The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

Good to know, thanks!

Also, the Grimdark Live people said that June 19th, July 3rd, July 17th, and August 7th were all days to watch out for. We know June 19th and July 3rd. I think it's likely we get either big preorders, previews, or releases on the 17th and the 7th as well.

Edited by EnumaEilish
  • Like 2

The annihilator can now perform a 7-inch deep strike. 

This means that their Deep Strike Mortal Wound can be coated in a range of 3".

If you add Gabriel, you can charge 4+.

Finally, when they die, they roll 9 dice, coat them with 5+, and disappear.

From beginning to end, MW!

I can hear their points go up. 

By the way, the Imperatant's close-up shot is awesome! Lord celestants are crying.

KGvvUGd0yMe5NxFc.jpg

Edited by WHYGW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

KGvvUGd0yMe5NxFc.jpg

Wow the new warscrolls are really pleasing on the ol' eye! Also the more I see this model the more I like it. I still think the rod with his face on it is silly but I will always find AOS is at it's best when it is a little silly. Also seeing the old Knight Vexilor makes me appreciate how great the new one is in contrast 😅

Also it is confirmed that we will look at each faction. As a fan of Chaos Undivided I can't wait to see why it is still better to run Beasts of Chaos and Slaves to Darkness models in other Chaos Factions.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Boar said:

This is really going to suck for larger base-sized units. They're essentially losing half of the attacks of a unit because they have to sit in a second rank behind the front. My ogors are crying.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

This is really going to suck for larger base-sized units. They're essentially losing half of the attacks of a unit because they have to sit in a second rank behind the front. My ogors are crying.

Except for the ends even 10 ogors in a line will be within 2 others, you will just have to have a "triangle" in each end, not the end of the world.

26 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Until you take 1 casualty and then...

Ah yes, should not comment on new rules when tired I guess ;)

It is still a big deal it is the end of the turn and not the end of the phase anymore, so small screening units can still serve their purpose to some extent.

Edited by Scurvydog
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Boar said:

Interesting. Basically Aos just became a formations game!

This also influences units on 25mm bases in a weird way: they can still make one long line, but there can be no space within the bases.

Edited by hoonked
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

It is still a big deal it is the end of the turn and not the end of the phase anymore, so small screening units can still serve their purpose to some extent.

It was in battleshock phase not any phase so similar.

3 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Hang on, I just realized that units of 6 should be fine (dracolines bought as 6 for example)
Do the grouping at the ends, once you take one casualty you'll lose coherency but you will have a unit of 5 at this point so your coherency rules change.

On regular rounds it still means 1/3 of your unit has to stay out of range to be within range of 2 friendlies.

That coherency is... Weird. It works well in 40k but that's because the range is 2" not 1". Plus the way they do combat ranges is way way better in 40k and doesn't use weapon ranges. If they don't tweak combat ranges somehow this is going to have an absolutely massive impact on the way the game is played and the viability of some units. Maybe even entire factions.

At the very least it'd have to be something like you're in range of the enemy if you're within 1" of a friendly that is also in range of the enemy. That'd at least get us close what we have now. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EnumaEilish said:

Also, the Grimdark Live people said that June 19th, July 3rd, July 17th, and August 7th were all days to watch out for. We know June 19th and July 3rd. I think it's likely we get either big preorders, previews, or releases on the 17th and the 7th as well.

July 17th could be another Preview showing off the rest of the Kruelboyz and Stormcast? With a quick turn around Pre Order on the 7th?

1 hour ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I may be in the minority - but I liked the 2nd Edtion Warscroll design best. The flavour text in the Middle between the 2 circles of portrait and values did it for me. 🙁

THERE IS/WAS A FLAVOUR TEXT??? Oooofsie 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

July 17th could be another Preview showing off the rest of the Kruelboyz and Stormcast? With a quick turn around Pre Order on the 7th?

I would beat that 17th july ~ 7th August would be the 2 wee preorder for the SCE and Kruleboyz tome + remaining kits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SunStorm said:

Another question is which Battletome will Kragnos be in? Or indeed will he ever be integrated into an army rather than just being a guy any Destruction force can take, but with no synergies. 

My guess is he won't .... I (sadly) think he's a bit of an afterthought ... Very rushed, badly conceived ... Such a shame ... But hey ho onwards and upwards 🙂

44 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

I wonder if we're getting the second rank fighting rules that 40k now has with this coherency change.

I feel like spears are going to be a lot more valuable in this edition or maybe ranges will change somewhat to better reflect the size of units? 

I feel Cavalry, Ogors, Trogoths and Bullgors are going to particularly feel the sting.

Edited by Neverchosen