The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

ASXiOPMO2SjIYrya.jpg.d8cf882d95a4a268980a89d27bf44a3e.jpg

"My studies have identified many locations within Ghur that begin with the letter ‘T’, and despite the details bound within the image, I could glean no useful information as to who or what might dwell there."

How about that's a hand grenade?

Edit: @pitzok was faster.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I dont know...with the angular pommel on that mace and its short length, I'd actually believe we might have the first chaos dwarf preview. Though the fingernails on the hand look "Orkish", chaos corrupted duardin could have similar hands. 

But the rumor engine of these days are for the new 3rd edition box, doubt we'll get some dawi zharr.

Still hobgob with an hand grenade made by them is possible.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

To me that rumour engine means nothing for the mace/grenade, what’s best is it gives us a look at a arm of the upcoming ork/goblins, definitely that slightly slender but lean muscle build, and not too small! Definitely gives some strong insight to what the rest will look like.

seems much more human in muscle and stature, can’t wait to see these ork gobbos! 

Edited by Deakz28

Well the rumours did say that Hobgobs traded weapons with Chaos Dwarves, so it's entirely possible that the grenade is of dwarvish design and being lobbed by a hobgob

Plus Hobgob lobba sounds just silly enough that it could be an official name

Edited by DoctorPerils
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

"My studies have identified many locations within Ghur that begin with the letter ‘T’, and despite the details bound within the image, I could glean no useful information as to who or what might dwell there."

I actually think it might be a musician... like a drummer.

• Like 5

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

If it wasn't for the mention of Ghur in the accompanying text, i'd have said that was 100% a stickbomb from the new 40k Orks

• Like 2

Firstly, the bottom of the mace looks very similar to the projectiles castigators use. Obviously sime scraps of metal have been added, but that's kinda weird as in lore those red things on the end projectile explode. That mean the creture holding it probably stole it or the ends just remain.

Secondly, I'll take a look at the map of ghur from 3rd ed preview and make a list of all locations starting wit the letter 'T'

Screenshot_20210521-142233_Chrome.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

Whitefang may tease us mercilessly, but they've never deliberately lied to use, preferring to simply be ambiguous (and thus constantly breathing life into the rumor thread.)

They also don't need to. There are two primary theories about the upcoming faction (those being solo faction and bundled into Warclans) and they're both going strong, with a few sub-theories attached to each. We're doing a good enough job on our own ;)

For my part, I buy into the Warclans theory, particularly since it seems pretty certain that Destruction is getting their time in the spotlight this edition, and the orruks are the poster Boyz of that grand alliance. I also don't see orruks getting the aelf treatment, as they don't seem to be nearly as popular.

I think they’ll get the LoN/ Nighthaunt treatment  where Kruel Boyz will have their own book as well as be playable in warclans then throughout the edition we’ll see bonesplittas and Ironjawz parted back into their own times once they each get a model wave 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Hypno said:

I think they’ll get the LoN/ Nighthaunt treatment  where Kruel Boyz will have their own book as well as be playable in warclans then throughout the edition we’ll see bonesplittas and Ironjawz parted back into their own times once they each get a model wave 

Please,let it be.

8 minutes ago, Hypno said:

This is really the best case scenario. I hate race-based soup battletomes and would prefer we get the "microfactions" split apart again but with updated model ranges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright, I analysed the map and here's the list.

I wrote down all locations starting with 'The' but think we can pretty much exclude them. Thondia is in big letters as it's the most likely in my opinion - in the 3rd editiom reveal stream they mentioned that Thondia will be the most important of shown regions and also it's sorta where Excelsis is. Feel free to point out any location I possibly missed

Screenshot_20210521-143328_Samsung Notes.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GenericEdgyName said:

I wrote down all locations starting with 'The' but think we can pretty much exclude them. Thondia is in big letters as it's the most likely in my opinion - in the 3rd editiom reveal stream they mentioned that Thondia will be the most important of shown regions and also it's sorta where Excelsis is. Feel free to point out any location I possibly missed

Screenshot_20210521-143328_Samsung Notes.jpg

It's definitely Thondia, since that's the continent with Excelsis

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I definitely don't see Cities being discontinued any time soon, given how much screen time they have recently been getting. I also think there is much to fear about current Cities kits going to Legends without replacement: What's in there will not just get cut for no reason. But I wonder about the faction getting slowly cannibalized, kind of like what happened to Legions of Nagash.

