The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

all the units that don't cause MW on hit rolls are at least hurt by the -1 to hit...

alas almost all the strongest ones are not in this cathegory. Shooting is way too strong already and did not need another boost, quite the countrary in fact

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

I've seen rumored changes to max unit sizes elsewhere.  

If units like Bloodstalkers were capped at 10 models instead of 20, "shoot again" abilities (and their shooting in general) becomes a lot less obnoxious without becoming really bad. 

Might make sense,

The new coherency rules definitely seem to be written with much smaller units in mind.

I actually love that the Kruel lads specialize in mortals. Destruction as a whole grievously lacks mortal wound output compared to other factions. It makes sense the sneaky swamp orruks would use toxins to maximum effect. 

I want to see those hobgrot warscrolls!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

“Reducing lethality”

At least I had that feeling at the beginig (not sure anymore).

But let's not panic, we need to see if they can ignore LoS, at least 19 shots for unit at 30" and any magic/habilities that let them reroll to hit!! 

Because, you know, that's what we have now...

Edited by Beliman
Grammar

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

At least I had that feeling at the begning (not sure anymore).

But let's not panic, we need to see if they can ignore LoS, at least 19 shots for unit at 30" and any magic/habilities that let them reroll to hit!! 

I had the same with slaneesh, dok, br2/3/4 and soulblight, but the new orruks broke the powercreep level

12 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I had the same with slaneesh, dok, br2/3/4 and soulblight, but the new orruks broke the powercreep level

Maybe you are right. Imho, it sucks to have all that many mortal wounds around, but I need to play against/with them before having an strong opinion (like some people already have here).

Maybe they have 5+hit in all their weapons with only mortal wounds that gives them the oportunity to kill SCE? or a low volume of attacks (without rerolls)? Or non rend at all?
Or maybe they all have 5+saves with 2+/2+ profiles and their games ends at turn 2 ? Well, we already have that, so, not a big deal 🤣

Edited by Beliman

14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

At least I had that feeling at the begning (not sure anymore).

I think a 4+ save vs mortals as a blanket ability for every warscroll should balance the game out a bit again.

• Like 3

A person in a Whatsapp chat I'm in who is very well known and respected in the community (you would know their name if I said them but in case they weren't meant to say anything at all I'll not mention them) has replied to someone who said that they really liked using large units to get big buffs. 

This famous member of the Community said "I want you to remember this moment [name]

It will be relevant later"

That sounds like there will be a major change to large units that's not just the new coherency rules... 

They have refused to elaborate further.

To specify, this was a response to "In general, since I don't use MSU at all, I feel these strong command abilities are going to reward my playstyle"

Edited by Enoby
  • Thanks 2

To be fair, all out defense is now usable in the shooting phase and gives +1 save. That is something. You can save your CPs to just +1 save most of your army in the opponent shooting phase. The problem is MW spam and reactive shooting.

1 minute ago, Yoid said:

To be fair, all out defense is now usable in the shooting phase and gives +1 save. That is something. You can save your CPs to just +1 save most of your army in the opponent shooting phase. The problem is MW spam and reactive shooting.

Typical fifth-round heroes and buffers are vulnerable to Shoting, whether MW or not.

GW didn't give them the means to protect them in this edition either. Compared to the strength of shooting, Save+ and Hit-1 are not enough to protect them.

5 minutes ago, WHYGW said:

Typical fifth-round heroes and buffers are vulnerable to Shoting, whether MW or not.

GW didn't give them the means to protect them in this edition either. Compared to the strength of shooting, Save+ and Hit-1 are not enough to protect them.

Save +2  with finest hour and then healing later with Heroic Recovery. But i get your point.

• Like 1

To be honest the meta does not seem that much dominated by shooting. And we have already 2 debuff to shooting armies, with smaller tables and reduced screening (coherency). Add the +1 save command, add all the rumore pointing to smaller unit sizes, I don't get what you want more

Edited by Khadral
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Khadral said:

To be honest the meta does not seem that much dominatore by shooting. And we have already 2 debuff ti shooting armies, with smaller tables and reduced screening (coherency). Add the +1 save command, add all the rumore pointing to smaller unit sizes, I don't get what you want more

We apparently play a different game then :)

• Like 1

Ok now it seems like cavarly is f'ed and monsters/shooting hyper buffed

But what if we are going to get secondary mission to achieve points easy to do by infantry and cabalry but hard for monsters and shooting units? This game is not fantasy, is not about killing, is about scoring.

• Like 1

Orruk Warclans then. So, bye bye new units for Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz :( I'm wondering if Big Waagh will be still usable in 3rd edition. I have wanted to start a project with Greenskins army for four systems (The 9th Age, Kings of War, Old World and Age of Sigmar) using generic Mantic miniatures and Ironjawz...

8 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

For all we know, there's a rule that units can only be selected to shoot once per battle round, and this new CA helps mitigate getting double turned with a shooting army. I can think of several other rules that would mitigate this, chill out folks.

The issue is that anyone with even the slightest inclination to the zeitgeist towards shooting would know that we need reassurance that shooting is going to be less powerful. So if those rules do exist (please!), those should be put out at least at the same time as these ones that support the strength of shooting. Otherwise we're all going to get worked up over these rules that are incredibly powerful with our current understanding.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Graywater said:

The issue is that anyone with even the slightest inclination to the zeitgeist towards shooting would know that we need reassurance that shooting is going to be less powerful. So if those rules do exist (please!), those should be put out at least at the same time as these ones that support the strength of shooting. Otherwise we're all going to get worked up over these rules that are incredibly powerful with our current understanding.

This is one of the biggest problems with GW marketing though. It’s fun to a degree getting these little snippets each day, keeps the hype going and gets you looking forward to something each day. And it’s not just a GW tactic tbf, a lot of companies do it.

But you definitely get the problem of seeing things out of context which can lead to some rushed opinions. I am included in this, and imo I don’t see any nerfs like that coming to shooting, I think it’s just gonna be really strong, until maybe they nerf the stats in later tomes. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

For all we know, there's a rule that units can only be selected to shoot once per battle round, and this new CA helps mitigate getting double turned with a shooting army. I can think of several other rules that would mitigate this, chill out folks.

Kinda weird given that Morathi has been updated that with a rule/CA that double shoots the snakes (in a different phase lol) 

dont expect to see a rule like you have mentioned. Maybe we will grt better terrain rules?