The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Sorry does anyone have a link or rundown of the GrimDark rumours? 

Really getting excited for this army now. Just the thought with Kragnos allowing a proper Destruction mix, it's going to be amazing seeing a proper Destruction force, just a mass gathering of all sorts of monsters. The hype beckons. 

Dominion is the name of the box set.

Half-orc half-goblin very spindly type of body, kind of messed up looking. Smaller than orcs, larger than goblins.

They are closely resembling the lotr type of orcs.

Their name is "Cruel Boyz"or something like it.

There is a warboss riding some type of wolf-squig-pig type of creature.

There is a unit called hobgobs who trade with chaos dwarves.

There is a shaman with a cauldron and a snotling that's strirring it.

• LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Sorry i read Grimdark as the concept and not the channel.

I thought he meant the "grimdark" in aos was coming back...lol.

@Public Universal Duardinstill that rumors talked about so many things that is'nt automatically all of them confirmed.

Hoping that the united dwarf part is the fake one.

Unless i'm mixing them up perhaps?

I think it’s specifically these rumours that this goes some way to making more credible:

Accodring to the "Grimdark Live!" channel: 

-Dominion is the name of the box set. 

-Destruction army is 100% not fimir, its a goblinoid army. 

-Half-orc half-goblin very spindly type of body, kind of messed up looking. Smaller than orcs, larger than goblins. 

-They are closely resembling the lotr type of orcs. 

-Name that has been given to them is "The Cruel Boyz". 

-There is a warboss riding some type of wolf-squig-pig type of creature (that is accurate, crazy looking creature). 

-There is a unit called hobgobs (metallurgists, they trade with chaos dwarves). 

-There is a shaman with a cauldron and a snotling (small grot) that's strirring it. 

-AoS 3.0 is going to drop in July. 

-Relative heavy activity (they don't know exactly what) between the dates June 19th and July 3rd, then July 17th and August 7th.

5 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

still that rumors talked about so many things that is'nt automatically all of them confirmed.

Hoping that the united dwarf part is the fake one

I have to ask, I have seen you mention a few times that the Grimdark Live rumour has some true and some false in it - have I missed some counter-rumour, or an elusive Whitefang comment or is this an educated guess? I'm just curious to know whether I have missed something important.

4 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

Dominion is the name of the box set.

Half-orc half-goblin very spindly type of body, kind of messed up looking. Smaller than orcs, larger than goblins.

They are closely resembling the lotr type of orcs.

Their name is "Cruel Boyz"or something like it.

There is a warboss riding some type of wolf-squig-pig type of creature.

There is a unit called hobgobs who trade with chaos dwarves.

There is a shaman with a cauldron and a snotling that's strirring it.

Thank you so much! 

@Public Universal DuardinOk i just mixed two different rumors, the one of the box by Grimdark seems genuinely more probable.

The one i mentioned,that whitefang called "fake,not fake" was a rumors with many things for the aos 3rd edition like "Cos becoming aos imperial guard or an united dwarf army".

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I had to go and look for the post I remembered reading and apparently some Orruks did trade and live alongside Kharadrons, not just as mercenaries!

And regarding the Rumour Engine: Seems that it's indeed the pot talked about, basically confirming the rumours we have been hearing about were true, all of it. I, for one, welcome our new cruel lanky LOTR-like goblinoid overlords.

In Fantasy there was a specific regiment of Mercenary Orcs under Dogs of War: https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Ruglud's_Armoured_Orcs

6 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

"Cos becoming aos imperial guard and an united dwarf army

I like this. The unite dwarf army sounds cool and the Imperial stuff too, but I'm curious what will happen to aelfs...

The cities aelfs are (I think) more "factions" than freeguild and dwarfs, and sometimes making a good synergy is not easy to mix them. And if Imperium goes one faction alone and dwarfs go unite.. aelf cities of sigmar? I don't think they will go with alarielle or Teclis or malerion... strange days for free aelfs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I like this. The unite dwarf army sounds cool and the Imperial stuff too, but I'm curious what will happen to aelfs...

