The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I hope people aren't trying to judge the aesthetics of an entire miniature range based on two frames from a CG animation.

Nah, nobody would do that.

It's more the race itself that's disappointing, since unless all of them are individually very varied that much will change between them. Like I said, I'm sure the models will still be good, I'd just have preferred something that wasn't Half-Orc/Half-Goblin.

• Confused 1

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

It's more the race itself that's disappointing, since unless all of them are individually very varied that much will change between them. Like I said, I'm sure the models will still be good, I'd just have preferred something that wasn't Half-Orc/Half-Goblin.

The main rumor was "taller than goblins and shorter than orcs". Half orc/Half goblin is just exactly what I had in mind.

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Skinny?

Was talking about armor, weapons, war machines, monster, flyers, cavalry, etc... 😞

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I hope people aren't trying to judge the aesthetics of an entire miniature range based on two frames from a CG animation.

Nah, nobody would do that.

Well the animation can be judged and is gorgeous XD.

Still while "puzzling" is an interesting appetizer for the reveal, i hope the week passes quick.

• Like 1

I'm pretty happy with the short glimpse of our new green friends that we received today. 

As a staunch follower of our seer @Whitefang I've been expecting something similar to this. Just like the rumors said we're getting greenskins between an orc and a gobbo, with crude spikey gear, and look similar to Tolkien orcs.

I feel kinda bad for my fellow Fimir lovers who were convinced we'd be getting some attention, or those who convinced themselves it was skaven or beastmen.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pitzok said:

don't know what you're going on about

I'm pretty certain he means the shield in question has a face on it like the metal faces in the email banner image, the totems on Kragnos' base, and the rumor engine pic. I think if you're expecting we're getting steppe hobgoblins you're going to be disappointed. 

Here's another pic: (I feel like the spikes and tassel are more inline with his head than his back)

NewGreen.JPG.71647f9f644ab15a630d6e5aba72b558.JPG

Edited by Shearl
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shearl said:

I'm pretty certain he means the shield in question has a face on it like the metal faces in the email banner image, the totems on Kragnos' base, and the rumor engine pic. I think if you're expect we're getting steppe hobgoblins you're going to be disappointed. 

OH SNAP YOU'RE RIGHT I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT

that does make me bit more interested in this faction as i'm not a fan of steppe hobgoblins ngl, but i still don't know about that headdress 

• Like 1

Ok. Maybe they are skinny, but we could know that... 

I'm curious about the army. If this is something like skaven or kharadron with a lot of artifacts and crazy engines like the doomwheel, gunhauler, the old boltthrowers or goblin catapults, guns and pistols.. it would be a different and very cool army. We need crazy armored goblinorks!!

56 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

I'm genuinely confused at who at GW thought that Warhammer might be able to support an entire streaming platform when they're competiting against competitors like Amazon or Netflix or Disney

They look alright - but I'd be very surprised if this turns out a profitable venture when most of us are already forking out for streaming services and, if we're not, 'lending' someone elses... 

Yeah I am on the same page with you here, it looks like a lot of time and love went into this project but I will probably now watch a single one. I doubt even something tailored to my specific hobby or lore interests would change that, but still a neat idea. I also do not really think that the style of animation in any of these projects really match my personal tastes, even though some are pretty nice. 

Still I was really happy to see AOS getting some love, even if it was a rather minor visual presence within the preview. In summation, I am happy about the project and for the fans but I am not likely to follow it directly. This is coming from a person who studied animation and the industry for years. 

Edited by Neverchosen

1 hour ago, Jeremierty said:

Kruel boy spotted ?? :)

The stromcast definitely looks like part of the new wave (and he looks awesooooome ❤️ )

Really loving the art style of this AOS animation !

Screenshot_2021-05-22-19-21-30-663_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-22-19-20-32-743_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

41 minutes ago, pitzok said:

image.png.f54778595592c0fd4b90798405afa7a3.png

here's our new guy in better quality, ngl not a fan really

edit: here's a 2nd one btw

image.png.0cfb82819d9f16b79aa11b1346a244ef.png

37 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Agreed. I don't think "a race between an Orc and Goblin" were exactly being clamoured for, at least outside of a Chaos Dwarf army anyway.

I'm sure the models will look good, but if that's what we're getting... ehh, I'd have preferred Flmir.

23 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

These seem to be our "hobgoblins".

They're orruks, goblins have big ears and pointed noses, old hobgoblins had big bulbous noses and big "elf" ears, orruks have smushed up noses and small "elf" ears. Both of these guys have orruk faces, they're just leaner than current aos orruks, which isn't that surprising considering how jacked ironjawz and bonesplitterz are.

I kind of guessed our leaker wasn't a greenskin connoiseur when they said hobgoblins since the faces/heads are so distinct.

Edited by Ganigumo
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, pitzok said:

스크린 샷 중 하나를 자르고 있는데 여기에서 확실히 늑대 모양의 생물을 확인할 수 있다는 것을 알았습니다.

image.png.04e70fc62c392d156d70d07a72846138.png

It holds a huge shield. It's a new model called 'Annihilator' as it charges towards distraction from SEC direction.

zzmblpcnkxx61.png

I'd say i'm not much fan of the nose though.

Seems strange,not enough orky but completely different from grots,too "flat".

Still it does remind me those orcs of the 5th edition(see pic) in plastic that had a similar face, so i think they're not the hobgoblins.

IMG-8151.JPG

Perhaps "lesser orruks" and not "big goblins" like the hobgoblins?

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 3