The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

60040299102_ENGKragnosBattletome02.jpg

Act 2: Chapter 4

I wanna cry very hard. :(

We did know :

‘You seek prophecy, wretch? You go to your death!’ he boomed. ‘The gate will shatter! The earth will tear! The sky shall eat the storm, and the serpent’s tide will rise! The Changer’s riddle is born anew by the splitting mirror of the Dark Prince!’

Seriously, I can't believe that the best miniatures brand, and the (maybe) most played fantasy wargame has such mistakes and issues with one of his star games. Very sad to read this things. I am now making a Slaanesh army and damn I didn't know such problems. And really maybe I don't care too much cause I like to collect armys, but I like to play and is obvious that 100% balanced never will be but such unbalances and nosenses named here... My next army is I wanna finish my Vampires that I own since 90's and damn so bad news...

Hope this new guys come with the "good" rules writer

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Just over 6 hours to the reveal of this Gargant/Troggoth/Ogor!!

I'm not sure if I'm more excited for a new Mancrusher model or an Ogor Gorger!! Regardless I like big lads and I cannot lie.

Me I'm just keen to see if the rumoured Stormcast drake-cav materialises...

• Like 2

To pass the Time until the Preview (and to Hype myself even more) I Updated the Speculation Board a last Time and wanted to include every Breadcrumb which we got and some speculations from the Community and myself. I am eagerly waiting to see the new Boyz and wanted to say that the last weeks were a lot of fun for me to read the discussions and speculations. I am not a native english speaker and kinda busy because of my studies so I lurk more but I am really glad I found this Community. So I wish you all a Splendid Evening with the Dominion Preview.

675281226_CONSPIRANCYWALL3.0.jpg.94a46996fccf316f273290918657ac7f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • LOVE IT! 4

6 minutes ago, RandyRyan said:

Me I'm just keen to see if the rumoured Stormcast drake-cav materialises...

It would be SO NICE to see cav on this box... I'm hyped about the new orcs but I wanna see those new dragons so much!!! will be very nice as I have stardrake and some dracolines and drakes. Come on GW!!! We wanna see dragons!!!! (even if it is with humans and no with elves.. )

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Im actually impressed how bad BR: Kragnos is overall. Its arguably the worst in the series. It feels very rushed and uninspired. I get that everything is pushed back and the release schedule is super messed up but still...wow.  

Do you mean the rules or the book overall? I think the Kroak change is good, the Sylvaneth update is good, the skaven stuff is good, the two endless spell hunters are good. Kragnos is fine except for the points. It's only really the Slaanesh minis and Kragnos's points that are poor. I can understand the disappointment people feel about the gloomspite stuff but putting all those rules in the same place was a sensible move. 

There are certainly other things that it would be good to have like a Kragnos allegiance and rules for the other destrucion factions but that doesn't make the book itself bad. 

All that said, I think the series has been pretty great so a merely decent book probably will end up being the worst. 

Edited by Chikout
Does anyone else always post a reply and then check it afterwards?
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Just over 6 hours to the reveal of this Gargant/Troggoth/Ogor!!

I'm not sure if I'm more excited for a new Mancrusher model or an Ogor Gorger!! Regardless I like big lads and I cannot lie.

Now that you mention Gorgers, a concept like that could go very well with cruel swamp greenskins.Pale,dirty and blood encrusted sickly ogors that hunts like a pack of rabid beasts.

Still hoping for a huge troggoth tho.

I'd like something like the big eared C20 trolls of the old citadel catalog (2nd image, third from the right) but with a bigger nose,it would be nice contrast to the dankhold,both getting clues from classical scandinavian trolls but different enough between them:

http://www.sodemons.com/rhtrolls2/04c20trolls2/index.htm

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

I'm kinda hoping the extra surprises might be glimpses as to what's coming for the edition beyond the launch box.. maybe a small sighting of new dwarf stuff..

But I'imagining the set itself should be a belter- maybe a man crusher, wolf cav.. troggoths possibly.. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Im actually impressed how bad BR: Kragnos is overall. Its arguably the worst in the series. It feels very rushed and uninspired. I get that everything is pushed back and the release schedule is super messed up but still...wow.  

Still seems better that the whole 40k psychich awakening campaign Lol.

While underperforming, considering  the other books, and being a wrap-up book, is not that bad.

