The Rumour Thread

Slug mount eh? What's that going to have, move 3? That would kinda kill the whole idea of cavalry :P

Well nurgle was pretty much expected (you don't leave chaos god out of ghb without good reason after all), I wonder if Skaven pestilens can grab them as allies? Would love to get some new great unclean one as ally.

• Like 1

Very mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I am happy to see the story progress and more female minis from GW is great but on the other hand Stormcast vs nurgle is very disappointing.

I know that there are a lot of nurgle fans here, but their look and character is already very well established in AoS. However good a new beast of nurgle might look, I can easily imagine what it will look like.

I was hoping for more outrageous flights of imagination like the overlords. Wacky underwater shadow Aelves please.

The shadowy female Stormcast character has me pretty excited, probably just a character release like the Veritant I'm thinking, which is just perfect.  Everyone in my club keeps asking when I am going to start something other than stormcast, and I keep saying every time I get the itch they release some more SCE models I gotta have, lol

so it looks like we are getting a new campaign book alongside a nurgle deamon release. cool. i wonder if we will get a nurgle battletome with this as well as i looks like we are just getting deamons, not rotbringers.

Edited by Sennyo

Just now, shadowgra said:

If this is what they have in mind as Nurgle release, i am ****** mad.

No mortals, no battletome, no allegiance? Are u joking?

Uhh.. we don't know what's coming yet.  It's likely going to be a Battletome, not sure of mortals though.  This is presumably the new campaign.

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

Slug mount eh? What's that going to have, move 3? That would kinda kill the whole idea of cavalry :P

Well nurgle was pretty much expected (you don't leave chaos god out of ghb without good reason after all), I wonder if Skaven pestilens can grab them as allies? Would love to get some new great unclean one as ally.

Especially after order gets their magical azyr salt relic that melts slugs.

Good to see nurgle getting some attention!  Perhaps death rattle next?

Horticolous they call me, that is the name sung, those same songs tell that I am the first of Nurgles creations.  The Realm Gate War is over the Grandfather is displeases, thus begins the Blightwar.

Come Black Talon, Sigmars chosen Assassin, your blood shall water my masters rotten earth, your storm-forged bones shall be planted in the poisoned soil of Nurgles great garden

Quickly transcribed the audio from the video.  I'm not 100% on the name though, could have been Forticulous or something else entirely!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Quickly transcribed the audio from the video.  I'm not 100% on the name though, could have been Forticulous or something else entirely!

Saw someone on war-of-sigmar mentioning horticulus, and making a horticulture connection? He does seem to be really into his gardening. 

Possibly yet another rumour engine pic? The anchor that's possibly a plow?

34 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Patience, my friend, patience...

Nurgle is definitely getting a Battletome - this preview combined with the fact that they don't have any section in the GH17 confirms it.

And, in typical GW fashion, when they release a teaser, they don't show all the good stuff... this Horticulus might actually be the daemon on a slug shown in the preview, or could be an additional character... But if GW is making this a focal point of their AoS marketing / story, you can be pretty sure that they will be including new models to make sure that they can maximize their sales  - I would expect a similar approach to their Tzeentch launch

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spidero said:

The halo in that artwork looks familiar too? Probably the least exciting potential rumour engine from that video. 

se.JPG.989ed12260aaa590a00c3b3604d0be9a.JPG

Good spotting, Mr Eagle Eye!

Re "the least exciting" point, we'll have to agree to disagree - getting a female Stormcast (another one on top of the Shadespire one) is one of the coolest news of the year in my book!

1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

this release means a few things. look at what tzeentch got.

new changling ==> new epidemus

new lord of change ==> new great unclean one

blue horrors an brimstone ==> new beasts or nurgle?

sounds like a new hero, 

tzaangors ==> pestigors ( hopefully)

skyfires/enlightened ==> new cav?

book, dice, cards. lore of magic which gives extra spells. now the task is to find out what additional thing nurgle stuff gets 

• Like 2