The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

This is why I wanted the swamp teaser to be about new Outcasts - I love dryads, tree-people and especially the disaster murder tree that rhymes with "Blycha Lamabreath", but I have enough self-respe-- I mean, Duardin in me to collect an army lead by a knife-ear! She may be a tall knife-ear, she may be riding a giant beetle, but dangit, Alarielle's still a knife-ear!

As for Duardin soup: Honestly, anything but ideal, but if we'd get more Dispossessed or - Valaya be praised - female Duardin (for real, why are Aelves and Humans the races to get more equal representation? Duardin deserve that too!), I'd be a happy camper.

Femal duardin will come. There was two female kharadron in a recent broken realms short story.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I miss the times when GW sculpted women models to be femine...

I love this model, and I'm really glad that GW have moved away from having one body type for human women. Not every female model needs to look "feminine" (especially chaos warriors), and there are still plenty that do.

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I mean, they still do. Look at the Darkoath Queen, Slaanesh mortals, Idoneth, and Lumineth. GW has been doing a variety of body types, from buff Sororities, feminine Hedonite priests, to the rather large nurgle hag lady.

Personally I appreciate a buff servant of the dark gods. Legend sings of her ascension to daemonhood.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, dirkdragonslayer said:

I mean, they still do. Look at the Darkoath Queen, Slaanesh mortals, Idoneth, and Lumineth. GW has been doing a variety of body types, from buff Sororities, feminine Hedonite priests, to the rather large nurgle hag lady.

Personally I appreciate a buff servant of the dark gods. Legend sings of her ascension to daemonhood.

Ahhh, thanks for reminding me new Slaanesh female models. There's still hope.

But this lady right here? My eyes bleed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Aeryenn said:

Ahhh, thanks for reminding me new Slaanesh female models. There's still hope.

But this lady right here? My eyes bleed

A lot of people don't realise that these models are also female in Slaanesh 😛

Not every female models need to be attractive to you, it's a bit weird to think so tbh - same as it would be weird to be upset that not every male model looks like Sigvald.

EnW187CXMAooqV3.jpg

99120201101_HoSSymbareshTwinsoulsLead.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

It's probably more the paint job than the sculpt. 'Eavy Metal seem to struggle at finding an in-between of masculine and feminine, so seem to err on the former when it comes to Chaos and Sister models - remember the five o' clock shadow Retributor? There's quite a few Khagra's Ravagers paint jobs that managed to make her look more feminine at a glance without changing the sculpt at all.

I think this model hits a decent balance of passing as a woman at 28mm and "Chaos Warlords who aren't Slaaneshi probably don't care too much". Interestingly she does seem to have boob-plate, which most recent StD stuff has avoided and a quite stocky build, rather than just a 'neutral-but-presumably-herculean' like the Start Collecting. 

Makes me wonder if they're preparing for more Dwarf women sculpts...?

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, novakai said:

i don't think so? the arrow feather look similar but thepouch looks different

image.png.0256b04f77fab6090af4616ec071ac35.pngimage.png.d8620b5ba67bfa3caf2188e41b3b7153.png

Yeah just checked as I have the sprue and it's the same bit:

R7KBAQn.jpg

image.png.bdcf87946cee9e1ca546cd66193e1704.png

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That's an awesome model. It's a real shame it's event exclusive. I'm pretty sure there's absolutely no way for someone in Japan to get hold of one. 

45 minutes ago, JPjr said:

that new Aspiring Chaos model absolutely SLAPS and it is criminal that it's an event only model

BOOOOOOOOO, I say, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

30 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Love the model, shame she's event exclusive :(

27 minutes ago, Mattrulesok said:

That models amazing, whats the chance they move one of those major American tournaments to Western Australia? like a 5/10?

Not sure how aware people are, but there’s a ‘Warhammer loot sharing’ group on Facebook who’s whole purpose is to get these models for people without paying eBay prices, so it’s worth trying there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

"Feminine: having qualities or an appearance traditionally associated with women."

Let's see she has wide hips, long hair, and is in fact a female. So yeah that's a feminine model. Sorry women have more than one shape and you don't like it lol.

I mean thats not even adding in the fact that she's wearing full plate armor so she should look pretty androgynous anyway.

Edit: I want to add how weird it is that every female model that comes out gets this "she isnt hot enough for me!" Posts.

Could you imagine if every new stormcast or male miniature got "ugh I wish they would show more bulge! Why can't they make the men hotter!". I don't think we're a bad community by any stretch but literally multiple comments every time a female model is shown would be pretty exhausting to read for a woman thinking of getting into the hobby.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Could you imagine if every new stormcast or male miniature got "ugh I wish they would show more bulge! Why can't they make the men hotter!". I don't think we're a bad community by any stretch but literally multiple comments every time a female model is shown would be pretty exhausting to read for a woman thinking of getting into the hobby.

To be fair, Stormcast men literally have sculpted abs on their armour. Grafting a giant codpiece on there isn't exactly unrealistic either, which is clearly what 4.0's Stormcast need adding.

What is a Codpiece? | The Art of Manliness

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, edmc78 said:

I wonder if we will get female head and weapon upgrade spruces?

That would be my hope. I don't think KO women would look too different while the suit is on (it's a padded jumpsuit and both genders have a similar build). I imagine it's like Final Fantasy 14 or Discworld, where you can't tell before they take their helmet/beard off.

But a few feminine heads and masks would be awesome. The novels have the Admiral lady with a Valaya mask and another KO with a feminine mask. Put 4-5 heads on a sprue with spare Arkanaut special weapons would sell like hotcakes.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer