The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I was thinking the same thing, it was probably early enough in development to scrap it as it's own book and roll it into kragnos due to all the delays in their schedule, it would explain why they said all "major factions" would get stuff even though it definitely looks like there are a few left out (like khorne, skaven, and BoC). Its possible it was supposed to release with kurnothi as well and they got pushed back (but thats just speculation)

They might have been making the decision on how many books one year ago, hm... One year ago, I wonder what event from a year ago we are probably seeing the consequences of in action.

13 minutes ago, GutrotSpume said:

Getting these limited products isn’t rocket science. Set your alarm for a few mins before it goes live. Make sure your logged in to multiple websites that will stock it and your payment details are up to date. Spam refresh and grab one as soon as they go live. If you can’t be there because of work or other commitments get someone you trust to order one for you. Simples.

For some of us, what you have described is rocket science.  Fortunately, I'm happy to wait and just buy the models I want when they are released seperately.

2 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

They might have been making the decision on how many books one year ago, hm... One year ago, I wonder what event from a year ago we are probably seeing the consequences of in action.

OR, they just wanted one short story per day leading up to the preview, and decided to just reuse some art from the Realmgate Wars...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GutrotSpume said:

Getting these limited products isn’t rocket science. Set your alarm for a few mins before it goes live. Make sure your logged in to multiple websites that will stock it and your payment details are up to date. Spam refresh and grab one as soon as they go live. If you can’t be there because of work or other commitments get someone you trust to order one for you. Simples.

Except that GW can and have regularly oversold items, meaning you can do everything right and still miss out. In fact, they don't even bother to tell you when they've oversold, so you end up having to chase them and wait for a refund, meaning that those 'extras' people have picked up and offering out at cost, unless you've got money spare & know that yours isn't coming before they are all gone, you are doomed to be in the position to get one as if you had work/couldn't order it/website crash/whatever.

'Simples' it should be. GW make it anything but. There is no need to sell items like this when they are at the level there are at, other than them casing on the FOMO.

As for it getting a MTO, I honestly doubt it. AoS is no where near as big as 40k, it might sell well but its not the heavy hitter 40k is. They can do a MTO on the 40k one as they know they can shift any left overs, even long after the hype has died down.

Edited by RexHavoc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Drakensgreed said:

„The Drench“ sounds rather damp.

oh yea true, seems a little far from Excelsis but I supposed that's what the Waaagh is for!!

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Just to the lower right of this though are the Morruk Hills.

But yes hopefully Ogors get the lions share this Edition!!

i wasn't sure if that area + Excelsis would be considered part of Andtor, looks like it's all Thondia though ;)

34 minutes ago, GutrotSpume said:

So off the bat, your condescending explanation is entirely unneeded. 

The premise around my post is the hype that was generated for the box only for it to be a limited print. Expectation’s can be tempered knowing that the availability of an item is dependant on it’s limited availability. In this instance I can only recall that some items would be limited, like the key and badges as per this article. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/02/get-the-key-to-ulfenkarn-with-your-copy-of-warhammer-quest-cursed-city/

But not once did I see in any of the lead up articles, character focus articles, or live video events that the opportunity to buy the box was finite.

My grievance still remains the same, they should make it explicitly clear that item is being sold until stocks last, or X number have been produced. If I desperatley want one then yeah No Duh, I’mma wake up early to try get my hands on one.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Kragnos also has a +1 Bravery rule. Since these new units are designed with AoS 3.0 it could be that it becomes more important to have good bravery. 

If they removed inspiring presence it might be a thing. Currently battleshock phase has only little impact on the game. I can't recall one game in the last year on my side that I cared for battleshock phase.

With the name Dominion confirmed, along with the cauldron bit, this likely means the part about "Hobgobs" trading with Chaos Dwarfs is true as well. Really hoping Chorfs come next, since we just got a Death release, with an Order and destruction release on the way, we'd be due a Chaos release.

chaosdwarf.jpg

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Thane said:

With the name Dominion confirmed, along with the cauldron bit, this likely means the part about "Hobgobs" trading with Chaos Dwarfs is true as well. Really hoping Chorfs come next, since we just got a Death release, with an Order and destruction release on the way, we'd be due a Chaos release.

