The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

This definately feels more grimdark then previous AOS. Like when 6th edition fantasy battle appeared and was all more mature black and white sketch art in comparison to previous editions.

Can't really agree. AoS1 started with chaos & Death cannibals everywhere over destroyed civilizations in almost every realm and Grand Marshall Archaon swarming Azyr's gates with millions of plague infested refugees that Sigmar couldn't let in and so watched get scythed down.("Hammers of Sigmar" was really descriptive in the animals tortured in chaos pits and villagers desperately living like savages and dressing as monsters to appease the daemons everywhere)

Edit:the 2015 art from the Everchosen battletome hammers home the oppressive feel with the stark Berserk--manga-like art.

Warhammer-Fantasy-fb-%25D0%25BF%25D0%25B

AoS2 had a giant soul black hole that had the realms swarmed by billions of wraiths that went straight through fortresses and shackled screaming souls to Nagash while Endless Spells broke free from the edges and scoured mountains, armies and cities as living natural disasters that did everything from devour to reverse time.

AoS3 seems to be following the same trend of NobleDark that the two armies are exemplifying. Good vs Evil to which it's always darkest before the dawn as all those evils are slowly defeated(Archaon forced to bide his time in Eight-points with his empires shattered and isolated & the Necroquake sealed so now prosperous life magic is flooding the realms and making settling colonies appealing again)

AoS is doing a great balance of light and dark to keep the stakes high but also the rewards of defeating them all the greater as gods, races and civilizations prosper.

3 hours ago, Elbaf said:

Living Tiki masks ? Ghur = Jumanji ? 

Amazing !

Activision killed off Crash Bandicoot but GW will give his masks new homes. xD

Just like the new Sylvaneth warsong heralded Silksong before it's own devs could. ;)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 11

35 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I for one love it my @Loyal Son of Khemri

On the topic of Tiki we need more Firebellies!! 

I do think the back of the mask is edited out and it is a faceplate for some new Behemoth unit. Or perhaps it is a nod to Kragnos and these 'Morruks' wear masks in devotion to him. Hell maybe we will have Centaur Greenskins!?

Thank you your majesty, after all the most important rule is to have fun is it not? 

15 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The firebelly mask ha some asian elements though,it make me think about early chinese bronzes and similar things.

Imho should be a perfect ideas for firebellies artstyle to contrast the mongolian classic gutbuster.

So all in favor of East Asian/Polynesian destruction Tikkis say aye!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Got to disagree again. Bonesplitterz are quite clearly inspired by “voodoo” movie stereotypes, with their masked shamans wearing voodoo masks, snakes, warpaint and Juju sticks. The only Native American influence I can see is feathers.

The reason I am referring to it as “Hollywood”voodoo and using quotation marks is because voodoo is still a religion practiced by people and I don’t want to cause offense by suggesting it’s the distorted version tv and films portray it as.

7BE4CC50-6AAF-4A41-9BC0-BCE6154E228A.jpeg

It may be my personal perception, or somewhat influenced by how native american indians are depicted in my foreign country, but this to me look like your archetypical native shaman performing the rain dance. The warpaint in the range of the bonnesplitterz follow native american patterns too.

This shaman looks like the stereotypical american shaman, and not a voodoo witch-doctor

About the living mask for the rumor engine. I start to believe it. It is weird that in the head-like pic showing three faces each of them got an intentionally empty mouth (instead of something sculpted behind the teeths). And zombies/dead manipulation is a strong voodoo theme (in fact i believe is the real origin of the modern zombie concept if im not mistaken). It would make sense for the mask made of decaying living pieces to be animated/enslaved into a living state. The eyes may also be an organic decoration, not necesarily the eyes of his wielder.

Edited by Yoid

7 minutes ago, Yoid said:

It may be my personal perception, or somwhat influenced by how native american indians are depicted in my foreign country, but this to me look like your archetypical native shaman performing the rain dance. The warpaint in the range of the bonnesplitterz follow native american patterns too.

