The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I had a dream last night that it was preview day, and me and my friends were back in a school for some reason and a GW employee came in to the room and gave us a surprise. He said you can either go to the AOS 3.0 preview, or instead a special secret reveal. 

I thought, hey I'll just see the starter set anyway let's see this secret reveal. So we got transported by bus to separate halls and sat down for the reveals. 

All we got were some comical aliens, proper cartoon pixar style in red jumpsuits and like 3 eyes. 

Then it turns out I couldn't even find out what the AOS 3.0 one was like, as you were forbidden from leaking from either preview. 

I had been duped, utterly bamboozled. Even in my dreams I couldn't see the starter set 😢, but is it odd the strangest take from that dream was that my friends were there and actually liked Warhammer? 😂 At least Xenos finally got a release. Hope yall like red jumpsuit Pixar aliens. 

A boat's a boat. But the mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat!

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I think something along these lines could be fun. I dont think army rules should always be just buffing the army and force u to play in the same way every time. It could just add some flavour to the army as well. I get that some people want tournament rules to be better than the next army but thats not for me. I just want some casual fluffy and fun games. I've had some of the best times playing whfb where some orcs and gobbos started fighting and a troll started drooling while a hellcanon misfired/ exloded and killed itself with all kinds of artillery fire bouncing around through infantry lines and have them fleeing from battle. It was chaos in its best form. I am hoping some of these things find its way back to aos 3.0.

(i know whfb also had a lot of crappy things going on but these were to good ones imo)

I had a similar thought when I was thinking about Mordheim, which very explicitly and deliberately has random happenings occurring in every phase of the game. In my opinion, it’s the heart and reason for all the dice rolling in any tabletop game: it’s so that unforeseen situations can occur that force the player to react and adapt his plans on the fly. Which helps simulating the situation of a general leading an army into Battle: Only part of it is planning. The other part is thinking on your feet and adapting to bad happenings.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bayul said:

Nighthaunt never had a SC, Malignants did. That SC is out of stock now and Mortis Engines can be found in the Soulblight Gravelords category.

In UK is only temporarily out of stock, it may be a move towards AoS3.0 and the unavoidable Soul Wars box. 
I know it was Malignants, but you get two battlelines for Nighthaunt, not a bad box to start with including the Mortis engine as an ally

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I may have to get back to reading it then!!

You really should. WD is very good at the minute and has been for a year or two. Really good lore which is heavily integrated with the published narrative, such as Broken Realms. Currently reading Be'lakor and noticed a reference in it to a short story which was in WD. Thought it was a really nice touch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aeryenn said:

Regarding White Dwarf: do they still publish these small factions like Squig Allegiance or Troggoth Allegiance?

No, they publish Flashpoint articles now. I suppose they could add new Celestial Times when AoS3 is out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lare2 said:

You really should. WD is very good at the minute and has been for a year or two. Really good lore which is heavily integrated with the published narrative, such as Broken Realms. Currently reading Be'lakor and noticed a reference in it to a short story which was in WD. Thought it was a really nice touch. 

Damn I want that juicy lore but dont know if I can justify the price or space, I could go digital I suppose, are they digital now?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

KnnrX3omJPa8nOyS.jpg.ae3f2fac47b0df2581c364aa78ad9010.jpg

"How peculiar! Let us know what you think this image is over on our Warhammer Age of Sigmar Facebook page, and check back tomorrow for another glimpse of the future."

Whatever it is, this looks dope. I could see this be the first Destruction faction I get into. And I really want to get into Destruction, their rules are always a blast.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Some of the Christmas Advent Calendar rumour engines still haven't been solved right?

I think I'm burnt out on the damn things, they're not as endearing as they once were.

I loved them until new model Monday was introduced now these teases feel really underwhelming. However, I do get a kick out of seeing something that is clearly 40k related and trying to desperately tie it to AOS. Like when I would argue things like how tank treads might be Malerion's legs as they are not visible in his only image. But yeah rumour engines are a fun idea but overshadowed by actual previews. Maybe if they only showed rumour engines for soon to be announced models so that we could have the fun of seeing if our speculation was correct. Half the time I forget the rumour engine existed when the model is finally revealed. 

It certainly looks interesting. We've got what looks like real eyes and a real tongue with a metal mask. With the way the tongue is pierced by metal it could be a trophy. If definitely feels like the centre of the image has been edited out. 

The article says check back tomorrow so hopefully we will get daily hints. A problem with the rumour engine is that it can be literally years till we see the full models . Knowing that these hints will be revealed in  just a couple of weeks makes it much more enjoyable.

• Like 1