The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

흥미로울 텐데 칼손이 라두 카르의 작은 수행원 중 한 사람의 것이라는 이론을 들었습니다. 성배를 들고 있지 않은 사람.

That friend's swrod has a hand guard, not a cross guard.

512551.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aidrox said:

I think the model looks really cool bar the giant horn growing out of them (never been a fan of that particular chaos attribute). I'm really happy anytime we get more female models. 

Just wondered. Is there any female orruks or grots? And can we expect any gender diversity in the new 3.0 destruction army/units?

I'm aware there's a troggoth hag so not sure if it's out of the question.

As other have stated Greenskins are some sort of fungus lifeform that doesn't have gender, so its unlikely we'll see anything out of the new army (since they seem to be a greenskin variant)
Female ogors do exist but they've only ever had a passing mention in lore, I wouldn't be surprised to see some if/when we do get an updated line, most of the gutbuster line dates back to 6th edition.
I'm not sure about Gargant reproduction but I think female gargants should exist? The entire range is only 2 kits although if we get new ones it would be cool. New mancrusher (or mancrusher sized) kit would be perfect since you could do one male and one female, or a female Mega Gargant with it's own variants to add diversity to the army (or both, both would be good)

I love the more realistic, grizzled look they've been giving female warriors recently

When you think about it, war is incredibly violent. I always would have thought male warriors would look like rugby players with more scars. There's no reason to believe female warriors would look any different.

Totally side note, but I was really interested in a viking-themed game a while ago, but it was being developed by a Korean studio. While all the men looked like hard-bitten viking veterans, all the female (supposedly shield maiden) characters looked like glamour models. I found it utterly jarring. 

Female warriors should look tough enough to be able to kill a man a lot bigger than them, and hard enough to not give a ****** about it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, pitzok said:

i actually think this is the most attractive female face sculpt they've done in a while, she doesn't have to be feminine to be badass and pretty at the same time 

Back in my day a chaos warrior never took their helmet off.

standards slipping since 8 points crossroads motel became a thing…  terrible business..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Totally side note, but I was really interested in a viking-themed game a while ago, but it was being developed by a Korean studio. While all the men looked like hard-bitten viking veterans, all the female (supposedly shield maiden) characters looked like glamour models. I found it utterly jarring. 

Female warriors should look tough enough to be able to kill a man a lot bigger than them, and hard enough to not give a ****** about it.

There's an old adage about superheroes in comic book art: the men look like athletes and the women look like super models.  It's an annoying trend that's continued for ages.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Loving the confidence in believing that Cursed City has a future

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the sword is for this model:

Captura.PNG.7449939fd43709d7bfe55bbfe6cc9817.PNG

Another point is if I think if Cursed City is dead or alive, and I'm pretty sure that Cursed City has not future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Another point is if I think if Cursed City is dead or alive, and I'm pretty sure that Cursed City has not future.

That guy in the picture is on of the Bloodborn pre-transformation, like the other characters in that image. See the dude on the left, with the same hair and sword hilt.

The sword in the rumor engine is different.

wp5dvrpccni61.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

As other have stated Greenskins are some sort of fungus lifeform that doesn't have gender, so its unlikely we'll see anything out of the new army (since they seem to be a greenskin variant)
Female ogors do exist but they've only ever had a passing mention in lore, I wouldn't be surprised to see some if/when we do get an updated line, most of the gutbuster line dates back to 6th edition.
I'm not sure about Gargant reproduction but I think female gargants should exist? The entire range is only 2 kits although if we get new ones it would be cool. New mancrusher (or mancrusher sized) kit would be perfect since you could do one male and one female, or a female Mega Gargant with it's own variants to add diversity to the army (or both, both would be good)

There are female Gargants. In the Sons of Behemat Battletome it is mentioned that they are a matriarchal society with their stories passed down through these female Gargants. I would love nothing more than if the next Mega Gargant kit is a female Shaman/Leader kit.

I would also love more Female Ogors outside of Bloodbowl. The Gutbuster, Irongut and Leadbelcher kits need updating and to have 2 or 3 female Ogors in a unit amongst those would be awesome!!

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Wasn’t he this guy? The art was the various leaders of the undead in Cursed City wasn’t it?

69DA08BE-DCB8-423E-8D8D-256381D0F8EC.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

There's an old adage about superheroes in comic book art: the men look like athletes and the women look like super models.  It's an annoying trend that's continued for ages.

There are a few reasons why this was the case:

1. Drawing/sculpting intentionally average/unattractive looking characters can be tough, as artists often need to fight their urge to make it look good.
  2. People are naturally drawn to attractive characters 
  3. Superheroes represent something we are supposed to strive for, they are supposed to be inspiring and exhibit the best of humanity, essentially being idealized humans, and being fit and attractive is part of that.
  4. This was something present even in ancient Greek sculptures so its far older than just comics

That said I've never actually been that fond of the way western comics depicts it's characters anyways, to me they've always looked almost like caricatures of what a fit/attractive person is supposed to look like. 