Also summaries and review always have errors and left out parts that makes the story a whole better.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I'm kinda hoping the extra surprises might be glimpses as to what's coming for the edition beyond the launch box.. maybe a small sighting of new dwarf stuff..

But I'imagining the set itself should be a belter- maybe a man crusher, wolf cav.. troggoths possibly.. 

After Indomitus launched there were couple of easy to build kits for each faction. I think the most likely scenario is that we see something like that. I'd love a genuine surprise though. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Udalriki said:

To pass the Time until the Preview (and to Hype myself even more) I Updated the Speculation Board a last Time and wanted to include every Breadcrumb which we got and some speculations from the Community and myself. I am eagerly waiting to see the new Boyz and wanted to say that the last weeks were a lot of fun for me to read the discussions and speculations. I am not a native english speaker and kinda busy because of my studies so I lurk more but I am really glad I found this Community. So I wish you all a Splendid Evening with the Dominion Preview.

Mate your English is better than some native speakers I know!! And this board!? Mate you've done a ****** incredible job here I love it, well done this community is privileged to have you!!

20 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Now that you mention Gorgers, a concept like that could go very well with cruel swamp greenskins.Pale,dirty and blood encrusted sickly ogors that hunts like a pack of rabid beasts.

Still hoping for a huge troggoth tho.

I'd like something like the big eared C20 trolls of the old citadel catalog (2nd image, third from the right) but with a bigger nose,it would be nice contrasto to the dankhold,both getting clues from classical scandinavian trolls but different enough between them:

http://www.sodemons.com/rhtrolls2/04c20trolls2/index.htm

The Gorger has some incredible lore behind it as well, never satiated always hungry. They and the Yehtees are some models I cannot wait to see updated. 

13 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I was hyped but that glimpse of that large model and the 2 smaller but still large models next to it made me so damn excited. I love monsters and at the very least they are, so whatever they are I'm excited to see them.

3 minutes ago, Souleater said:

Really hoping  that we see mounted archers in Dominion. Classic Destruction theme, currently sorely missing.

Absolutely. Hopefully some mounted Wolf/Warg archers.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Udalriki said:

I get annoyed at the rumour engine type reveals, its not really my sort of thing, but this I totally love. 

Edited by RexHavoc
I English bad before lunch

38 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I think we will see a 'coming up ' teaser video.

Kind of like the new year preview.

• Like 2

So, the Indomitus box had 4 or 5 heroes for each side, a couple of battleline units, and then 2-3 elite, special, and/or "big" units.

I imagine Dominion will have roughly the same setup, allowing for the differences between the two systems. To my mind, that's good odds of us getting one drake unit with the Stormcast side (which I'm currently assuming is a 1 or 2 model unit.) Annihilators and Vindictors are a given, plus the three heroes silhouette teased in the countdown. I though Yndrasta was supposed to be in the box, though there's some uncertainty there.

For the other side, they've silhouette teased one hero, and we've potato-cammed what looks like another one. I think it's safe to assume that we'll get 2 units of their basic troops. it's whatever else is left that's really exciting!

• Like 1

I just had a quick look back at the 40k unboxing video. They showed the minis and the sprues, interviewed Jes Goodwin and some other people and showed off the easy to build kits at the end. There was no specific rules talk. I expect the AoS show to be similar. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hoseman said:

Seriously, I can't believe that the best miniatures brand, and the (maybe) most played fantasy wargame has such mistakes and issues with one of his star games. Very sad to read this things. I am now making a Slaanesh army and damn I didn't know such problems. And really maybe I don't care too much cause I like to collect armys, but I like to play and is obvious that 100% balanced never will be but such unbalances and nosenses named here... My next army is I wanna finish my Vampires that I own since 90's and damn so bad news...

Hope this new guys come with the "good" rules writer

I really hope they have decent rules, can’t handle another Dud faction release like SoB.

Deep in the city of Excelsis lie several wards sealed off on pain of death, areas forever blighted by Tzeentchian sorceries left in the wake of the traitor Ortam Vermyre's uprising. To deal with the magical creatures and haphazard spells that found their way out of these quarantined zones, the Order of Azyr was formed, with veteran witch hunter Galen ven Denst at its head.

Huh. But the titular Hanniver Toll was already a Witch Hunter for the Order of Azyr when that uprising happened? 

Edited by Clan's Cynic