The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

You guys love soups so much we are eventually going to get only 5 Battletomes.

Order
Death
Destruction
Chaos
Lumineth Realmlords

(I am completely kidding) 

That makes me smile

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Are there any characters or places starting with a W? For some reason I'm drawn to the 40K Imperial Eagle.

the W makes me think it'll be AOS, it doesn't fit with Sisters and if it were 40k Witch Hunters/Inquisition it would be the penultimate "I"

drawing an absolute blank on who in AOS would use a W though :(

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Are there any characters or places starting with a W? For some reason I'm drawn to the 40K Imperial Eagle.

Wsoran. Vampirates confirmed once again! 🦇🦇🦇

Am I the only one who finds it kind of weird that there are both a vampire named Ushoran and one named Wsoran, by the way?

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I didn't follow close enough about the new AOS box. Is it the new starter box or is it a limited edition "à la" 40K Indomitus box?

Yes, this one is going to be a limited run. But there will be an indefinite run of different starter boxes later, like with the Soul Wars boxes.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

the W makes me think it'll be AOS, it doesn't fit with Sisters and if it were 40k Witch Hunters/Inquisition it would be the penultimate "I"

drawing an absolute blank on who in AOS would use a W though :(

22 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Wsoran. Vampirates confirmed once again! 🦇🦇🦇

Am I the only one who finds it kind of weird that there are both a vampire named Ushoran and one named Wsoran, by the way?

Wait wait wait...could our own @Whitefang be receiving his own Faction!? 

Or is it a person that was burnt at the stake for being a WITCH!?

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

AoSDaily Wizards Jun8 Boxout4

Seems like Kruelboyz will get a mortal wounds on 6s allegiance ability. Hopefully to wound. Also, another instance of +1 to saves. They are really handing that out like candy right now.

I guess you could use it on some  turns, but unless you run 2 or more of the svampcallas I would almost use their spell instead. Boardwide +1 and -1 on charge rolls is pretty good.

Edited by Boingrot Bouncer

1 minute ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

I guess you could use it on some  turns, but unless you run 2 or more of the svampcallas I would almost use their spell instead. Boardwide +1 and -1 on charge rolls is pretty good.

I don't know, +1 to saves is pretty good. Might be worth keeping your Swampcalla close to a tanky unit for. Of course, if Kruleboyz are mostly on 5+ saves, not so much. Then again, since you can use this guy in Big Waagh, I'm sure a few Ironjawz units would appreciate +1 to saves.

It's also nice that this is not a spell, so it can't be unbound. Helpful for getting some value against mega-casters.

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't know, +1 to saves is pretty good. Might be worth keeping your Swampcalla close to a tanky unit for. Of course, if Kruleboyz are mostly on 5+ saves, not so much. Then again, since you can use this guy in Big Waagh, I'm sure a few Ironjawz units would appreciate +1 to saves.

It's also nice that this is not a spell, so it can't be unbound. Helpful for getting some value against mega-casters.

I'm pretty sure there won't be a way to give Ironjawz units the KRULEBOYZ keyword

• Thanks 1

These wizards are so fantastic looking. Two of the best models in the box but also somewhat easy to overlook next to some of the crazier models included.

Knight-Arcanum: I am conflicted on Mask vs unmasked head for the Knight-Arcanum as I was thinking of no helmets on the Heroes and Champions to make them easier to read on the battlefield if I get stormcast... a mask feels like it falls in-between visually, I think it should be okay if I paint it to contrast the armour as this is simply an aesthetic rule I am making up on the fly. I do think rules wise like all Stormcast Wizards she seems pretty straight forward in terms of abilities a standard wizard doing standard things.

I like that Kruel Boyz seem to have a similar mechanic of ethereal swamp magic like Idoneth have with the sea. I think it would be fun and fluffy to have them battle and fight over which ecosystem is dominate. Pot Grot is adorable and I really like its rules. I like when mages are not just focused on magic but have additional effects showcasing their position of wisdom within a society such as being a shaman or in this case an apothecary. Overall the cooler of the two units and I am really looking forward to seeing how people paint this model. I think these buffs seem like it is a must take as opposed to the Knight-Arcanum who seems like just another decent SCE wizard.

Edited by Neverchosen

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The spell is +1 charge rolls on Kruleboyz and -1 charge rolls on any other units. Ironjawz will come under any other units, so a mixed big Waaaagh force will mean deciding if having brutes or goregruntas at -1 charge is worth the trade off.

Edit - Unless there are rules that compensate for this that we don't know about. 

Edited by SunStorm
  • Thanks 1

I really felt like Mortal Wounds weren’t common enough in the game. Glad another army gets it as an army rule to do them on 6’s.

I was pretty hyped about this new edition but the fact that they’ve managed to mention mortal wounds in every single article so far has really killed it for me. Seriously hoping they’d put a dampener on it but seems like they’re just giving every single unit in the game mortal wounds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

The spell is +1 charge rolls on Kruleboyz and -1 charge rolls on any other units. Ironjawz will come under any other units, so a mixed big Waaaagh force will mean deciding if having brutes or goregruntas at -1 charge is worth the trade off.

Edit - Unless there are rules that compensate for this that we don't know about. 

I didn't play Big Waaaght recently, but buff can be apply on every orruk when played like that, right?

8 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I really felt like Mortal Wounds weren’t common enough in the game. Glad another army gets it as an army rule to do them on 6’s.

I was pretty hyped about this new edition but the fact that they’ve managed to mention mortal wounds in every single article so far has really killed it for me. Seriously hoping they’d put a dampener on it but seems like they’re just giving every single unit in the game mortal wounds. 

From what we know, every single Stormcast Eternal and Kruleboyz actually deal MW thanks to their allegiance abilities.

What I don't like is that the new Coherency rules are a big nerf to most of the mele units in the game, wich got the effect of work as a buff to every shooting unit too. They don't got to worry about ranks and coherency when they can project the range of their weapons.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Repost from another thread but, saves seem to be going up in general, along with easier access to +1 to save buffs. I think all the MW give an answer to many of the 2+ save units -especially for armies that have little access to rend. I imagine Kruleboyz will be one of those armies with little rend btw. They are the cunnin orruks, not the big bulky ones.

Hard to say if all the MW will be a problem, but I can see some logic behind it.