The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Raviv said:

None of the predictions here proved to be right so far, so I wouldn't trust this too much.

This was something the mighty God-King Whitefang stated was 'true but not true.' 

After seeing the reveal, it definitely seems this rumour was based on partial truths, e.g. Contained hobgoblins rather than based on hobgoblins. 

After seeing the Dawnbringer Crusade tease, I'm really interested in what the Cities update means. 

New leaks from a trusted source (has never been wrong before)

- Generic command abilities completely reworked, think stratagems, no longer reliant on heroes

- "Heroic actions" as mentioned in the teaser are random effects that can trigger on a dice roll. ie. on a roll of a 6 you can attack twice

- Playing into the idea of the double turn, the triple turn is being implemented. With enough command points you can skip your opponent's turn.

- New board size isn't the same as 40k's, they really want to play into the AoS is a melee game design ideology. 2k games will play on 3x4 boards

• Haha 15

Those predictions about the new orrruks being based off hobgoblins, mainly the wolf riders is true.

the new orruks essentially are what hobgoblins are physically. And GW previously had gangly orcs and goblins that wore metal horned hats and rode wolves. 

person was speaking on generalities of what things could be interpreted as and were based on old models.

the new “hobgrot _xXSLITTAZXx_” appear to be slightly stretched grots rather than being more lanky like the new orruks, which is what hobgoblins typically are.

4 minutes ago, Cronotekk said:

- New board size isn't the same as 40k's, they really want to play into the AoS is a melee game design ideology. 2k games will play on 3x4 boards

i really don't think this is true. that would be really, really small

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

Worth remembering they said there are command reactions available for every phase of the game, now. It may be there's reactions you can do to being shot that further inflict penalties or boost saves, and they decided that was enough to declaw shooting. May be plenty of other things in the rules we're not seeing yet, as well.

6 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

I think if you get some kind of shoot reactions for command points, it would solve a lot problems too. If you get enough command points sure. 

I can think of one command ability so simple even Bert the Turtle can follow!

• Like 1

I think the reaction command points will be things like

Take cover in enemy shooting phase for +1 save or - 1 to hit. 

Stand ready in enemy charge phase for something like can reroll saves but only pile in 1"

Counter charge in enemy charge phase - 1 to save but can pile in 6"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cronotekk said:

- Generic command abilities completely reworked, think stratagems, no longer reliant on heroes

- "Heroic actions" as mentioned in the teaser are random effects that can trigger on a dice roll. ie. on a roll of a 6 you can attack twice

- Playing into the idea of the double turn, the triple turn is being implemented. With enough command points you can skip your opponent's turn.

I think the same guy posted on his unfindable source blogivlog feed that Teclis is getting a new command ability that and I quote from no origin:

"Penumberal Pastrami;

Light Magic pours out into the realm blinding opponents into inaction, removing thair advantage.

Teclis can spend 1CP and negate the opponents double turn. If the Lumineth Realm lords army has already had a double turn, then this ability allows them to have another turn in addition to the first."

Sidebar hint : All you have to do is get your first double turn and then just keep blowing one of these every turn, because LRL.

Shortly to be renamed Lumineth Order Lords.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

Worth remembering they said there are command reactions available for every phase of the game, now. It may be there's reactions you can do to being shot that further inflict penalties or boost saves, and they decided that was enough to declaw shooting. May be plenty of other things in the rules we're not seeing yet, as well.

I'm expecting something like "Hunker down - you may spend 1 CP if a unit is the target of attacks made in the shooting phase.  Until the end of this phase, the unit gains +1 save / 6+ ignore damage roll / etc".

16 hours ago, Yoid said:

So, Synessa get Lok Out Sir but her sister Dexcessa don't. Weird spot.

Ah, sibling rivalry 🤣

• Like 1

I don’t know why but I get really impatient and restless for Warhammer releases lol. I’m pretty patient with other things, but with Warhammer... I need that fix man!

Anyway, I REALLY want to know what the Kruleboyz’ army rules are, and if they have sub factions. I’m kinda tempted to paint mine with yellow shields and say they follow the Badmoon. 

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I don’t know why but I get really impatient and restless for Warhammer releases lol. I’m pretty patient with other things, but with Warhammer... I need that fix man!

Anyway, I REALLY want to know what the Kruleboyz’ army rules are, and if they have sub factions. I’m kinda tempted to paint mine with yellow shields and say they follow the Badmoon. 

I feel ya mate. I'm really looking forward to Kragnos and 3.0 in general. I'm most looking forward to how Destruction and more specifically how Ogors and Gargants are going to play a role in the narrative going forward and what their potential new models may be!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cronotekk said:

A Triple turn with enough command points? GW have make some silly rules in the past but this one would actively stop people playing the game and buying models. I'd love to see the source of as frankly i dont believe it. Any army that can generate enough CP to do it effectively wins the game. There is no coming back from a triple turn by an opponent and if it happens you may as well go have a cup of tea and watch TV or just start putting your models back in their case.

Just now, Laststand said:

A Triple turn with enough command points? GW have make some silly rules in the past but this one would actively stop people playing the game and buying models. I'd love to see the source of as frankly i dont believe it. Any army that can generate enough CP to do it effectively wins the game. There is no coming back from a triple turn by an opponent and if it happens you may as well go have a cup of tea and watch TV or just start putting your models back in their case.

You might want to read the rest of the post 😜

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Laststand said:

I think it was some guy called plasticpastramiwebrageguy.

I've not seen it myself but apparently he has insider sauces and they're spot on an don't contain any salt, just good wholesome honest never made up or lied to sauce. 

I think he also said that if teclis and either Allarielle or Malerion are in the same army, then can combine their magic to force another turn as an ability.. probably only in high point games though.  Doesn't work with Morathi, but then again she's only playing at being a god really.

👍

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

All cool stuff, but the fact that the rulewriters seem to believe that in AoS going second is worse than going first is always puzzling

I think it comes to encourage players to choose going second over a double turn.

• Like 1

Bit of a boost for monsters there.

If I’m reading right, the heroic leadership ability could let you pull in 4 command points on a round where you go second (one normally, one for a general, one for going second, one for successful heroic leadership).

Confirmation that unit champions will be able to use command abilities, as the AoS List Lab fellow said.

• Like 2