Luckily warhammer doesn't depict only "superhero-esque" characters, so there's room for all types of people, sure some factions like elves and stormcast will favor models with more idealized appearances, but others like Slaves to darkness and cities of sigmar (if they ever get a proper update) favor a more realistic/gritty style. 

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

There are female Gargants. In the Sons of Behemat Battletome it is mentioned that they are a matriarchal society with their stories passed down through these female Gargants. I would love nothing more than if the next Mega Gargant kit is a female Shaman/Leader kit.

The dream is alive!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Female Gargants/Megagargants exist, their tribes have women who keep track of their culture and history. I don't know if they will ever get a kit, but it would be a cool choice for a wizard for the faction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

In main setting Greenskinz don’t have genders

But in bizarre parallel world such as bloodbowl female orc is a thing

They are called “The Waaaghs (Wifes AAAnd GHerlfriendS)“ and generally larger and stronger than male orcs

I used The Waaaghs for some Anvil of Apotheosis characters, great models honestly

PXL_20210521_205605897~2.jpg

Edited by Grim Beasties
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I will beg GW for female Dwarf models until they day I die at this rate.  

Where's my badass Runemothers or Female Admiral? 

There's dozens of us, DOZENS! But for real, I'm really happy GW has started making more female models, not just for representation's sake but because everyone should have their personal power fantasy represented (and I know these female Chaos minis have been welcome to many!) and give everyone something to identify with. It's just that my personal power fantasy is to be a grudging dwarfess and nothing would open my wallet as wide as fast as that. So, I shall join you in begging for those miniatures with dwarven stubbornness!

4 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I kind of hope for Borri Kraglan to get the Gardus treatment, or a promotional thing alongside the next KO novel.

THIS! Borri Kraglan has genuinely been one of my favourite AoS-unique characters! I so wish there'd exist a mini of her, so I can have her lead a bunch of duardin on reckless High adventure!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, NicholasFlamelGames said:

That is nice for you. I am sorry you can't **** off to your feminine miniatures anymore but she is a badass chaos warrior. I am not sure if being "feminine" is her number one priority 😂

fully agree she looks amazing but GW making Lelith into a hobbit feet monstrosity is another thing. (I am not Quentin Tarantino and I still have strong objections about that sculpt)  

50 minutes ago, CDM said:

477529878_Screenshot_20210521-230839_GooglePlayBooks.jpg.f4a140bf32040c9e50080f253bebf971.jpg

On 5/5/2021 at 3:49 PM, FFJump said:

Tilean Stormcast Dogs of War confirmed :D

On 5/5/2021 at 6:00 PM, Whitefang said:

I am totally for a Dow Stormcast!

But is Sigmar ever familiar with that land?

I swear I wasn't being serious nor did I think that conversation would go anywhere.

Also I know I'm completely biased, so it may just be my love for them, but I just can't see this picture as anything other than a hobgoblin-like hand holding a grenade. But what race do we know of that makes explosives and is known to have an association with greenskins of a certain type? Hmm...

Hobgob.PNG

Just on the whole “everything in the same book” thing- they could act like smaller grand alliances, which would let GW add new types to that class/race  without over producing battle tomes. So you could get new clans of green skins as well as  new models for existing factions. Could have an alliance of Life with Sylvaneth, Kurnothi and wanderers plus what ever else they dream up. Dwarf nations could work adding additional types exploring Valaya faction or the miners and rangers etc. So you could run pure lists or mixed with limits   (A bit like Cities of Sigmar) . Bigger books and more models sounds alright (although I do love my independent Kharadron.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

My apologies for the long response time, it’s been a hectic week. I agree with you, content creators tend to go overboard with certain criticisms, and don’t take into consideration the impact they have on the community at large. 

Do they? The overwhelming majority of content creators seem to play it almost as positive as possible so they'll be noticed and receive freebies from GW.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, silverstu said:

Just on the whole “everything in the same book” thing- they could act like smaller grand alliances, which would let GW add new types to that class/race  without over producing battle tomes. So you could get new clans of green skins as well as  new models for existing factions. Could have an alliance of Life with Sylvaneth, Kurnothi and wanderers plus what ever else they dream up. Dwarf nations could work adding additional types exploring Valaya faction or the miners and rangers etc. So you could run pure lists or mixed with limits   (A bit like Cities of Sigmar) . Bigger books and more models sounds alright (although I do love my independent Kharadron.. 

the thing is GW wants to sell more not less book, since they really like books.

also we would have less Special dices and warscroll cards that their customer love to buy 

I've got to say though, people being surprised that chaos isn't a bunch of lookers and easy on the eyes is kind of amusing to me. I mean, have you looked at chaos warriors? Fellas aren't popping up on the cover of GQ no matter how many times Archaon blows the world up.
Might be more accurate to say, there is a reason the helmet stays on no matter what.

Edited by Indecisive
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2