The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Wouldn't it be lovely if GW noticed how excited everyone was for the crab, and started using it in Idoneth in the same way Grphy-hounds are used in Stormcast?

image.png.fc92fcad42adb9d80a7a5aab73aecc4a.png

I think they know exactly how much the community likes the crab, the question is just if they already thought so before revealing it and are already working on some new models or if we have to wait a few years before we see anything like that

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

So, this is gonna be under the assumption that Kruleboyz are apart of Warclans.  Ironjawz have 10 different units, as do Bonesplitterz (including underworlds warbands). Throw in Kragnos, and that leaves OWC at 21 units right now.  There have been 9 confirmed Kruleboyz units (7 in dominion + the 2 revealed), which would bump the total up to 30 (interestingly just above the unit count for their fellow starter set faction, the Nighthaunt).

Now, the Gloomspite have 33 units and the Ogors have 35. I think the KB will receive at least 3-4 additional units, bringing OWC roughly up to par with their Destruction counterparts. Although if we’re really lucky, maybe they’ll throw a bone (hehe) to the Bonesplitterz and update one of their many terrible resin hero kits. Who knows, eh?

Do we know that Kruleboyz aren't getting their own battletome?

I was under the impression they said they'd be usable in OWC, not that they would be a direct expansion to it.

I guess if they are it means IJ and BS aren't going to be getting brought up to 3.0 standards extremely quickly.

9 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Do we know that Kruleboyz aren't getting their own battletome?

I was under the impression they said they'd be usable in OWC, not that they would be a direct expansion to it.

I guess if they are it means IJ and BS aren't going to be getting brought up to 3.0 standards extremely quickly.

Despite falling into the doom and gloom crowd I am curious how many releases necrons and nighthaunt received beyond their big boxes? I feel like it could be possible that a 'wave' within a week might be dedicated to IJ and BS... even if it is something as small as a new Hero for Iron Jawz (maybe a hero in a scrapwork chariot pulled by pigs that can be built as a non-heroic unit) and maybe a small elite unit for BoneSplitterz.

Edited by Neverchosen

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Despite falling into the doom and gloom crowd I am curious how many releases necrons and nighthaunt received beyond their big boxes? I feel like it could be possible that a 'wave' within a week might be dedicated to IJ and BS... even if it is something as small as a new Hero for Iron Jawz (maybe a hero in a scrapwork chariot pulled by pigs that can be built as a non-heroic unit) and maybe a small elite unit for BoneSplitterz.

Nighthaunt got around 9  non-starter set new units/models (including the Underworlds warband), whereas Necrons got about 7 or 8.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Nighthaunt got: 

Not in Soul Wars: 9

Bladegheist Revenants, Dreadscythe Harridans, Black Coach, Kurdoss Valentian, Reikenor, Dreadblade Harrows, Lady Olynder, Myrmourn Banshees, Endless Spells

Alternate/full kits/repacked sprues of Soul Wars figures: 5

Chainrasp Hordes, Liekoron, Grimghast Reapers, Glaivewraith Stalkers, Crawlocke

Plus the Thorns of the Briar Queen for Underworlds so 15 releases in total.

Necrons got:

Not in Indomitus: 11

Flayed Ones, Chronomancer, Psychomancer, Void Dragon, Hexmark, Lokhust, Doomstalker, Ophydians, Szarekh, Terrain, Monolith

Alternate/full kits/repacked sprues of Indomitus units: 3

Necron Warriors/Scarabs, Skorpekh Destroyers, "Royal Court" 

So 14 separate releases although one of those is an overpriced character sprue repackaged.

I would guess we'll see some of the sprues from the Kruleboyz side repacked as is whilst another 9-10 releases (including the Breaka-boss and Beast-skewer) plus at least one Warhammer Underworlds warband next season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I’m starting to think that when GW said today would be the pre-order announcement, they actually meant Sunday. They don’t do articles on Saturday so it seems quite weird. 

Think your right but there's still time. Actually I'd prefer tomorrow night as then its more likely to be up for pre order next Saturday 🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I’m starting to think that when GW said today would be the pre-order announcement, they actually meant Sunday. They don’t do articles on Saturday so it seems quite weird. 

They do put up articles on Saturday, normally around 5/6pm UK time with what's gone on pre order that day but they also occasionally put other things out like last week with visions of the beast. 

The article will go up later on this afternoon. 

• Thanks 1

Don't forget that Necrons were a fully fledged diverse army before Indomitus - a good number of their kits were new, but many were also updates to older sculpts or returning older sculpts. Nighthaunt were almost a fully new faction that stage and didn't have a big army of things. 

