The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I was talking with a mate of mine, who claimed he had seen a rumour that the boxset would include a single (1) chorf in some capacity...but as he didn't tell me where he had seen that rumour, this should be taken with a trolley's worth of salt and as a game of telephone. Still, a gal can dream!

Haven't heard that one. Not sure if I believe it as I don't see in what way. The only thing I could think of is some sort of taskmaster or if these hobgobs are supposed to be metallurgists as per the rumor, some sort of master blacksmith? Seems out of place though. I think it might be wishlisting or just a misinterpretation of the hobgobs unit, as much as I'd personally love to see it. Maybe the "kruel boyz" are kruel cause of the bad influence from Chaos Dwarfs? lol

13 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I can't believe it's really named Dominion! With every passing day, seems the Grimdark Live rumour thread is looking like 100% true!

I wonder though...the word 'dominion' evokes something more organised than a ramshackle force of morruks. Something colonising. I assume it refers to BOTH factions simultaneously. After all, Sigmar has ensured that forces of Order are spreading further and further, colonising areas thought lost and settling new cities. Thus, the question is: What makes these 'morruks' a dominion?

I know this goes into pure tinfoil/wishlisting, but I'd like to believe the hobgoblins aren't just trading with Chorfs, but there is some deeper connection with them.

I was talking with a mate of mine, who claimed he had seen a rumour that the boxset would include a single (1) chorf in some capacity...but as he didn't tell me where he had seen that rumour, this should be taken with a trolley's worth of salt and as a game of telephone. Still, a gal can dream!

Dominion is a bit generic i must admits,

guess its fighting for control of Ghur and get off my land type situation

14 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I wonder though...the word 'dominion' evokes something more organised than a ramshackle force of morruks. Something colonising. I assume it refers to BOTH factions simultaneously. After all, Sigmar has ensured that forces of Order are spreading further and further, colonising areas thought lost and settling new cities. Thus, the question is: What makes these 'morruks' a dominion?

The implications of dominion for stormcast is definitely something along those lines. Maybe for the morruks/kroolboyz it's supposed to imply something closer to blunt might-makes-right primacy, where they have power and control, dominion as something they hold. More like domination than dominion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Well, I'm getting used to that the new faction is not a new faction and they are a new subfaction of Orruk Warclans.

Or they just shares keywords and have somer sort of orruk specifical units that could be taken in Big Waagh.
It seems strange starting an edition with something new but fused in an old battletome.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I am just now realising how weirdly "lucky" I have been with limited edition things.
(At least on the Rest of EU section of the site) I have been able to order or get to the product page of any limited thing I wanted to buy/look at how long it'll last.
My strategy is just getting on the site around 10 minutes before pre-orders go up (usually around 11 here), get the URL from the Australian section, changing the "AU" from the URL to "EU", and then start refreshing like a madlass.
Works every time XD

Edited by Asbestress
Added clarification
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:Also we got other Hashut worshipping dwarves like the ones in the Iron Golems.

The iron golems thing isn’t a chaos dwarf- its a very short fyreslayer wearing a chamberpot on its head.

thats the scrap metal dealer you’re talking about.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

It seems wishlisting but i'd really love something for them,still does'nt feel right having 1 chaos dwarf in a boxset of Destruction vs Order....
Or maybe it's just a sort of marker like some weapon \ armor thing.

Yeah, I don't believe in it myself beyond some desperate cope to see my big hat boys again. And that cope is deep, man. I bought the Tamurkhan FW book as a poor student just so I could field my big hat Chorfs 'legally' (albeit as the then-FW minis)!

6 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Haven't heard that one. Not sure if I believe it as I don't see in what way. The only thing I could think of is some sort of taskmaster or if these hobgobs are supposed to be metallurgists as per the rumor, some sort of master blacksmith? Seems out of place though. I think it might be wishlisting or just a misinterpretation of the hobgobs unit, as much as I'd personally love to see it. Maybe the "kruel boyz" are kruel cause of the bad influence from Chaos Dwarfs? lol

Having quizzed him further he claimed it came from Honest Wargamer, but you're right, chances are it's a game of telephone based on the 'hobgoblins dealing with chaos dwarves' rumours. Well, unless it's true, that is - then I have ALWAYS believed in the rumour and demand compensation in form of 3 'Like' reacts from every doubter! 😜

2 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The implications of dominion for stormcast is definitely something along those lines. Maybe for the morruks/kroolboyz it's supposed to imply something closer to blunt might-makes-right primacy, where they have power and control, dominion as something they hold. More like domination than dominion.

