The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm rubbish at art so apologies. I think the face looks like this with two leather flaps hanging down on either side of his helmet. The blue part is a horned  metal skull on his chest plate. The horn motif seems to be common. We saw it in the video too. Maybe it is a reference to Kragnos???sketch-1622213506073.png.dd08d93d799a88693607d345a2b6b83e.png

The mount has one the screaming/leering metal faces form the rumour engines on it as a belly guard for the rider..

Actually looking close the twins are even worse, initial rumour was synessa had all spells + infinite range on them. Turns out its only her warscroll and pavane of slaanesh inifnite range......

So she is a 1 cast wizard, all spells, no casting bonus, infinite range on 2 spells (not even the best ones). The only value she might have actually now is take her as tzeench ally so kairos knows her spells and can actually get them cast.

Edited by MothmanDraws

Saw an image on twitter indicating Skaven are getting some new stuff. You can now hide weapons teams other than Warp Grinders in Clanrat and Stormvermin units, and there's a bunch of new 'mount trait' style abilities for Clan Moulder mutations for Hell Pit Abominations and Rat Ogres.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, MothmanDraws said:

twins warscrolls leaked

Dexcessa

-run + charge or retreat + charge, 10 wounds 12"

-sceptre- 1 free command per turn, only to slaanesh daemons, and battleshock immune only for daemons

-2 attacks  (3" 4a 2+ 3+ -1 d2) and (1" 2 3+3+-2 d2) synessa only gets the 2nd attack

synessa

-9 wounds

-staff has shooting profile- pick a unit within 18", enemy rolls d6, if under their armour its d6 mortals, if over its d3, if you roll a 6 (slaanesh holy number) nothing happens

-can issue commands anywhere on board

-1 cast no bonus, knows every spell

-inbuilt spell - whisper of doubt, pick 1 enemy hero, roll 3d6, if over bravery get +1 to hit (its basically just a slightly different version of mortal spell, and arguably worse than what heralds get)

Dexcessa is the clear winner, Synessa looks like a complete joke! I want to know what they were smoking at GW for them to believe that the literal birth child of a chaos god can only cast a single spell, with no rerolls or bonuses, only to have an otherwise average shooting attack. Seriously, whatever they’re high on must be some good s***. This is worse than a keeper of secrets! 

Comparatively, Dexcessa had more attacks and the ability to apply one command ability for free to a Daemon Unit; lists with her in Lurid Haze that also take the Supreme Symberites battalion, in addition to the Rod of Misrule, is essentially going to give Slaanesh players infinite command points and a free CP on a Daemon Unit. She’s also quite mobile as well, being able to run and charge on a unit that is fast (12 inch movement) will make her pretty consistent; the ability to fly is also very strong. 

I personally feel that both Glutos and Sigvald are superior for army synergy and spell casting, and melee prowess respectively. If I were to take Dexcessa, I’d run her along a 6-man unit of Fiends or 30-girl unit of Daemonettes (maximize the immunity to battleshock) to give them free command ability benefits. I can see her replacing Sigvald in some lists, but for Lurid Haze He would probably be a better choice due to the deep strike potential. In other lists Dexcessa might actually be the superior option in a few circumstances. 

Edited by AngryPanda

16 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

Actually looking close the twins are even worse, initial rumour was synessa had all spells + infinite range on them. Turns out its only her warscroll and pavane of slaanesh inifnite range......

So she is a 1 cast wizard, all spells, no casting bonus, infinite range on 2 spells (not even the best ones). The only value she might have actually now is take her as tzeench ally so kairos knows her spells and can actually get them cast.

Kairos only knows the spells of the warscroll!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Quickest rumour ever solved? This looks like the brand we saw today to me

Well there was that time they released a rumor engine pic for a piece of terrain they'd already shown us, so.. maybe second quickest?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fred1245 said:

But then how do you 'build around him' then? If he has no synergy witb anything but still needs an army built around him to be worth his points, (which is what YOU said) but there's no way to actually do that, then he automatically isn't good.

Also, he's not really gonna kill anything. Most armies will put him down with shooting relatively easily, even with his 2+.

Get screening units and spells/ranged threats that will clear enemy units. Also make sure you can heal him or make him tougher to kill with a prismatic palisade and all that. - Build around him.

Edit: About the Slaanesh Twins they will really suffer even from very light shooting. How weak is Slaanesh when his offsprings are about as powerful as two Chaos Lords piggybacking. I‘d even argue that a KoS is stronger? 😂

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FFJump said:

I had said before that these new guys reminded me of old-school orcs from that last leak. Well, that guy on the mount looks REALLY old school. His hat looks similar to Nozgord in this picture but with the face shields from later models. I think this whole army had at least some inspiration from oldhammer orcs.

