The Rumour Thread

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Whitefang may tease us mercilessly, but they've never deliberately lied to use, preferring to simply be ambiguous (and thus constantly breathing life into the rumor thread.)

They also don't need to. There are two primary theories about the upcoming faction (those being solo faction and bundled into Warclans) and they're both going strong, with a few sub-theories attached to each. We're doing a good enough job on our own ;)

For my part, I buy into the Warclans theory, particularly since it seems pretty certain that Destruction is getting their time in the spotlight this edition, and the orruks are the poster Boyz of that grand alliance. I also don't see orruks getting the aelf treatment, as they don't seem to be nearly as popular.

Could they be both? They could have their own book and full army, but also if they have the Orruk keyword they could be included as part of the Great Waaagh lists?

There is also the chance that Kragnos unlocks some form of all destruction force that can include anything with the destruction keyword. Hopefully we'll get an idea of this when BR:Kragnos is released.

@Chikoutfair enough, i admit i misread.I agree about the Fyreslayer  part as imho their kits should need some redo and adding to better build the identity.

@Still-youngi think that the point mostly want to convene is that mashing together aos native armies is bad,in the elvish part of the armies i really like Idoneth, if they'll unite them with Lumineth i'd hate as much an united dawi book.

Still i don't  even think we need the same amount of dwarf/human armies to the elvish ones,still at least the one they made they'll remain alone.

Aos is beautiful because you can add "many types" of the same species unlike whfb, still i get that gw could not do this continuously.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think introducing a third ‘clan’ into Warclans — Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz and now Kroolboyz — will help to put more of an AoS spin on GW’s greenskins, which have otherwise translated pretty seamlessly from Fantasy Battles. At the same time, introducing it this way wouldn’t take away from that classic aesthetic for the players and fans who wanted to run a more old-school approach.

It will expand the range of Warscrolls and playable rules for players who are happy and excited to embrace all three clans in their Waaaagh!, creating new synergies and lists, but traditionalist will still be able to proxy those rules with Ironjawz/Bonesplitterz models/conversions, if they want to stick to those traditional flavours, giving them more rules and synergies to play with, too.

For the painters, lore keepers and hobbyists, it would open up lots of doors in terms of new stories, paint styles and conversions, which I personally love.

And by keeping the Orruks together, I have a feeling it will open doors for new Destruction factions who aren’t just a different flavour of Greenskin — whatever they may be! Coupled with Kragnos’ arrival and his ability to be used across the Destruction board, I could see us getting some fresh factions unique to AoS, broadening the Grand Alliance and the wider setting into something more living and breathing. 

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros
  • Like 6

This is about around the third or fourth time it seems Whitefang has indicated a connection between the new "faction" and Warclans. At this point, it just sounds like there is no new "army", but a sub-faction or expanded roster to Warclans. It makes sense when you think about it. Consider the rumors sound like multiple things: Hobbit/LotR style orcs called "Kruel Boyz". "Hobgobs" that trade with Chaos Dwarfs. A cauldron with a snotling and a shaman. Maybe it all sounds separate because it is. It's not a whole new army, just an update to Warclans with a bunch of new greenskins of different types. Minus Gitmob Grots as has been said multiple times. Kruel Boyz/Krool Boyz/King K. Rool Boyz/ however it will be spelled, makes a ton more sense when its not the name of a battletome but a unit or sub-allegiance.

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, FFJump said:

This is about around the third or fourth time it seems Whitefang has indicated a connection between the new "faction" and Warclans. At this point, it just sounds like there is no new "army", but a sub-faction or expanded roster to Warclans. It makes sense when you think about it. Consider the rumors sound like multiple things: Hobbit/LotR style orcs called "Kruel Boyz". "Hobgobs" that trade with Chaos Dwarfs. A cauldron with a snotling and a shaman. Maybe it all sounds separate because it is. It's not a whole new army, just an update to Warclans with a bunch of new greenskins of different types. Minus Gitmob Grots as has been said multiple times. Kruel Boyz/Krool Boyz/King K. Rool Boyz/ however it will be spelled, makes a ton more sense when its not the name of a battletome but a unit or sub-allegiance.

I whole-heartedly agree! I've mentioned a few times during the last days that I just can't wrap my head around the theming of this new "army"  - it being a bunch of different greenskins (with a possible subfaction the Kruel Boyz) makes SO much more sense than swamp-living lanky hobgobs with affinity to snotling-cauldrons, haha! At least we don't have to wait long to find out the truth 🤞

17 minutes ago, FFJump said:

I think you are right... and I'm not very happy with that.😌

• Sad 1

I have every expectation that the Kroolboyz will be:

a) part of the Warclans

b) fully capable of being fielded as a force in their own right, just like Ironjawz, and 

c) aesthetically and thematically coherent, rather than a hodgepodge of random greenskin types crammed together in the 'All Others' category of orruk types.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

I don’t understand this idea that there needs to be the same amount of Dwarf armies as there are Elf armies. The idea that it’s unfairly weighted towards Elf players just doesn’t work, because ‘elf players’ aren’t really one group.