The cities aelfs are (I think) more "factions" than freeguild and dwarfs, and sometimes making a good synergy is not easy to mix them. And if Imperium goes one faction alone and dwarfs go unite.. aelf cities of sigmar? I don't think they will go with alarielle or Teclis or malerion... strange days for free aelfs

An united dwarf army would be the worst idea possible.

Ko and Fyreslayers are too different, even with a dispossesed revamp to "link them".

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

An united dwarf army would be the worst idea possible.

Ko and Fyreslayers are too different, even with a dispossesed revamp to "link them".

As a community we need to get these ideas out of our heads--these preconceptions on how the world of AoS "should be." The Mortal Realms are immense, mystical places ruled by physical gods, and we need to keep our minds open to that fact.

Anything can and should happen in the Mortal Realms. If we start labelling what is or is not appropriate, we become exactly like all of those 40k people who won't let anything new happen because it "doesn't fit the lore."

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

As a community we need to get these ideas out of our heads--these preconceptions on how the world of AoS "should be." The Mortal Realms are immense, mystical places ruled by physical gods, and we need to keep our minds open to that fact.

Anything can and should happen in the Mortal Realms. If we start labelling what is or is not appropriate, we become exactly like all of those 40k people who won't let anything new happen because it "doesn't fit the lore."

Well said, and besides we all know the only good dwarf is a dead dwarf 😜😜😜

Im hoping the new faction really leans into the fairytale boogie men archetype. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

apparently Warhammer Weekly got a rumor that Malarion maybe coming out in Q4 of this year

I want to take that with a massive helping of salt. People have been predicting him for years, I am going to wait until I see his plastic scaley hide for myself.

I mean, he has a chance because he was in that recent short story, but I want to remain skeptical.

Remember that the CoS/United Dwarf/Mally 'rumours' came from the ever credible Anon of 4chan. It seems to have been echoed enough that it took on a life of it's own, but odds are it's just a mixture of wishlisting-that-could-be-possible and educated guesses.

Malekith and his lot are becoming the AoS equivalent of plastic Sisters of Battle - sure, they'll probably happen eventually but not as soon as everyone expects and they're inevitable enough that every rumour claims they're just around the corner.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I talk about mostly army aesthetic and gameplay.

While i can see an allegiance of mixed dwarf in a campaign book, taking 2 new armies of aos and fuse them without motive is bad game design.

Also the two dwarven cultures have already a background motive for being separated, we can't ignoŕe that.

While i don't like to complain too much we can't be always ok with everything.

Also if gw will fuse the two dwarf armies while still having the 5/6 armies of elves untouched would be utter insulting.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, merging Fyreslayers and KO would be like merging Idoneth and Lumineth, but I don't see anybody suggesting the latter. 

It's not the same though. Fyreslayers are mercenaries who will work with anyone if it leads to urgold and the KO are the airline companies of the mortal Realms. 

If you are hunting all over the mortal Realms for urgold what better way to travel from place to place than in the ships of the KO. In the process they are bound to find a lot of regular gold which I'm sure the dispossessed would be happy to take off their hands. 

The IDK are isolationists and the Lumineth are to arrogant to work with anyone. 

Its not the same at all. 

If GW can put out a few dispossessed kits which can combine the Fyreslayer runes with the steampunk tech of the KO, as  Tom mentioned on Warhammer weekly this week, I'd absolutely be down for a combined tome. 

• Like 3

Maybe we are anticipating too much. We don't know anything now. 

Maybe when Grimmir comes and "unites" the dwarfs is just something like Kragnos than can unite Destruction in one army but they don't are mixed on a battletome. It's possible that we get some evolving narrative and a mini of a giant Dwarf (curious thing) that has it's own rules to use all duardin units as it's own army. 

And later will come Tyrion to use Lumineth, Cities aelfs or Phoenix Aelfs, and maybe idoneth... I don't know, just saying without thinking too much ^_^

• LOVE IT! 2

I agree with both that we should keep things open to the possibilities of the Realms, but that established lore separating certain factions can't just be handwaved away without a solid narrative reason. I'm sure certain lodges and skyports do work together because of the endless possibilities, though I think most fans of either army would rather see a 2nd wave of kits than their factions being combined. If new duardin were directly led by Valaya or Grungni, then I think there'd be room to have certain lodges and skyports fold into a combined duardin faction.

• Like 5