The Rumour Thread

Aaaw ye its looking good for slaanesh in 3rd, only one of the twins gets look out sir, the seekers loose their battalion, glutos looses his look out sir. When people rumoured that hedonites was written for 3.0 they never mentioned that they were "written to be bad in 3.0"

Only thing needed is to find out that hedonites were not pointed for 3.0 as some rumoured and faction gets another points bump in the handbook, slaangor to 180pts lets goooo. 

At least confirmed you dont have to shoot every model in unit, so we don't have to overkill a unit with blissbarbs (not that you really could)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MothmanDraws said:

Aaaw ye its looking good for slaanesh in 3rd, only one of the twins gets look out sir, the seekers loose their battalion, glutos looses his look out sir. When people rumoured that hedonites was written for 3.0 they never mentioned that they were "written to be bad in 3.0"

Only thing needed is to find out that hedonites were not pointed for 3.0 as some rumoured and faction gets another points bump in the handbook, slaangor to 180pts lets goooo. 

At least confirmed you dont have to shoot every model in unit, so we don't have to overkill a unit with blissbarbs (not that you really could)

You know, I get being disappointed in the Slaanesh battletome, but I think it's more constructive to move on and see the opportunities rather than focusing on everything that's bad (and not really unique to Slaanesh anyway - in fact, Synessa is unique as one of the only monsters to benefit from LoS) :)

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

am I the only one who doesn't want to see a GHB for 2021? Seems like it would be both a waste of GW resources and customer money for a book that 3.0 makes obsolete within... a month? 2?

Why would 3rd edition make it obsolete? It will be released along side AoS 3 with point updates, battleplans and diffrent ways to play. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

am I the only one who doesn't want to see a GHB for 2021? Seems like it would be both a waste of GW resources and customer money for a book that 3.0 makes obsolete within... a month? 2?

Why do you assume the GHB would be for 2nd edition?

The new edition will come out alongside a new GHB. The GHB 2021 will likely modify points to accommodate changes in 3rd.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Tuukuutuu said:

Where was that information ? Haven't seen that posted anywhere

Read somewhere, not sure when, but it was around last week reveals.

Edit: from reddit

RDT_20210602_2119325311897342774004049.jpg

Edited by Sete

5 minutes ago, Raviv said:

None of the predictions here proved to be right so far, so I wouldn't trust this too much.

None? He got a couple right, and this is from 18 days ago.

I tought the rumour would be more widespread, but I'll keep an eye put for new cities of sigmar stuff at least.

Edited by Sete

1 minute ago, Sete said:

Pretty sure he piggyback off the grimdark live rumor of the Hobgobblin like army of the time and that the only thing that is remotely correct ATM. 

until we see the rest of the SCE and Kruleboyz unit the rumor is still sus 

• Thanks 7

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

Pretty sure he piggyback off the grimdark live rumor of the Hobgobblin like army of the time and that the only thing that is remotely correct ATM. 

until we see the rest of the SCE and Kruleboyz unit the rumor is still sus 

Can you point me to the original rumour?

I'm still hoping for the 'sleeker dragon cavalry', but at this point I'm also ready to be disappointed.

Will be interesting to see what the 'Dawnbringer Crusades' are, and the terrain for the Stormcast that we've seen in the background of the videos. 

• LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, Sete said:

I tought the rumour would be more widespread, but I'll keep an eye put for new cities of sigmar stuff at least.

The Kruleboyz part is wrong as he army is not based modtly on wolfrider Hobgoblins, just a unit of Hobgrots and maybe a cavalry one as said by the other leaker that got the box right.

The Stormcast part is right only in the armor part and was already said by other before iirc,piggybacking some rumors(also considering the chamber structure was nearly obvious new units would not have been replacements)

The rest is just vague thing that probably will come as Malerion and new units for Orruks (and i don't think he meant Kruleboyz as it seems was due before the starter set then pushed back by Corona,a thing that ca'nt be proven even if warclans get new units in 3rd edition as is too vague and safe to say).

The only thing that's pretty specific and could be the "proof" is the duardin book imho or Felix thing (but i think is dubious),still considering the rest seems mostly made up.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The Kruleboyz part is wrong as he army is not based modtly on wolfrider Hobgoblins, just a unit of Hobgrots and maybe a cavalry one as said by the other leaker that got the box right.

The Stormcast part is right only in the armor part and was already said by other before iirc,piggybacking some rumors.

The rest is just vague thing that probably will come as Malerion and new units for Orruks (and i don't think he meant Kruleboyz as it seems was due before the starter set then pushed back by Corona,a thing that ca'nt be proven even if warclans get new units in 3rd edition as is too vague and safe to say).

The only thing that's pretty specific and could be the "proof" is the duardin book imho or Felix thing (but i think is dubious),still considering the rest seems mostly made up.

It's a rumour, I was told Orks 40k would have new ork boyz and a bike unit and they got new ork boyz and squig mounts. I'm trying to read between the lines.

Did the original rumours mentioned anything about Cities of Sigmar?

Edited by Sete

7 minutes ago, Sete said:

It's a rumour, I was told Orks 40k would have new ork boyz and a bike unit and they got new ork boyz and squig mounts. I'm trying to read between the lines.

Well that's more specific though.

Beast snagga boyz are not "standard boyz" but still boyz.

If it was the same as written with the aos ones it would have been something like "Orks will get new units in the 9th edition".

Considering the other rumors that got specifically the box name and the general aesthetoc was less vague .

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

1 minute ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Well that's more specific though.

Beast snagga boyz are not "standard boyz" but still boyz.

If it was the same as written with the aos ones it would have been something like "Orks will get new units in the 9th edition".

But technically not wrong xD

Rumours are like trying to find something in murky waters. 

Well cheers for the replies, I will keep digging for some more Cities of Sigmar stuff.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

that could be nice if rather CP intensive

Part of the rumor from AOS List Lab was that armies in 3.0 would generate CP similar to OBR Relentless Discipline Points. Generate a bunch at the beginning of the battle round (rather than just one at the beginning of each player turn). Players loose any CP they didn't use at the end of the round and roll to generate a new batch at the start of the next battle round. With OBR, you can reliably generate 5-7 RDP every turn, assuming you don't spike.

If true then this - coupled with the fact that the player chosen to go second would get bonus CPs - would make reaction Command abilities fairly practical.

• Like 3