The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

Regarding Kruleboyz, if they were getting their own book, why would GW be so coy about it? Why refer to a completely separate battletome every time just because the loophole in the rules lets you bring them together? Why wouldn't they just say they're getting their own book?

Every sign we've seen points to them being a Warclans expansion. I get that's a worst-case-scenario for a lot of people, but believing otherwise just seems like denial.

They are making it pretty clear that Kruleboyz are part of Warclans. Though I don't see why that would be a bad thing. If anything it's good because the other Orruks would get updated alongside them. 

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

I don't think it's time to start panicking just yet. The coherency rule is an import from 40k. It wouldn't surprise me if this rule gets imported too. Screenshot_20210608-084334.png.e00318cc46e8a2eb712c5517971a518b.png

This would let a second rank of minis fight as well and might explain why the Soulblight lances are only range 1. 

As for the Stormcast there's no reason why Gavriel's warscroll won't change. 

Every other rule we've seen so far looks like it was quite carefully thought out. Hopefully that is maintained throughout the new core rules. 

As we can see from the new Stormcast warscroll, melee weapons still have a range. This rule is 99% not happening 

38 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

anything on the rumour front with regards to upcoming soup?
atia website comments has people discussing rumoured upcoming soup of dwarves together and wood elves together, no idea if that is a rumour worth any weight

I don't think anyone has a solid source on this. If I recall, the rumour of dwarf soup first appeared in a reddit post that did not look particularly reliable. Then later, GW mentioned Fyreslayers and KO getting along better in an article, which poured some fuel on the fire. But that's literally the extent of it. No reliable leakers have said anything about combined dwarves to my knowledge.

As for wood elves, Whitefang commented that we would be getting Kurnothi at some point. But that's not exactly confirmation of wood elf soup.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

Regarding Kruleboyz, if they were getting their own book, why would GW be so coy about it? Why refer to a completely separate battletome every time just because the loophole in the rules lets you bring them together? Why wouldn't they just say they're getting their own book?

Every sign we've seen points to them being a Warclans expansion. I get that's a worst-case-scenario for a lot of people, but believing otherwise just seems like denial.

I agree, I'm pretty sure they're going to be Warclans, I'd be more suprised for them not to be.

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Or even the other way around with Warclans first then Kruleboyz getting a separate one with a second wave of stuff like squig-warg cavalry.

And honestly I could see Warclans hitting first just because 80% of the Coherency fears are coming from Ironjawz cavalry players. So a tome drop for quick warscrolls change to fit the new smaller cavalry focus could be in the cards for the massive greenskins.

I could see this happening. Keep them with Warclans at first and then expand them out when their range is updated.

2 hours ago, Envyus said:

They are making it pretty clear that Kruleboyz are part of Warclans. Though I don't see why that would be a bad thing. If anything it's good because the other Orruks would get updated alongside them. 

I think the Kruleboyz part with "orruk keyword" will be also playable under Big waagh alliance, probably the "hobgrot keyword" part will be playable only under Kruleboyz alliance. I am sure Kruleboyz will have their own battletome with rules and lore. 

I am pleasantly surprised that Kruleboyz are part of orruk warclans, I thought it was a completely different race/army with own keyword such as morruk/hobgrot/kruleboyz.

1 hour ago, Joseph Mackay said:

As we can see from the new Stormcast warscroll, melee weapons still have a range. This rule is 99% not happening 

Shame. I think the 40k meele rule is superior and makes meele really viable (one of the things).  

After the coherency rule changes and new 1 inch lance range on the blood knights there is no reason to play more than 5 of them which is shame. (You are actively shooting yourself into your own undead foot). 

IF you stick to  the AoS rule set then your warscroll team needs to be on point and give weapons proper range in meele. 

Furthermore the current AoS rule if you are on 25mm base and 40mm base  the smaller 25mm base basically is doubling your damage.  

I really like the Warclan book, probably the best of 2th ed for me. Ironjawz are playable, Bonesplita are playable and if you want to mix everything you have rule for it.

On another side, I hate the idea of allies. At least for matched play. That should be kept for narrative games. Having an allegiance for playing a soup faction is really the best and give flavour to the otherwise boring soup army.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Indecisive said:

anything on the rumour front with regards to upcoming soup?
atia website comments has people discussing rumoured upcoming soup of dwarves together and wood elves together, no idea if that is a rumour worth any weight

Hadn't seen anything - was Atia or Bob saying anything? The rumours have been around for a while and I think they have weight. 

4 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't think anyone has a solid source on this. If I recall, the rumour of dwarf soup first appeared in a reddit post that did not look particularly reliable. Then later, GW mentioned Fyreslayers and KO getting along better in an article, which poured some fuel on the fire. But that's literally the extent of it. No reliable leakers have said anything about combined dwarves to my knowledge.

As for wood elves, Whitefang commented that we would be getting Kurnothi at some point. But that's not exactly confirmation of wood elf soup.

Actually WhiteFang has been strongly suggesting Dwarfs are getting a shared battle tome around new Grungni dwarfs [I think I may be misrepresenting him]. If the dwarf new models are going to 2 faction s in 3rd ed they seem to be Grungni Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs , I'd rather a good combined book with new art, new lore [and there will be as this would be a new development] and new dwarf models rather than just getting anew book for a faction. but I'm a modeller and collector. Plus there's nothing to stop GW releasing Ko or Fyreslayers models under a combined tome. For the depth of lore/art you still have your old [the current] battle tome. 

Kurnothi are coming, I think Whitefang again hinted that it will be combined - like Athel Loren reborn so Tree spirits, kurnothi and re imagined wanderers in one.

Its a little sad but it makes sense with so many factions now In the setting with a few more to come as well. Hopefully the new Battletomes will be a bit fatter, filled with content.

Remember when all skeletons and bones were proof positive of Tomb Kings return?

This is one of those interesting rumour engines that can easily fit 40K or AOS aesthetics. I am leaning towards AOS as carving into bone/branding people seems more old fashioned--as I would expect maybe a servo, diode or other such tech Greeblie jammed into the skull instead. But 40k is pretty medieval so we shall see.

As for which army, Cities/Free Citites seems like a good bet but I could easily imagine this being part of a destruction base or a terrain piece. My hope is something new for Flesh Eater Courts, if the W is related to some noble family they could be using this as a flowing banner caught in the wind with their sigil fluttering above their knightly order readying for a charge*. If it is 40k I feel like Imeprials like to rock the candles but both Space Marines and Sisters of Battle just got their release and they seem to be the most into candles. Although, according to everytime I wrongly speculate on a 40k model someone politely explains how Inquisitors** are the exception to the rule... which I find it strange how every single preview can be of an Inquistor yet there are so few Inquistor models. 

*I still want a cavalry unit of either dead riders bolted to ghoulish horses or ghouls using the spine and head of their long dead cavalry as a makeshift hobby horse... although the latter would likely not function well as a cavalry unit.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1