The Rumour Thread

I think people are overvalueating anhilators. If they are 200 points, why would you take them over evocators? They only do mortal wounds if you get your charge, if not your points are pretty much wasted. Evocators do there mortal wounds if they attack so much more save output+ they are wizards. Only thing that’s better with anhilators is the save that makes them tankier but it’s still 15 vs 9 wounds.. I still see them at 150 points..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

I think people are overvalueating anhilators. If they are 200 points, why would you take them over evocators? They only do mortal wounds if you get your charge, if not your points are pretty much wasted. Evocators do there mortal wounds if they attack so much more save output+ they are wizards. Only thing that’s better with anhilators is the save that makes them tankier but it’s still 15 vs 9 wounds.. I still see them at 150 points..

I have to compare them to my Ironjawz Brutes. Honestly I hope they are 200pts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

Well wouldn't that make them fall in line with all the other Paladins as Evocators are simply much better?

I mean that is assuming that Evocators are not getting an update or points readjustment, that is why it is so hard to evaluate this unit as they are being judged somewhat in a vacuum. I do think comparing them to more recent releases would make more sense rather than other Stormcast units, but even then points often reflect things such as army wide abilities and summoning mechanics. So the reality of the situation is that we can make educated guesses but they are still guesses. But personally I expect Evocators to get a nerf in the next edition either to their rules or for a points increase making other Paladin units more desirable.

However, I think the best part of the Anhilators is that they seem like a mechanically fun unit to play. Bursting from the sky and setting up a charge that causes literal impact, seems like more fun than Evocators chain lightening. However, I do prefer Evocators models and I do like the fact that they are a unit of spell casters so if someone were making a themed list of Paladins I could see running both. But I guess this shows a fundamental difference in play styles, as I would much rather have interesting units than powerful ones... maybe I should play Gloomspite Gitz. 😮

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

I'd much rather take Evocators tbh, but I'll wait for the full warscroll before giving my final judgement. I'm curious what other utilities they can bring and what points value they are at. If they are within Evocator range and this is all they offer damage wise, there's little reason to bring Annihilators.

More importantly as a Ironjaw's player, I wanna see the new Orruk's and what specialties they bring to the table. Orruk's Warclan side, if they can patch up the Brute's warscroll a bit and their points if need be, that's all I need to be happy.

22 minutes ago, Backbreaker said:

I have to compare them to my Ironjawz Brutes. Honestly I hope they are 200pts.

so 200 points buy you roughly 8 brutes (vs 3 models) with 24 wounds (vs 9) and double the damage of annihilators in combat (11 vs 6 against a 4+) which will outdamage the (potential) MWs quick enough.

In the end the question is how the 2+ save is pointed. I would argue that in such low numbers being very resilient is not that important, since the enemy doesn't really need to dislodge you from objectives: they can send... 8 brutes and capture it while annihilators (supposing they sustain 0 damage, which is not the case) will take 4 rounds of combat to clear them.

Edited by Marcvs

4 hours ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

He’s referring to the Annihilators, which the past page or so of discussion has been about. There’s no clique or ‘in crowd’ about it, they’re larger models so he was just trying to refer to them in a humorous way, as part of the running discussion about them.

Yeah. Humor. Reducing the creative efforts of a team of people who work hard to bring us joy to nothing more than an offhand slang that insults people in the real world. Got it. Humor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Sorry I write it down here but I need a really quick response. I'm sure there are some retailers over here.

Last week I contacted GW via online form on their retailers website and still got no response from them. I want to open a shop with GW products and other board games. Are you aware of any information that GW stopped seeking new retailers or whatever? I'm worried since I haven't received any information from them. Does any of you know what kind of requirements does one need to fulfill to become a GW's retailer? Can my place of residence, my city be too small for GW to agree that I open a shop there? Like GW partner stores can work only in major cities or something? I wanted to start legal work to start a company and don't know whether or not I should wait.

Edited by Aeryenn

25 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Sadly I think we'll find the short stories are finished now (we may be lucky and get a bonus one or two).