I'm an all time elf player and get excited each time another breed of elfs is announced. Wood elfs? Great. Cow elfs? Give me them. Psychopathic sadistical shadow elfs? Two boxes of each unit please. With elfs it's down to aesthetics and their haughty nature.

I dare to say most elf players feel a bond with each other.

As for elfs vs dwarfs. They don't have to be equal in numbers but c'mon - 5 elvish battletomes vs 1 dwarven? That's a grudge.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I'm an all time elf player and get excited each time another breed of elfs is announced. Wood elfs? Great. Cow elfs? Give me them. Psychopathic sadistical shadow elfs? Two boxes of each unit please. With elfs it's down to aesthetics and their haughty nature.

I dare to say most elf players feel a bond with each other.

As for elfs vs dwarfs. They don't have to be equal in numbers but c'mon - 5 elvish battletomes vs 1 dwarven? That's a grudge.

It’s not 5 vs 1, it’s 4 (if you count Sylvaneth) vs 2 Dwarven. The only way you get 5 elves is counting updated tomes, in which case it’s like 6 elves vs 4 Dwarven. 

Edited by Still-young

Just now, Iksdee said:

Looks like a weapon that should be thrown to me. No clue what it could be tbh.

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

ASXiOPMO2SjIYrya.jpg.d8cf882d95a4a268980a89d27bf44a3e.jpg

"My studies have identified many locations within Ghur that begin with the letter ‘T’, and despite the details bound within the image, I could glean no useful information as to who or what might dwell there."

it seems that the greenskinz are advancing to world war 2 level of warfare by using grenades of german design

• Like 2

I feel like It just be weird that the army is just Warclanz 3.0 since at that point why not just do Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz, I find the Orruks keyword more likely

also it seems like their wolf riders and hobgrot rumors maybe leading to something

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

ASXiOPMO2SjIYrya.jpg.d8cf882d95a4a268980a89d27bf44a3e.jpg

"My studies have identified many locations within Ghur that begin with the letter ‘T’, and despite the details bound within the image, I could glean no useful information as to who or what might dwell there."

****** whatever these lads are they are already peaking my hype!!

I may have to foray over to the Greenside of Destruction!!

17 minutes ago, Still-young said:

It’s not 5 vs 1, it’s 4 (if you count Sylvaneth) vs 2 Dwarven. The only way you get 5 elves is counting updated tomes, in which case it’s like 6 elves vs 4 Dwarven. 

We are talking about a situation that will arise if gw brings all Dwarfs into one battletome, so future. And if we talk about future:

Sylvaneth (I'm obsessed with elves, and believe me they are elves just gw makes it a secret 😉), Daughters of Khaine, Idoneth Deepkin, Lumineth Realm-lords, Malerion, Kurnothi. It might turn out that Kurnothi will be implemented in Sylvaneth and Malerion (doubt it) will be merged with Morathi. That's still 4 aelf battletomes vs 1 duardin (if they happen to be merged into one faction). There really is no need for that. Just give some new models for Fyreslayers, like 2 or 3. It will make a big difference to a range that consists of only 3 units (not talking about heroes). Honestly Kharadron Overlords feel complete to me but their theme is so easy to be expended it's a sin not to. I don't know what to do with Dispossessed honestly. I think Cities did pretty well with giving them a second breath. But I know one thing: Fyreslayers and Kharadron Overlords are sooo different, and they both have potential to work on its own that bringing them together will cause more damage than help to them. I've said it before. All factions so far that received combo battletomes are dead in terms of new releases and I understand why. It's easier to support one strong theme like fire berzerkers or steam punk dwarfs than introduce a unit that matches both those themes. It could be done with Orruk Warclans or Skaven but Fyreslayers and Kharadron Overlords? Impossible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

I have every expectation that the Kroolboyz will be:

a) part of the Warclans

b) fully capable of being fielded as a force in their own right, just like Ironjawz, and 

c) aesthetically and thematically coherent, rather than a hodgepodge of random greenskin types crammed together in the 'All Others' category of orruk types.

That would make too much sense...

I really hope that's the case, but GW will definately do something sub-par. After watching the vampire roll out, and all the failed cross-line promotional opportunities over the last few years, I now believe each department at GW works in a vacuume and there's no real effort to make a synergistic product. The new destruction army will be isolated with poor to no allying rules with the other destruction armies 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

****** whatever these lads are they are already peaking my hype!!

I may have to foray over to the Greenside of Destruction!!

I dont know...with the angular pommel on that mace and its short length, I'd actually believe we might have the first chaos dwarf preview. Though the fingernails on the hand look "Orkish", chaos corrupted duardin could have similar hands.