OLD School Orcs.png

Edit: Actually, I take it back. Looks even closer to this one.image.png.f58c472261e12c6b7792a6c371cac82c.png

Its totally Nozgrod in the vid. Another nostalgia trip. 

7 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Just noticed the face looks like a giant distended, toad-like mouth, and now I can't unseen. Like this dude's scro.tum neck covers the entirety of his torso. I went from hype to utterly zero.

20210528_145228.png

I realize this post is 7 hours old, but I'm just throwing in my "ten thousand hours in paint" rendition of what I think I'm seeing.

boss-face.png

Edited by GDD
English.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think with the Twins one thing we have to consider is price in points. Many of the other Gods are powerful models, but they can be very high costs, Nagash is up to almost 1K points. That's a huge powerful mage who costs half your army in a 2K game. The twins might not be as powerful, but they might be a lot lot cheaper. As a result they might actually see more table use in more varied armies rather than mandating that the army is built around them. 

It is odd to see a Wizard with such open spell access, but limited spell casting. I'd have thought at least 2 spells per turn casting for a mage who basically has the entire Slaanesh toolbox of spells at their disposal. 

That potato cam teaser has me very excited. With the little detail I can see it does have a Hobgoblin Energy and charisma. I think these will fill the void. Love the shield already and I can barely see it. 

Also, at risk of scratching this broken record even further....but I still, visually, aesthetically, thematically - can’t understand Kragnos. Love the Model, but he looks so odd amongst those Greenskins. It’s decisions like these that make me question their release and design choices. We already have a few Gods from the Pantheon as models. A massive Gorkamorka the size pf a Gargant but beefier would have had me collecting orcs yesterday.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Kronos said:

That potato cam teaser has me very excited. With the little detail I can see it does have a Hobgoblin Energy and charisma. I think these will fill the void. Love the shield already and I can barely see it. 

Also, at risk of scratching this broken record even further....but I still, visually, aesthetically, thematically - can’t understand Kragnos. Love the Model, but he looks so odd amongst those Greenskins. It’s decisions like these that make me question their release and design choices. We already have a few Gods from the Pantheon as models. A massive Gorkamorka the size pf a Gargant but beefier would have had me collecting orcs yesterday.  

looked at the article from today, still funny seeing him surrounded by greenskins
looks more like they are fighting him than being lead by him

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

I’m inclined to agree with you on the Kragnos stuff. Yeah, a Gorkamorka centrepiece seems like the obvious move, but it also feels so right. Even the non-greenskin Destruction races worship a facet of him, unless I’ve misunderstood? I can only assume there will be some new Destruction races coming that are so left-field, it wouldn’t make sense for Gorkamorka to represent them. If not, I’m increasingly feeling like Kragnos is a strange choice for Destruction...

I’ve been wondering if this new subfaction of Orruks is as much to expand the Orruk Warclans book as it is to unite it. Obviously they’re potato cam smudges right now, but I can kind of see the wildness of the Bonesplitterz meeting the forged iron of the... Ironjaws. It would be one way of uniting two closely-tied subfactions that otherwise feel quite disparate, while at the same time providing a broader range of unit choices/a ‘refresh’ to an existing Battletome.

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I’m inclined to agree with you on the Kragnos stuff. Yeah, a Gorkamorka centrepiece seems like the obvious move, but it also feels so right. Even the non-greenskin Destruction races worship a facet of him, unless I’ve misunderstood? I can only assume there will be some new Destruction races coming that are so left-field, it wouldn’t make sense for Gorkamorka to represent them. If not, I’m increasingly feeling like Kragnos is a strange choice for Destruction...

I’ve been wondering if this new subfaction of Orruks is as much to expand the Orruk Warclans book as it is to unite it. Obviously they’re potato cam smudges right now, but I can kind of see the wildness of the Bonesplitterz meeting the forged iron of the... Ironjaws. It would be one way of uniting two closely-tied subfactions that otherwise feel quite disparate, while at the same time providing a broader range of unit choices/a ‘refresh’ to an existing Battletome.

To build on that, if they do it right, the Dispossessed could do the same for the rumored Duardin soup book.

On a side not, has anyone noticed on the US site that almost the entire Cities range is out of stock?

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

I’m just going to use my rogue idol figure as a kragnos stand in for local games. Seems more appropriate for an earthquake god

• Like 3