This shaman looks like the stereotypical american shaman, and not a voodoo witch-doctor

About the living mask for the rumor engine. I start to believe it. It is weird that in the head-like pic showing three faces each of them got an intentionally empty mouth (instead of something sculpted behind the teeths). And zombies/dead manipulation is a strong voodoo theme (in fact i believe is the real origin of the moder zombie concept if im not mistaken). It would make sense for the mask made of decaying living pieces to be animated/enslaved into a living state. The eyes may also be an organic decoration, not necesarily the eyes of his wielder.

@Yoid, the original idea for zombies was indeed inspired by an actual voodoo ritual involving a neurotoxin from a certain species of fish. This got translated into a fear of mind control and “natives” stealing white women(I took a freshman seminar on the topic). This then evolved with the emergence of The Bomb into the Romero zombie, which evolved again into the modern zombie(which can run fast) due to a better understanding of parasitic organisms.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Judging by the rumours so far the new Destruction faction’s heads either consist of Living Tikki Masks or the army has at least a unit with those masks as heads.

Like these guys? But edgier?

D4EBC9D1-599C-447F-B444-DC6CBAF9ED40.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

😕 This honestly makes me a little nervous as I really want to add Kragnos to my BCR army but I feel like there is a good chance that he will get tied into this new faction and no longer be an option for all of Destruction. I just think that he will look particularly cool alongside the BCR and would be a nice sparring partner for ol' Be'lakor

The entire point of Kragnos is to have "Destruction Archaon" which is why I think his introduction feels so forced in the narrative. Godrakk is probably even going to job for him in the kragnos book. They've made it clear he's supposed to fit all destruction factions, and that *HIS* people are dead, there will never actually be a "Kragnos army". The chances of them shipping him off to a specific allegiance is basically zero.

2 hours ago, zamerion said:

it's strange because the eyes seem organic and alive. ( It may have 3 eyes, above it looks like a cut one)
The tongue is also organic, but it is rotten and dead

While the rest is metal..

maybe they are just spores that possess objects? something related to the eyes in the red mist in the background

Thumbnail

It might not actually be metal, just look like it. We have stalagsquigs and rockgut troggoths so the idea of a beast with more jagged looking hide isn't impossible.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

It might not actually be metal, just look like it. We have stalagsquigs and rockgut troggoths so the idea of a beast with more jagged looking hide isn't impossible.

The teeth and rivets are definitely metal. You can tell because GW metallic paints are kind of glittery and that makes them look grainy in black and white. The rest of the mask does not look like it's painted with GW metallics, though.

2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The firebelly mask ha some asian elements though,it make me think about early chinese bronzes and similar things.

Imho should be a perfect ideas for firebellies artstyle to contrast the mongolian classic gutbuster.

Mate I love it. Firebellies just seem the natural progression to expand upon Mawtribes without starting a new Faction. 

I know Fyreslayers are all about Fire, but I would love for Firebellies to get expanded upon in that way as well. A huge molten lava tortoise as a Behemoth.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate I love it. Firebellies just seem the natural progression to expand upon Mawtribes without starting a new Faction. 

I know Fyreslayers are all about Fire, but I would love for Firebellies to get expanded upon in that way as well. A huge molten lava tortoise as a Behemoth.

Its criminal we haven't gotten at least a white dwarf for a Fireglut subfaction. Lead by either a firebelly who ends up as a Tyrant when he somehow wins a challenge from a Tyrant made insecure by the firebellies' boasts, or a Tyrant who thinks the Firebelly initiation ritual sounds way easier than the firebelly is making it out to be so the firebelly dares him to do it, only for the tyrant to return as a firebelly and rub it in the firebelly's face (before krumping him for his insolence).

Or better yet he one ups him by succeeding at the true Firebelly task.

"Firebellies show their devotion to the Sun-Eater by praying to ash, flames, volcanoes and magma. They eat flammable fuel in magic rituals so that they can set their foes on fire and honor their god. Above all they seek to replicate the actions of their god and devour the sun, which the Mortal Realms has plenty in its countless skies. They hunt down a sun located not so high and their priests may be able to catch them and bring them down."