I would hope that skaven or beasts of chaos get something significant before making yet another new faction for chaos 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

I would hope that skaven or beasts of chaos get something significant before making yet another new faction for chaos 

I mean Chaos Dwarfs aren't new, and they've been stuck with an overpriced FW line that got discontinued recently. I get what you mean though. Chaos Dwarfs have always been my favorite faction so I'm hoping for them first, even though I'd love to see BoC and Skaven get updates. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

BoC got something.... Kragnos! Not their fault GW pushed him into destruction. 😂 But yeah, Chaos certainly doesn't need another faction outside of the ones they already have/had (like Chaos Dwarves.... or even Malal, for those 50 people out there).

Edit: the good news is that almost all factions had updates by now, so Skaven, Malerion, boC, CoS should sooner or later get something new or similar

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

Yep, same thought here.

it has been a few long years, since the skaven have had a amazing-good looking release.

Now lets just hope that we will have have had been having our time in the future.

Unless somebody has a time machine in which case I hope he had will have been able to release the skaven a bit earlier

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

So far all the “stuff” that the boglins may have traded for with “chaos dwarves” hasn’t shown that these dwarves are the forge masters they once were lol. Everything we’ve seen is ramshackle garbage

now that's something I could get behind! The Chaos duardin are back, they're mean, and... they're no good in a forge, but really great at selling junk to less cunning factions. The Hashut used-car-salesman-lords

Edited by Dawnmane
didn't know ****** was a swear word! I thought it was the same as rubbish
  • Haha 2

Boc and Skaven just needs mostly model line revamps with some lost units like centigors though.

I'd love for some skaven waves themed around the Eshin and Moulder clans, they were ignoreed to much.

Still as already said,Chaos dwarves were already a thing so it should'nt be called a new army if we count Azgorh Legion.

Also we got other Hashut worshipping dwarves like the ones in the Iron Golems.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

8 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

So far all the “stuff” that the boglins may have traded for with “chaos dwarves” hasn’t shown that these dwarves are the forge masters they once were lol. Everything we’ve seen is ramshackle garbage

"Oh yeah, totally, this is one of our finest weapons. It's supposed to look like that. Like garbage, I mean. It makes them underestimate you. Very dangerous."

"Fell apart? When you picked it up? That's the, uh... tactical auto-disassembly. It leaves shards of metal around for your enemies to step on. Gives them tetanus. Very dangerous."

"I know a sword breaking in half the first time it hits something might seem like a sign of poor quality, but it's supposed to do that. Leaves bits behind in the wound. Very dangerous."

"Yeah, they bought it, but you're going to have to get a new apprentice because I can't keep selling their junk. I know Zaltharr is family, but I'm trying to run a legitimate business here."

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

So off the bat, your condescending explanation is entirely unneeded. 

The premise around my post is the hype that was generated for the box only for it to be a limited print. Expectation’s can be tempered knowing that the availability of an item is dependant on it’s limited availability. In this instance I can only recall that some items would be limited, like the key and badges as per this article. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/02/get-the-key-to-ulfenkarn-with-your-copy-of-warhammer-quest-cursed-city/

But not once did I see in any of the lead up articles, character focus articles, or live video events that the opportunity to buy the box was finite.

My grievance still remains the same, they should make it explicitly clear that item is being sold until stocks last, or X number have been produced. If I desperatley want one then yeah No Duh, I’mma wake up early to try get my hands on one.

Apologies I didn’t intend to be condescending. I guess I’m just burned out from seeing people posting about going to order GW stuff an hour after it’s gone live and being shocked it’s sold out.

