The Rumour Thread

Accodring to the "Grimdark Live!" channel:

-Dominion is the name of the box set.

-Destruction army is 100% not fimir, its a goblinoid army.

-Half-orc half-goblin very spindly type of body, kind of messed up looking. Smaller than orcs, larger than goblins.

-They are closely resembling the lotr type of orcs.

-Name that has been given to them is "The Cruel Boyz".

-There is a warboss riding some type of wolf-squig-pig type of creature (that is accurate, crazy looking creature).

-There is a unit called hobgobs (metallurgists, they trade with chaos dwarves).

-There is a shaman with a cauldron and a snotling (small grot) that's strirring it.

-AoS 3.0 is going to drop in July.

-Relative heavy activity (they don't know exactly what) between the dates June 19th and July 3rd, then July 17th and August 7th.

Edited by Bluesummers
  • Like 12

23 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

-Half-orc half-goblin very spindly type of body, kind of messed up looking. Smaller than orcs, larger than goblins.

-There is a warboss riding some type of wolf-squig-pig type of creature (that is accurate, crazy looking creature).

-There is a shaman with a cauldron and a snotling (small grot) that's strirring it.

-Relative heavy activity (they don't know exactly what) between the dates June 19th and July 3rd, then July 17th and August 7th.

Link please.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

Is that stuff that has been seen first hand? Nearly all of those points are things previously mentioned in this thread, so could well just be a summery of what we've seen mentioned in this thread already. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

-AoS 3.0 is going to drop on July.

-Relative heavy activity (they don't know exactly what) between the dates June 19th and July 3rd, then July 17th and August 

Was already post some days ago,should there also be the link to the video.

Just now, Bluesummers said:

Thank you, you're a real one.

27 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

If these guys are the first step towards plastic chaos dwarfs I'm all in. I'll even give up my hope for Destruction Tikkis.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

Summarized:
3ed Launch Box name: Dominion
New Faction Name: Krul Boyz

Name of one unit: Hobgobs
Hobgobs are crafters of Metal stuff. They trade with chaos dwarves.

Leader: Big Boss-esque dude riding a messed up Squiq-Pig-Wolf-Thing
Also: Some kind of Gnorblar stirring a pot

Edited by JackStreicher

3 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Is there some kind of registry about when certain armies were introduced to Warhammer? Or year production of minis? IS there a way to check f.e. when current Bonesplitterz models were firstly lunched?

If you go back through my profile you'll find a spreadsheet with all the AOS kits up to Jan 2020. I started to add this info to Lexicanum (https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Kits) but fell off due to final year uni issues pertaining to covid. I'll try and get back on it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

Is that stuff that has been seen first hand? Nearly all of those points are things previously mentioned in this thread, so could well just be a summery of what we've seen mentioned in this thread already. 

I often wonder how much of the rumours we talk about actually started in this thread and just "come full circle"🤣  ... The honest Wargamer mentioned us the other week.... Nice guy, lives down the road from me apparently

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

I often wonder how much of the rumours we talk about actually started in this thread and just "come full circle"🤣  ... The honest Wargamer mentioned us the other week.... Nice guy, lives down the road from me apparently

If that's the case then we're doomed to a never ending cycle of disappointment. I blame Nagash.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

If that's the case then we're doomed to a never ending cycle of disappointment. I blame Nagash.

Nagash watched the Lion King and came up with .... "The Circle of Strife" ..... Some bloke from Dudley called John Eltun has been signed up to do the single version 😭

2 hours ago, Bluesummers said:

I'd find these sources a lot more reliable if they could tell the difference between an orc and a goblin, there's a big difference in the faces at the very least. "hobgob" unit sort of implies hobgoblins won't be here but rather than its a throwback, which isn't surprising given they were unpopular back in the day and distasteful (they were more traitorous and cowardly than even goblins, and had a heavy mongolian inspired design)

Half-orc half-goblin very spindly type of body, kind of messed up looking. Smaller than orcs, larger than goblins.

This just makes me think old style greenskin orc boy, maybe with some "mutations". They were way less jacked than bonesplitterz or brutes

1 hour ago, CarkFish said:

Haha i also think this is happening sometimes. Someone posted the doomdiver pic i just made here on the official AoS facebook page.

• Haha 2

There are a few rumour engines that we can retroactively think of as being strong contenders for the new guys. The new guys seem to have a bit of a thing for nails, what with that mask thing having nail teeth, and some sort of cut off tongue being nailed into place there.

Nails
2020-11-03.jpg

Trophies, like that tongue. And more things with nails. And a hook too!
2021-02-09.jpg

Edited by Indecisive
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

There are a few rumour engines that we can retroactively think of as being strong contenders for the new guys. The new guys seem to have a bit of a thing for nails, what with that mask thing having nail teeth, and some sort of cut off tongue being nailed into place there.

Nails
2020-11-03.jpg

Trophies, like that tongue. And more things with nails. And a hook too!
2021-02-09.jpg

Yep, we talked about that a lot of pages ago. There are two or three rumour engines more with that theme too.

I still can't get over "The Cruel Boyz", as it just doesn't fit current naming conventions. Sounds more like a name for an unit instead of faction. Honestly, the name of the boxset, 'Dominion', sounds imho waaaaay cooler than the proposed mean lads.

The hook is pretty awesome - although it may be a red herring, at least it will fuel some grotbag scuttler rumours for a few weeks heheh.

5 hours ago, Bluesummers said:

Whitefang already commented on this. They're Kruel Boyz with a "K". And I think he's actually hinting they're expanding Orruk Warclans and not they're own faction? That's what it seemed like he was saying. Otherwise, the fact Cruel Boys was the name given before Whitefang even mentioned it, and then he corrected it, probably means most of these are at least somewhat true and just a little bit off.

2 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

it will fuel some grotbag scuttler rumours for a few weeks heheh.

Your post made me wonder if the Scuttlers may be part of this faction.  Mires and bogs often produce gases - methane etc.  Maybe they use some type of marsh gas to inflate the skin from a giant bogsquig creature to take to the air. 

• LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, CDM said:

Annoyingly though we won't see the full faction release soon but we will have a name and likely a beast snaggerz type box.

I dont believe they are their own faction, @Whitefang even hinted at them being part of the Orruk Warclans, which personally I think is a fantastic idea!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1