LoN started out as containing basically all Death models except FEC. Now some of their former units have migrated to OBR and Nighthaunt. Gravelords, the successor faciton of LoN, only contains skeletons, zombies and vampires now.

I think there is a chance that Dispossessed will get spun off into a new dwarf faction, possibly taking some of the kits from Ironweld Arsenal with them. If Kurnothi ever arrive, they might take Wanderers with them. And Freeguild have enough kits that they could be their own faction if they got an update. I think the old dark and high elf kits seem the most anchored in Cities, because they were not made part of DoK and Lumineth when GW had the chance.

But yeah, we will have to see what the future holds for Cities. I think GW will want to keep the book together for at least one more edition, possibly allowing you to take some models in two factions at once for a while (Wanderers in Kurnothi, Dispossessed in Megadwarves, Freeguild in Sigmar Militarum...).

My take is similar, in that Cities will end up in exactly the same situation as Legions of Nagash did. The various parts of it will be spun off/combined into their own tomes, whilst the Freeguild/Collegius Arcanum/Human-Ironweld will 'remain' but the Battletome that comes out the other side will be Battletome: Freeguild Companies or something. Technically none of the major factions will be squat'ed - except the High Elf stuff which is most likely going poof at some point - but Cities as a Battletome won't exist anymore, the same way Legions of Nagash doesn't. 

Grungi will take the Dispossessed with him into whatever shiny new army he comes up with, be that Gholemkind or Primaris-Dawi and there'll be some lore about most Duardin living Cities migrating to his new Holds.

Alarielle will either forgive and resettle the Wanderers, or it turns out there's been loads of Kurnothi enclaves who coincidentally use the existing/new Wanderers kits they just hadn't been mentioned before but were always there.

The Dark Elves are the tricky one. Malekith's lot are probably going to be Not!Delves the way Lumineth are Not!Helves, however the existing Covens/Serpentis/Privateers form a healthy size of Morathi's new empire and if you combined them with the Witch Elves, minus the Reaper Bolt Throwers (F in chat) you have almost the entire WHFB Dark Elf range intact. Could we end up in a situation where they're merged into DoK ALA Kar Huron? Would GW want two contradicting ranges of Dark Elves when Malekith makes his move? 

The High Elf stuff will just vanish and never be mentioned again. Look! Lumeinth!

So technically almost nothing will be squat'ed the same way technically Morghasts/Arkhan/Spirits weren't squat'ed with LoN, but their spiritual successors won't get access to them.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Definitely looks like a grenade of sorts, and with a slightly leaner yet still muscular arm, I would hazard a guess that this is from one of the Hobgobs bois. I reckon the ol Chaos Dwarves made that grenade and traded it. 

You could say that the weapon is too shabby from such artisans as the Legions of Azgorh, but I doubt they would give these goblins the finest of their work. The grenade still looks well made, especially if we consider the rather crude weaponry on the other rumour engines. 

52 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Sylvaneth (I'm obsessed with elves, and believe me they are elves just gw makes it a secret 😉)

This is why I wanted the swamp teaser to be about new Outcasts - I love dryads, tree-people and especially the disaster murder tree that rhymes with "Blycha Lamabreath", but I have enough self-respe-- I mean, Duardin in me to collect an army lead by a knife-ear! She may be a tall knife-ear, she may be riding a giant beetle, but dangit, Alarielle's still a knife-ear!

As for Duardin soup: Honestly, anything but ideal, but if we'd get more Dispossessed or - Valaya be praised - female Duardin (for real, why are Aelves and Humans the races to get more equal representation? Duardin deserve that too!), I'd be a happy camper.