I am down for some short epilogues; so long as one of the stories is Archaon sitting on his throne, super depressed that he didn't do anything noteworthy while his Varanguard try to cheer him up.

"Come on Boss, Sigmar barely did anything either. This was below you and it finally got Be'lakor out of the Eightpoints and you hate that guy"

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 7
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Sadly I think we'll find the short stories are finished now (we may be lucky and get a bonus one or two).

I'd love to get some small stories concerning the arrival of a certain character at the end and their peoples reactions to it. Also wrapping up some loose ends such as a certain handsome and heavy set fellow. 

I cannot wait to get my hands on the 3.0 Core Book now!! All these stories wrapping up and leading into the Crusades of Order!! There are a lot of Mawpaths out there in the wilds, it would be a shame for someone to be eaten.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Priests can dispel and have generic prayers. Cool!

Edit: Seems like the article is talking about using Heroic Actions, and not that all PRIESTS can unbind/dispel natively.

I actually read that the first way. The article talks about how priest can dispel endless spells and invocations, and then mentions that other heroes can also dispel with heroic actions in the next paragraph. I think those two things are supposed to be separate.

In regards to the Kruelboyz we still arent sure if they are getting their own Battletome or bundled into Warclans. If they are bundled then obviously Warclans will be one of the two first Battletomes for 3.0 but if they are their own time then surely Warclans cant be that far behind them? 

If they are separate perhaps it gives more hope for Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz to get their own new releases.

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

In regards to the Kruelboyz we still arent sure if they are getting their own Battletome or bundled into Warclans. If they are bundled then obviously Warclans will be one of the two first Battletomes for 3.0 but if they are their own time then surely Warclans cant be that far behind them?

Hard to say: Nighthaunt had it's own battletome, but a lot of Nighthaunt units were also playable in Legions of Nagash. And Legions of Nagash did not get any updates during AoS 2 right until the end with Soulblight Gravelords.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Sorry I write it down here but I need a really quick response. I'm sure there are some retailers over here.

Last week I contacted GW via online form on their retailers website and still got no response from them. I want to open a shop with GW products and other board games. Are you aware of any information that GW stopped seeking new retailers or whatever? I'm worried since I haven't received any information from them. Does any of you know what kind of requirements does one need to fulfill to become a GW's retailer? Can my place of residence, my city be too small for GW to agree that I open a shop there? Like GW partner stores can work only in major cities or something? I wanted to start legal work to start a company and don't know whether or not I should wait.

There's a good chance that department is still a bit swamped, so the week is a bit short.

Current business partners of GW might be able to give some insight, but that would be from when they were dealing with GW to set up that partnership, so it may not apply to your situation (in 2021, in your country, in your city etc).

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Normal paladins come in units of 5 and have 15 wounds a unit not 9. But we will see.

Normal paladins have a 4+ save rather than 2+. I think they will be 220-240pts. The MW on a charge ability is very powerful from experience doing it with mawtribes. 

Endless spells will probably receive rewritten scrolls, but looking at them as is there are some spells that are definitely more interesting.

Being able to hold onto lifeswarm and have your horde unit of choice revive D3 models in your and your opponents turn. 

Lauchon could be able to teleport your units in your opponents hero phase lol

Edited by Verminlord
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

Endless spells will probably receive rewritten scrolls, but looking at them as is there are some spells that are definitely more interesting.

Being able to hold onto lifeswarm and have your horde unit of choice revive D3 models in your and your opponents turn. 

Lauchon could be able to teleport your units in your opponents hero phase lol

They confirmed new warscrolls for endless spells would be in GHB 2021

Teleporting with Lauchon in the enemy turn seems hilarious

6 minutes ago, Laststand said:

Normal paladins have a 4+ save rather than 2+. I think they will be 220-240pts. The MW on a charge ability is very powerful from experience doing it with mawtribes. 

Evocators do more damage, have more wounds, have more models, and have more utility at 220 points.

Annihilators are basically unplayable above 140p per 3, and should likely cost around 120 per 3 (40ppm).

• Like 3
  • Haha 3