The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

There's an old adage about superheroes in comic book art: the men look like athletes and the women look like super models.  It's an annoying trend that's continued for ages.

I mean why wouldn't Super heroes look like Athletes? They are modern mythology like Hercules and Achilles and in the same vein as the greeks you wanna depict the height of human physical achievement. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SeanMaguire1991 said:

I mean why wouldn't Super heroes look like Athletes? They are modern mythology like Hercules and Achilles and in the same vein as the greeks you wanna depict the height of human physical achievement. 

Well the issue isn't that the superheroes looked like athletes. The issue is that female superheroes do not.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Well the issue isn't that the superheroes looked like athletes. The issue is that female superheroes do not.

Type female athlete into google and hit search, then go to pics... most of the results look more like female superheroes physically than huge, heavily-muscled women or something that looks less like the comic stereotype. They usually have smaller busts and butts and their midsection is not as thin, but that‘s stylization/preference... typical male athlete looks more like Spidey too than all the insanely muscled ones. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It‘s okay to want less generic models (one of my favorites was the fat sister leader from mordheim) but people are actively attacking an art style now to chant some kind of misogyny into existence (the male superheroes are also perfect specimens... noone complains there) because most female minis are „beautiful“. When it‘s programmed into our genes to seek beauty... more people will be drawn to minis depicting good-looking people. 

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

cool Neferata story in the white dwarf, She talks to Katakros trying to get Olynder in trouble for fighting alongside Be'lakor.

Also Nagash makes an appearance commending Neferata on staying loyal and wanting revenge on Teclis while he's reforming.

Also Nagash speaks in all bold caps and I love it lol.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Do they? The overwhelming majority of content creators seem to play it almost as positive as possible so they'll be noticed and receive freebies from GW.

Most of the time I feel the Warhammer community is rather chill compared to other groups, such as some the gaming and sports communities at large. When there’s a controversy, it’s usually discussed in a healthy manner and very rarely reaches any extremes. I believe the points that 2+ Tough made are legitimate, and didn’t cry wolf. By content creators going overboard, I’m referring to other communities that tend to take things too far, and often causing more damage then good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Type female athlete into google and hit search, then go to pics... most of the results look more like female superheroes physically than huge, heavily-muscled women or something that looks less like the comic stereotype.

I don't think we're on the same page here or maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I don't really want to get the Rumor thread off-track.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nagash42 said:

Also Nagash speaks in all bold caps and I love it lol.  

I LIKE IT WHEN AOS DOES COMEDY.

Calling it now: he started doing this because that's how the keywords are written, and NAGASH IS ALL

Edited by zilberfrid

I'm thinking that these new kroolboyz will have some "fairytale" vibe like gloomspite though, mostly seeing the cauldron.

Witch huts in swamp style.

Also i don't  agree with people that say the current destruction armies are goofy and not evil/cruel.

In the novel about skarsnik the dark goblins are mentioned doing horrible things to captives,there's even an unsettling piece about torturing a kid or something like that(and moonclan are still the same).

Still  probably these new ones will have more "aesthetic" elements to convey that.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

49 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I don’t think so as that will be next week. Today is all animation and next week is 3rd edition 😉

Yeah, but a video to create even more hype a week after showing the new box would be great hahaha

looking forward to seeing these new orcs, especially their faces :(

42 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Yeah, but a video to create even more hype a week after showing the new box would be great hahaha

Maybe tomorrow in the week preview? They seem to be doing okay with hype with the daily rumour images. I think we are just all eager for it

3 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Also i don't  agree with people that say the current destruction armies are goofy and not evil/cruel.

In the novel about skarsnik the dark goblins are mentioned doing horrible things to captives,there's even an unsettling piece about torturing a kid or something like that(and moonclan are still the same).

Yep, the Warhammer greenskins (regardless of system) have a lot of cruel and violent tendencies. We just ignore it because they are also portrayed as silly at times. The Gloomspite novel has some gross things, including Skragrott slowly torturing someone for information.

With the cauldron confirmed like the rumors it seems to almost guarantee it's Morruks and Hobgobs. I wonder where they will fit since Hobgobs probably don't belong to gloomspite, and Orruk War Clans is all about Orruks. It might be odd if they start taking Hobgobs and Snotlings. Their own book for all the weird and cruel lads?

19 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Bets on Kragnos Preorder announced tomorrow?

Its that or sisters but I think kragnos is more likely myself. They want to get that book out before getting into the details of 3e, there's probably a huge narrative shakeup at the end

44 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Bets on Kragnos Preorder announced tomorrow?

That's my thinking. 

Pre order goes live next Saturday and the reveal of the box set and destruction faction which will then give a 6 week lead time into 3rd edition. 

• Like 1