51 minutes ago, GutrotSpume said:

5BCEAF18-2672-43B0-AB97-7F08A57EE9E5.png

The Rules for this new unit have already leaked:

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large chulapas. And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

38 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Anyone thinking we might get a 3.0 animated trailer (aka 40k 9th edition) this weekend? 

These rumour engines seem to be building up to an imminent reveal.

This is what I'm hoping for. I'm not watching this Preview as the animated segments of previews are the least appealing to me personally. But I am hoping a 3.0 trailer drops. 

36 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

or Primaris-Dawi

You mean humans? Or maybe primaris dwarfs will become aelves in an ironic move of cosmic proportions? I think we could use more aelves in AoS. 😎

Good thing they'll soup the new orruks into warclans (which was already a rather meh matchup) instead of expanding the 2 factions we got in there. Cause - despite greenskins being way more popular than aelves over here - they should all be in a single tome! 👍 

• Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

37 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My take is similar, in that Cities will end up in exactly the same situation as Legions of Nagash did. The various parts of it will be spun off/combined into their own tomes, whilst the Freeguild/Collegius Arcanum/Human-Ironweld will 'remain' but the Battletome that comes out the other side will be Battletome: Freeguild Companies or something. Technically none of the major factions will be squat'ed - except the High Elf stuff which is most likely going poof at some point - but Cities as a Battletome won't exist anymore, the same way Legions of Nagash doesn't. 

Grungi will take the Dispossessed with him into whatever shiny new army he comes up with, be that Gholemkind or Primaris-Dawi and there'll be some lore about most Duardin living Cities migrating to his new Holds.

Alarielle will either forgive and resettle the Wanderers, or it turns out there's been loads of Kurnothi enclaves who coincidentally use the existing/new Wanderers kits they just hadn't been mentioned before but were always there.

The Dark Elves are the tricky one. Malekith's lot are probably going to be Not!Delves the way Lumineth are Not!Helves, however the existing Covens/Serpentis/Privateers form a healthy size of Morathi's new empire and if you combined them with the Witch Elves, minus the Reaper Bolt Throwers (F in chat) you have almost the entire WHFB Dark Elf range intact. Could we end up in a situation where they're merged into DoK ALA Kar Huron? Would GW want two contradicting ranges of Dark Elves when Malekith makes his move? 

The High Elf stuff will just vanish and never be mentioned again. Look! Lumeinth!

So technically almost nothing will be squat'ed the same way technically Morghasts/Arkhan/Spirits weren't squat'ed with LoN, but their spiritual successors won't get access to them.

I hope not,i know people dont like soup tomes but i love them.

I am not a fantasy player that is playing citys because i have the old minis.

I am a new player that love the city soup concept because i get bored fast building and painting the same minis. So city is a heaven in this,i have msu units of dark elfs,high elfs,collegiate,wanderers and many dwarfs.

So if they divide the tome in separate armys i wont play anymore because i only gonna have as 600 points of every army

Disspossessed 1300

Dark elfs 600

High elfs 500

Free people 500

Collegiate 500

Ironweld 150

Wanderers 200

That is my list,so i think the situation is diferent that leguion of nagash,because as the 70% of lon is now vampires but if they do the same with city it gonna be a disaster and i hope never happen

• Like 2

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Anyone thinking we might get a 3.0 animated trailer (aka 40k 9th edition) this weekend? 

These rumour engines seem to be building up to an imminent reveal.

My guess is that it anything AoS won't be until the following weekend. The countdown clock on the AoS site is counting down to 6pm Saturday 29th.

Today's rumour says "If not, perhaps tomorrow's gift from the Rumour Engine will help solve this Mystery", so we may get a new rumour engine, but I doubt it'd be an animated trailer. Happy to be proved wrong though. 

53 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

My guess is "Coast of Tusks" - it's more specifically where Excelsis is, and where GW likes to say it is.  Also, there's a giant bog called the Brackenmarsh next to it.