AS for if they get their own tome or not that's impossible to say at this stage; I would wager they will get their own. There's no reason we can't have different orruk tombs just like there are different aelf ones. I think the only reason we didn't see this before with Orruks is due to three factors

1) They were originally one army

2) They had several different styles of orruk, but they were all the same themes and designs and concepts - just with slight modifications. A bit like primaris and marines etc...

3) It was a tidying up tome and orruks didn't seem a heavy focus at all during 2.0 .

Right now I'd expect Cruelboyz to be their fully fledged own army and tome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Overread said:

Don't forget that Necrons were a fully fledged diverse army before Indomitus - a good number of their kits were new, but many were also updates to older sculpts or returning older sculpts. Nighthaunt were almost a fully new faction that stage and didn't have a big army of things. 

AS for if they get their own tome or not that's impossible to say at this stage; I would wager they will get their own. There's no reason we can't have different orruk tombs just like there are different aelf ones. I think the only reason we didn't see this before with Orruks is due to three factors

1) They were originally one army

2) They had several different styles of orruk, but they were all the same themes and designs and concepts - just with slight modifications. A bit like primaris and marines etc...

3) It was a tidying up tome and orruks didn't seem a heavy focus at all during 2.0 .

Right now I'd expect Cruelboyz to be their fully fledged own army and tome. 

Well they did say that the new boiz will be able to be played on their own as well.

So I’m guessing that the whaaag faction, will just be able to take them in addition

20 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well they did say that the new boiz will be able to be played on their own as well.

So I’m guessing that the whaaag faction, will just be able to take them in addition

I think when they say on their own it probably means like how iron jawz can be on their own. I expect a war clans book with all 3 orruk forces with a 4th allegiance (big waagh )for mixed forces

Edited by ageofpaddsmar
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

I think when they say on their own it probably means like how iron jawz can be on their own. I expect a war clans book with all 3 orruk forces with a 4 allegiance (big waagh )for mixed forces

The more I think about combined battletome the more I feel that at some point GW will need to release 2 books. 1 for lore and 1 for rules and profiles... 

Edited by cofaxest
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

The more I think about combined battletome the more I feel that at some point GW will need to release 2 books. 1 for lore and 1 for reles and profiles... 

The latest 40k Codexes have shrunk the amount of lore in them. Seems more likely that would happen, which is going to make the issue of combined 'Tomes diluting the uniqueness of armies even worse.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The latest 40k Codexes have shrunk the amount of lore in them. Seems more likely that would happen, which is going to make the issue of combined 'Tomes diluting the uniqueness of armies even worse.

That would be a shame(

5 hours ago, Matrindur said:

image.png.fc92fcad42adb9d80a7a5aab73aecc4a.png

I think they know exactly how much the community likes the crab, the question is just if they already thought so before revealing it and are already working on some new models or if we have to wait a few years before we see anything like that

Consider that bat squig, the Kurnothi lion, Ogor saber cat, and Darkoath hound have not been made into separate plastic yet probably means it could be a long time

I feel like if we see more hobgrot and Troggoth that are non Orruk units that Kruleboyz will likely be their own battletome because at that point a lot of units wouldn’t be usable in Big Waagh!

plus the army title and warscroll cards have been title Kruleboyz instead of Orruk Warclans but I guess it’s a wait and see

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

As someone who buys Battletomes for lore I would be greatly disappointed. In fact I would be outraged.

• Like 3

Just now, KingBrodd said:

As someone who buys Battletomes for lore I would be greatly disappointed. In fact I would be outraged.

Yeah the AoS 2.0 Battletomes were such an upgrade from 1.0 with lore and art (almost as good as peak 8th Edition Army Books) that Ill be on the sad train home. 

Although my wallet would appreciate it. 

Number of Armies played by me: 2
Number of Battletomes owned: 7

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Yeah the AoS 2.0 Battletomes were such an upgrade from 1.0 with lore and art (almost as good as peak 8th Edition Army Books) that Ill be on the sad train home. 

Although my wallet would appreciate it. 

Number of Armies played by me: 2
Number of Battletomes owned: 7

I play *shock horror* Sons of Behemat and Ogor Mawtribes. I cannot wait for their 3.0 tomes, but if they reduce the lore sections in each I would be devastated. Especially the Sons because there are realistically only 4 Warscrolls.

• Like 1

So they’ve done the usual, “pre-order now!” post, and the one before it was about pre-ordering books from Black Library. I definitely think they meant to say Sunday was the announcement of the Dominion pre-order lol.

I think the community team did an oopsie.

• Haha 2