You never mentioned Cursed City in your post and what GW did with that is pretty poor and I do sympathise with people who thought they’d be fine ordering it at a later date only to be screwed over by them. Dominion will probably follow the same pattern of Indomitus and be gone within a few mins and then the next week they’ll have smaller versions of the box that will be a continuous product. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MitGas said:

BoC got something.... Kragnos! Not their fault GW pushed him into destruction. 😂 But yeah, Chaos certainly doesn't need another faction outside of the ones they already have/had (like Chaos Dwarves.... or even Malal, for those 50 people out there).

Edit: the good news is that almost all factions had updates by now, so Skaven, Malerion, boC, CoS should sooner or later get something new or similar

They can all do one.

skaven don’t count as they’re not proper chaos - khorne and daddy N said so, and like you say beasts got kragnos and all they need is marks.

me and the other 49 want our legion back as it was cooler than big hats, and I’d like the god of my namesake back.

Gitmas… make it so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can't believe it's really named Dominion! With every passing day, seems the Grimdark Live rumour thread is looking like 100% true!

I wonder though...the word 'dominion' evokes something more organised than a ramshackle force of morruks. Something colonising. I assume it refers to BOTH factions simultaneously. After all, Sigmar has ensured that forces of Order are spreading further and further, colonising areas thought lost and settling new cities. Thus, the question is: What makes these 'morruks' a dominion?

I know this goes into pure tinfoil/wishlisting, but I'd like to believe the hobgoblins aren't just trading with Chorfs, but there is some deeper connection with them.

I was talking with a mate of mine, who claimed he had seen a rumour that the boxset would include a single (1) chorf in some capacity...but as he didn't tell me where he had seen that rumour, this should be taken with a trolley's worth of salt and as a game of telephone. Still, a gal can dream!

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

In the Warcry novel about the Iron Golems, the protagonists (Iron Golems) visit a Chaos Dwarf forge for a shipment of armor they were supposed to receive. Run by a Chaos Dwarf and his Ogor slaves, its shown to be how the Iron Golems are mainly supplied. The Chaos Dwarf says that his race, which he refers to as the Furnace Kings, was once the greatest forge masters in the land and nearly ruled the realms but have since fallen from grace and forced to supply the forces of Chaos as a means to survival. He's shown to be extremely bitter about it too and full of contempt. So, actually, that does fit in with that lore that perhaps their technology is not at its peak anymore. That or maybe they just don't give the greenskins any of the good stuff cause they're just scamming them :P.

Also the forge has statues dedicated to Hashut indicating he's still worshipped.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bruteforce said:

Was really hoping for some boxed sets of destruction units with the new BR.

Same. Not that I need any more, buy I was really hoping we would have seen one for the ogres. as I'd have liked to stock up on a few more conversion parts before I really get stuck into painting them.

I'm glad I didn't invest emotionally as heavily into this campaign as I did with the Malign Portents, as it fizzled out about as much as I expected. No Skaven-Grot-dwarf BR book. No destruction BR sets. I do like the new models, but I think releasing so many big/expensive kits all in the same week is a bit much- but then I collect almost all armies so its my own fault.

I did say ages back that the one thing that would make me consider buying into 3rd Ed books would be new Grots or Chaos Dwarfs. So looks like I'm going to have to stretch my 'No new books after 2nd Ed ends' rule lol

2 hours ago, GutrotSpume said:

Ask people who've tried ordering a Siege of Terra LE, Sisters Battlebox or pre-MTO Indomitus and did all of that what they think and I don't think you'd like the answer.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I was talking with a mate of mine, who claimed he had seen a rumour that the boxset would include a single (1) chorf in some capacity...but as he didn't tell me where he had seen that rumour, this should be taken with a trolley's worth of salt and as a game of telephone. Still, a gal can dream!

It seems wishlisting but i'd really love something for them,still does'nt feel right having 1 chaos dwarf in a boxset of Destruction vs Order....
Or maybe it's just a sort of marker like some weapon \ armor thing.

@FFJumpIn Eight Lamentations they say that the furnace kings misused Grungni's teachings and so he casted them down with some punishment or something like that.
It makes more compelling this idea considering all the "still unknown" parts of Grungni story in the mortal realms.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1