The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Veillotron said:

Ben Johnson confirmed on Twitter that some Stormcast Eternals will have point adjustments in GH17. 

I'm sure it will be for the best, but I am a bit surprised given the recent release of the new Stormcast battletome.

A good reason to keep point values out of the Battletomes. 

• Like 6

I find this all a little mystifying. Age of sigmar is a huge game with hundreds of units, items and abilities. To effectively playtest this in the studio even with a hundred players playing round the clock would be impossible, so if they save the Stormcast points update for the ghb and the points turn out to be broken, then they have a whole year before the next fix. It is much better to put the points in the book, let the whole community play with it and make adjustments based on that for the ghb. I suspect the reason for the long gap between Kharadron and this book is to give time for the community to have some time with every currently available army and try to come up with as balanced a list of points as possible. It will be interesting to see if there are any tweaks to Kharadron points. I am sure there are some the community would like to see.

The aim for both AOS and 40k is to have games decided by good generalship on the table not just by choosing the most overpowered units and abilities. In an ideal world list building should be about tailoring a list to make the most fun for you to play with your playstyle and the most fun for your opponent to play against. If it takes five years of ghbs and constant point adjustments  to get there, then that is a price I am willing to pay. 

• Like 4

All of the arguments I've seen for keeping the points in the books exclusively don't address the advantages of an online living document for points. This is clearly the direction that is best, and it will help them focus more on what the books actually do well.

5 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

RumourEngine-Aug16gr.jpg

Oh I hope Festus! New Nurgle should be coming up, right? Right?!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Tomorrow is gencon. I will be enormously disappointed if no new faction will be revealed. And i'm not talking shadespire. 

Does GW have a presence @ Gencon? I know they are showing off stuff @ Nova Open, but I'd be stoked if they were showing shadespire sooner!

1 hour ago, Chillpill said:

Apparently £60 in the UK which is "only" $73 according to the price rumour link that was posted here?

We actually have seen the prices in USD. Don't try to use conversion rates with GW. Also, Bloodletters didn't need to be cheaper, god I hate daemons.

Just now, Sleboda said:

Put them in WD and free download on web until next ghb. They would also be in scrollbuilder.

Lol, why not just put them in the same publication you show the units off in..

Any alterations should be in white dwarf and on website for free download 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

I have to agree here. It's been far to long since I purchased aquillor and the rest of the vanguard. We need a giant vanguard turkey , stardrake style.

Throw an extra sprue with a saddle and rider into the Lord of Change kit, job's a good 'un. 

• Like 4