So he sets off to eat a deadly magic flame on the Realm of Fire's edge but comes back not only a firebelly but an Aqshy sun rising up behind him, his body framed by a bite mark in the sun's lower parts.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

While we were talking Tikkis CA dropped some Kislev goodness: 

I wonder if the successes of AOS designs made this possible? Having been in WHF from 6th to 8th edition I can't imagine designers having this level of 'freedom' compared to now. I REALLY love the ice/fire parallel of Kislev vs Khorne though, and honestly Kislev being focused on Ice Magic makes complete sense for what is supposed to be an entire nation geared towards keeping Chaos/Norsca at bay.

Steel, Faith, and Gunpowder will only get you so far up north, the ice and the predators take care of the rest

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yoid said:

It may be my personal perception, or somewhat influenced by how native american indians are depicted in my foreign country, but this to me look like your archetypical native shaman performing the rain dance. The warpaint in the range of the bonnesplitterz follow native american patterns too.

Last time I’ll comment on this particular issue because it’s getting off topic, but you know Bonesplitterz literally have Witch-Doctors right? 

And you can’t see the similarity between the mask of the Shaman I posted and actual voodoo masks?

Bonesplitterz entire aesthetic has its roots in “voodoo” and “Juju”, mixed with Palaeolithic Hunter gatherer concepts.

87837684-3C9F-4D6C-B954-4B4FFF961D5B.jpeg

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I wonder if the successes of AOS designs made this possible? Having been in WHF from 6th to 8th edition I can't imagine designers having this level of 'freedom' compared to now. I REALLY love the ice/fire parallel of Kislev vs Khorne though, and honestly Kislev being focused on Ice Magic makes complete sense for what is supposed to be an entire nation geared towards keeping Chaos/Norsca at bay.

Steel, Faith, and Gunpowder will only get you so far up north, the ice and the predators take care of the rest

I am really starting to hope that the Old World is the same scale as AoS and not an Epic thing now. I would love a Freeguild army using the Streltskis gun/axe hybrids as the handgunners. Even if it was a Necromunda/Warcry thing with small skirmishes I would put the effort in to make an army of them.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
Me not word good, gobbo vocabularium is limited.
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

But you know Bonesplitterz literally have Witch-Doctors right? 

I actually didn't know that.

Anyway, as I said, it may be a thing of perspectives and mine being distorted, but I still can imagine a different and unique way of representing voodoo witch-doctors/tiki mask cannibals in the new range and that being an innovative thing in AoS.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The idea of firebellies wanting to consume the sun gives a great background to expand upon.

Maybe giving them a more "religious side" to attack Hysh in a eating frenzy.

Still i love the idea to give them an anatomous army.

4 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The idea of firebellies wanting to consume the sun gives a great background to expand upon.

Maybe giving them a more "religious side" to attack Hysh in a eating frenzy.

Still i love the idea to give them an anatomous army.

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Or better yet he one ups him by succeeding at the true Firebelly task.

"Firebellies show their devotion to the Sun-Eater by praying to ash, flames, volcanoes and magma. They eat flammable fuel in magic rituals so that they can set their foes on fire and honor their god. Above all they seek to replicate the actions of their god and devour the sun, which the Mortal Realms has plenty in its countless skies. They hunt down a sun located not so high and their priests may be able to catch them and bring them down."

So he sets off to eat a deadly magic flame on the Realm of Fire's edge but comes back not only a firebelly but an Aqshy sun rising up behind him, his body framed by a bite mark in the sun's lower parts.

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Its criminal we haven't gotten at least a white dwarf for a Fireglut subfaction. Lead by either a firebelly who ends up as a Tyrant when he somehow wins a challenge from a Tyrant made insecure by the firebellies' boasts, or a Tyrant who thinks the Firebelly initiation ritual sounds way easier than the firebelly is making it out to be so the firebelly dares him to do it, only for the tyrant to return as a firebelly and rub it in the firebelly's face (before krumping him for his insolence).

All this Firebelly talk has me convinced GWs only natural way to expand the range into new territory besides updating existing kits is to make the Fireglutt a true Subfaction.