That would be quite fitting! Although it would be interesting to see more systematic orruks, focusing more on enslaving others than pure destruction for destruction's sake (aka, closer to Hobgoblins of old - with or without chorfs!) I know it's a bit of a pipedream rather than something realistic.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rosa said:

36 potential mortal wounds before attacking?! Well…

I think that he will be a very charge dependent character, and we really need to emphasize the word potential. I assume it will be a case of the warscroll looking busted but between point cost and lacking certain synergies he will be used as an expensive beat stick and likely not see the most competitive play.

With all that in mind I really like the model and what we have learned about the surrounding lore and hope that he is functionally Destruction's answer to Gotrek. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

They can all do one.

skaven don’t count as they’re not proper chaos - khorne and daddy N said so, and like you say beasts got kragnos and all they need is marks.

me and the other 49 want our legion back as it was cooler than big hats, and I’d like the god of my namesake back.

Gitmas… make it so.

I haven't read the Kaleb Daark comics but wouldn't the S2D range be a decent base for a Malal Malice-aligned force already? Not that i wouldn't like to see a new dedicated range.... And who cares what K and especially N say? 😎

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Well, I'm getting used to that the new faction is not a new faction and they are a new subfaction of Orruk Warclans.

32 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Or they just shares keywords and have somer sort of orruk specifical units that could be taken in Big Waagh.
It seems strange starting an edition with something new but fused in an old battletome.

Judging from Whitefang's reactions to your two posts, it seems like our new greenskins ARE in fact a part of Warclans. Not sure how I feel about that personally; I've always felt a bit like Warclans is less a soup tome and more like two separate entrees where you pick one and can include some of the other but why would you because the flavor would be off.

But I'm also an Incredible Dingus.

Edited by Thalassic Monstrosity
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Judging from Whitefang's reactions to your two posts, it seems like our new greenskins ARE in fact a part of Warclans. Not sure how I feel about that personally; I've always felt a bit like Warclans is less a soup tome and more like two separate entrees where you pick one and can include some of the other but why would you because the flavor would be off.

But I'm also an Incredible Dingus.

I admit, i don't like the idea but judging by the reaction it will be so.
Probably i'm biased against cause seems  a bad idea to me, warclans already have too "much thing" a third faction could diminish the expansion of this new idea.
I'd hope we'll see also something about the three headed icon of the newsletter mail though.

1 hour ago, GutrotSpume said:

Apologies I didn’t intend to be condescending. I guess I’m just burned out from seeing people posting about going to order GW stuff an hour after it’s gone live and being shocked it’s sold out.

You never mentioned Cursed City in your post and what GW did with that is pretty poor and I do sympathise with people who thought they’d be fine ordering it at a later date only to be screwed over by them. Dominion will probably follow the same pattern of Indomitus and be gone within a few mins and then the next week they’ll have smaller versions of the box that will be a continuous product. 

Thanks man appreciate that. Although I’m against Limited ed stuff in the grander scheme (so much young sadness when I couldn’t attend a gamesdays and Forgeworld always released something super cool). When I see something limited ed it just makes a line around it that it unlikely I’ll get one, or I put in as much effort as I can into attaining. It worked for the Isstvann series all those years back. 

Really hoping you and all the others are correct about Dominion likely being a sell out but coming back in made to order or in other ordering format. If this isn’t the case, I may have to take an extended Sabbatical from the Hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Probably i'm biased against cause seems  a bad idea to me, warclans already have too "much thing" a third faction could diminish the expansion of this new idea.
I'd hope we'll see also something about the three headed icon of the newsletter mail though.

I just realized, they can't be part of Warclans because they aren't Orruks! The name of the tome is "Orruk Warclans"! Ha! Pack it up, GW!

If GW does the same thing they did with 40k, there will be the big Dominion box, but the rest will be available later. The only thing you'll miss out on will be the savings. Indomitus saved a lot of money over buying things individually, but all of the models are still available, there was nothing really 'limited' about it IIRC.

The interesting part to me will be the boxes that come out after the fact. With 40k, the new 'core starter set' has fewer models but more terrain. I wonder if we'll see that in AoS too? Stormcast and Gobbos and some terrain and a board to play on. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I guess its a wait and see because that would contradict the Grimdark live rumor which largely seem on point currently

• Like 3

Thing about these rumours is that they dont seem to pair up *at all* with the Grimm's fairytale nature of their reveal. They sound quite militarily capable, not creepy bog lurker child snatcher types. 

