The Rumour Thread

Yeah, they definitely seemed to do an oopsie on the 'find out tomorrow'.

But with Sunday being the normal day for "UP FOR PRE-ORDER NEXT WEEK..." announcements I think it's fair to assume next week will be Dominion.

The only question is if it'll be the two week pre-order for a new edition or if the hurried Covid schedule will have them reduce it to one, although I'm still banking on the former.

Edit: Was proven wrong literally less than a minute later by the post directly below.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius501 said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/05/dominion-release-date-revealed-find-out-when-you-can-pre-order-the-ultimate-launch-box/ 

Well apparently they had to prove me wrong. Unfortunately it’s a month before we can have our hands on it :C but I’m really happy they’ve given us a set date now.

Huh, the article's not showing on the Community page for me? (thus my above post)

7 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Seems like the terrain we saw before is real and not just studio-build

I dunno how I feel about the terrain piece it is really neat but the spherical part looks more like the 'balloon' section of a KO craft than anything to do with SCE. Still a cool piece but like I said it looks like it is designed for the wrong faction. Also the objective markers are cool but I would never purchase them. Actually it would probably make for kitbashing/converting KO airships a little easier now that I think about it...🤩

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Confused 1

Just now, Souleater said:

Given that this will likely sell out within hours, is the two week pre-order window more to help GW sort out the logistics / distribution side of things?

They've done two week pre-orders for new editions for quite a few years as I remember it, so it's likely that and a sort of marketing/hype to keep focus on the item that literally every player will be buying - the rulebook at least, if not Dominion the boxset.

• Like 2

Designed to work hand in hand with the new edition, this update brings together a host of changes and updates for your pitched battle games, including updated warscrolls for endless spells, new battleplans, and all the core rules of the game.

Neat.

• Like 2

I doubt Kruleboyz are what most Ironjawz and Bonsplitterz players wanted when they asked for more models, but it's a good sign that GW is willing to go back and give new models to extant factions rather than just make new ones that never get touched again. After Lumineth, Slaanesh, and now Warclans, the idea of a "second wave" has gone from a myth to a legitimate possibility for a lot of factions that didn't have much hope for proper support before. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Nuriel said:

Orruk Warclans, not Kruleboyz, huh? Interesting...

Hmmm. The previous preview of the Dominion box set did say the box contains Allegiance Ability Rules for Kruleboyz though.

I wonder if they will be OW until their official separate Battletome comes out

25 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I doubt Kruleboyz are what most Ironjawz and Bonsplitterz players wanted when they asked for more models, but it's a good sign that GW is willing to go back and give new models to extant factions rather than just make new ones that never get touched again. After Lumineth, Slaanesh, and now Warclans, the idea of a "second wave" has gone from a myth to a legitimate possibility for a lot of factions that didn't have much hope for proper support before. 

They haven't really given models to an extant faction though, they've just added a new faction onto the side of one that was already there.

I definitely don't think you can put Kruleboyz in the same area as Lumineth / Slaanesh second waves. Admittedly I don't play Ironjawz / Bonesplitterz but if I was told my army was getting a huge second wave and then received something thematically opposite that shares no visual or gameplay (obviously yet to be confirmed) cues with my existing force I'd be pretty annoyed about it.

Kruleboyz look cool, they might have some great lore, but an Ironjawz second wave they are not.

Edited by mojojojo101
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I really love what they are doing with the objectives and (hopefully) the new terrain.
From the looks of it, and the objectives' description, they seem to be based on Dawnbringer Crusade settlements, so basically work in progress buildings and repurposed ruins by the looks of it!