The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

. simply it was acknowledging that there are fans that have a hard time separating their ideologies from the works they consume. This goes far beyond geek culture and is often seen in sports and business as well. 

I think it's safe to say that the problem are those clown though, not whatever they associate with. ;)

51 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Yowza, that's too bad, thanks for the insight - the quote still holds some merit though!

That axe looks brutal. Very cool design for an axe head.

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, zamerion said:

SundayPreview May23 BL Gods MonstersWeek

curious everqueen's book .. maybe they have joined 2 broken realms in one?

I was thinking the same thing, it was probably early enough in development to scrap it as it's own book and roll it into kragnos due to all the delays in their schedule, it would explain why they said all "major factions" would get stuff even though it definitely looks like there are a few left out (like khorne, skaven, and BoC). Its possible it was supposed to release with kurnothi as well and they got pushed back (but thats just speculation)

40 minutes ago, rosa said:

36 potential mortal wounds before attacking?! Well…

Its destruction, so its probably:

When this model makes a charge move roll dice equal to the unmodified charge roll, for each 6+ deal d3 mortal wounds

So if you roll a nat 12 on the charge, and 12 6s, and then 12 5s or 6s you can do 36 mortal wounds!!!!

In all seriousness though the real rule is probably exactly that but on a 5+

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

So glad BR Kragnos is finally coming and Dominion confirmed!! Next weekend is going to be insane!!

As Nagash licks his wounds, the forces of order tear themselves apart and chaos is trapped in a war of attrition with an ancient undead general... it is now time for destruction to take the centre stage. I have a feeling that this will be @KingBrodd's edition... 😇

As someone who is slow to getting around to painting hopefully my Ogres will see the field before 3.0 is over 😅

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

As Nagash licks his wounds, the forces of order tear themselves apart and chaos is trapped in a war of attrition with an ancient undead general... it is now time for destruction to take the centre stage. I have a feeling that this will be @KingBrodd's edition... 😇

As someone who is slow to getting around to painting hopefully my Ogres will see the field before 3.0 is over 😅

Mate I am so hyped!! Because Destruction is such a small Alliance with only 4 Factions, I'm hoping that at least Ogors will have massive relaunch this Edition and another kit for the Sons.

• LOVE IT! 1

57 minutes ago, elfhead said:

The new rumor engines show a lot of angular shapes. The axe, the hook and the pommel of the club/grenade alle have this design cue. The great thing about new armies is they are designed so cohesively.

The nails on the haft of the axe are a recurring motif in a bunch of older rumor engines too.

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate I am so hyped!! Because Destruction is such a small Alliance with only 4 Factions, I'm hoping that at least Ogors will have massive relaunch this Edition and another kit for the Sons.

As an avid BCR/Gnoblar fan I only want Kragnos, Yetis and a Gnoblar hero... I feel that will give me enough variety to make some alt lists and keep things fresh while sticking to a theme. Although, I would probably grab some Firebellies if they expanded that side of things. I am also hoping for some roaming monsters and to get my hands on a wild dragon to wreak havoc on the battlefield. 

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm not too bothered bothered about animated space marines, but I am super excited about the new AoS models (esp the twins, of course)

I can't wait to see what you do with those models. I am happy that some of my favourite posters are getting some awesome releases... meanwhile I am battling with the thought of starting a third army and caught between waiting for Malerion and Tyrion or jumping on board with the new SCE when they drop...

• Like 1

"Warsong Revenants are consummate all-rounders who make fantastic additions to all Sylvaneth armies. As well as possessing the ability to enhance the Bravery of friendly units while reducing that of your enemies "

Just when you expect a strong support for the army that is considered the weakest you get a guy who buffs bravery. Not to hit, to wound, to save but a +1 to bravery. That will for sure help Sylvaneth jump on top of the ladder.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

This Dominion box I keep hearing of -

Will it be available to the Everyday-Joe Collector like me? Or will it be advertised and hyped up by the GW gang with weeks of articles and preview events but make the production run limited?

I like the look of these Goblins if they look like the video, but I feel GW’d out as of late. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

Will it be available to the Everyday-Joe Collector like me? Or will it be advertised and hyped up by the GW gang with weeks of articles and preview events but make the production run limited?

I like the look of these Goblins if they look like the video, but I feel GW’d out as of late. 

Going by its nearest parallel, the 9th edition indomitus box from last year, it will sell out instantly, however they will produce a print on demand option to order a second wave to make sure everyone who wants one can get one.

These kind of edition boxes are their big showcase for each year, and so they rely on being able to produce and sell as much as demand requires

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

"Warsong Revenants are consummate all-rounders who make fantastic additions to all Sylvaneth armies. As well as possessing the ability to enhance the Bravery of friendly units while reducing that of your enemies "

Just when you expect a strong support for the army that is considered the weakest you get a guy who buffs bravery. Not to hit, to wound, to save but a +1 to bravery. That will for sure help Sylvaneth jump on top of the ladder.

Kragnos also has a +1 Bravery rule. Since these new units are designed with AoS 3.0 it could be that it becomes more important to have good bravery. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kronos said:

It will probably be like Indomitus (e.g.: it sells out in like 15 minutes)
IF they will make it Made to Order, I'm not sure. It is a possibility, and a highly probable one at that, but we'll have to wait.
Imo it will probably depend on how popular it is, so it will probably go Made to Order.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

As an avid BCR/Gnoblar fan I only want Kragnos, Yetis and a Gnoblar hero... I feel that will give me enough variety to make some alt lists and keep things fresh while sticking to a theme. Although, I would probably grab some Firebellies if they expanded that side of things. I am also hoping for some roaming monsters and to get my hands on a wild dragon to wreak havoc on the battlefield. 

I can't wait to see what you do with those models. I am happy that some of my favourite posters are getting some awesome releases... meanwhile I am battling with the thought of starting a third army and caught between waiting for Malerion and Tyrion or jumping on board with the new SCE when they drop...

The Yehtees are some of the models in most dire need of an update for the Mawtribes. I could very well see them doing a dual kit for the Yehtee and Gorgers and I would buy buckets of them!!

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

Edited

Edited by GutrotSpume
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I think it's safe to say that the problem are those clown though, not whatever they associate with. ;)

Yowza, that's too bad, thanks for the insight - the quote still holds some merit though!

That axe looks brutal. Very cool design for an axe head.

I do think the original quote holds water: "when — or if — fascism comes in all America she will come so prettily costumed in red, white and blue as to be practically indistinguishable from a music hall’s Fourth of July performance ‘Rockette,’ than which nothing could look more charmingly, happily, uniformly american."

I don't mind having a fascist Imperium, I object to portraying them more and more as the good guys, which is what's been happening.

Back to rumours:

Cool Krool axe!

I also really like the beastlike continents on Ghur attackinv one another. That's not news, but it bears repeating.

The Mortal Realms as setting for series or movies is interesting, but very hard to pull off or get people onboard with. A Planescape production would be easier, but already a nightmare.

As setting for games, however, it's very interesting. Though it is quite asset intensive, a Deep Rock Galactic- like where you are a group of Kharadron mining Aether gold in all the realms, or a lodge of Fyreslayers fighting all across the realms to get their Ur-gold sounds interesting. Maybe even a team of Disposessed seeking everywhere for traces of their gods!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2