BUT I was at home seeing my parents for first time in over a year and going through some old minis, found my Ghazak Khan. Forgot I had even bought him. 

Anyways, it's a sign

Screenshot_20210523-230128_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 minutes ago, Nos said:

Thing about these rumours is that they dont seem to pair up *at all* with the Grimm's fairytale nature of their reveal. They sound quite militarily capable, not creepy bog lurker child snatcher types. 

BUT I was at home seeing my parents for first time in over a year and going through some old minis, found my Ghazak Khan. Forgot I had even bought him. 

Anyways, it's a sign

Screenshot_20210523-230128_Chrome.jpg

Glad its not just me who wondered why GW would go for 'sneaky bog monsters stealing humans at night' to tease 'the hoborruk khanate of creepy mutants' 

I'm guessing there is a second half of the reveal for saturday in which the red eyes jump out and kill everyone in a brutal kunnin way.

Either way, 

Looking forward to Saturday

Not looking forward to convincing the missus that to let me spend money

Man that Ghazak mini is really something. "Of its time" doesn't cover it, look at those eyes. Here's hoping that whatever happens with these new guys or the hobgoblins for the WHFB revival, they're at least a bit less of a racially-charged caricature.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

One thing I really hope for with AoS3: every Battletome release comes with a minimum of 3 new/updated plastic kits (not including Endless Spells or Faction Terrain).

A lot of the aos2 books felt quite lazy and rushed out with no models purely so everyone was on an ‘even playing field’ (oh the irony of how wrong that ended up being), the same happened to 40K in 8th edition and is still happening now in 9th edition so sadly it doesn’t look like that’s going to change anytime soon.

if Fyreslayers receive another book (United Duardin not included) with no new models (actual units) then I’m done with AoS because I will have lost all confidence in GW to release models where they’re actually needed and it will confirm that some armies may as well not have even existed in the first place 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

One thing I really hope for with AoS3: every Battletome release comes with a minimum of 3 new/updated plastic kits (not including Endless Spells or Faction Terrain).

A lot of the aos2 books felt quite lazy and rushed out with no models purely so everyone was on an ‘even playing field’ (oh the irony of how wrong that ended up being), the same happened to 40K in 8th edition and is still happening now in 9th edition so sadly it doesn’t look like that’s going to change anytime soon.

if Fyreslayers receive another book (United Duardin not included) with no new models (actual units) then I’m done with AoS because I will have lost all confidence in GW to release models where they’re actually needed and it will confirm that some armies may as well not have even existed in the first place 

I'm still holding to my theory that the four-year design-to-shop turnaround for new models means, with the early AoS ranges originally not planned to receive new models, we should be seeing new Fyreslayers/Ironjawz/Idoneth/Khorne (maybe) around 2022, accounting for Covid. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

Here's just a thought, but what if these Kruelboyz are given rules in Broken Realms: Kragnos? If they're being added to the Warclans range it'll be like the new Lumineth models that came out with BR: Teclis. After all, Kragnos goes up for preorder the same day the Dominion box is revealed. I know Dominion is the launch box for 3.0 but it would give us rules. I may be way off, of course, but it's a theory.

36 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

34 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm still holding to my theory that the four-year design-to-shop turnaround for new models means, with the early AoS ranges originally not planned to receive new models, we should be seeing new Fyreslayers/Ironjawz/Idoneth/Khorne (maybe) around 2022, accounting for Covid. 

I would be very disappointed and saddened for Fyreslayers, IDK, BOC and Skaven players if they recieve new books and no new models. That would be a great shame and a waste.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

i don't know about three, GW seems to just give you one hero model when a new edition army book comes out and that seems to be their minimum at best of times (looking at how they did 40K). outside if you get your chance of a big range update like Sister and Orks got.

32 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Here's just a thought, but what if these Kruelboyz are given rules in Broken Realms: Kragnos? If they're being added to the Warclans range it'll be like the new Lumineth models that came out with BR: Teclis. After all, Kragnos goes up for preorder the same day the Dominion box is revealed. I know Dominion is the launch box for 3.0 but it would give us rules. I may be way off, of course, but it's a theory.

Zero chance, we would have known if there was anything else in the book by now, GW usually release the rules and models at around the same time to their best of abilities

• Like 1