The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Somehow quoted you twice 😂 I believe so, they’re in 40K so I assume they are in aos, however most of it will either be expanding on Broken realms Kragnos, or be included in it (lore wise at least, maybe not the extra stuff they throw in) 

Oh damn I hope its included in it!! Seeing the Sons represented in Broken Realms will be amazing. Hopefully it's the Murgg Brothers from the BR short.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

If GW doesn't tell us why they did something baffling, I (and many more) just assume the worst and decrease my spending plans with them. They can fix this by telling us why they did the baffling thing. 

100%, they don't do themselves any favors. Especially since you can play the full game online without spending a penny. One can call it entitlement, I see it as trying to make an informed decision. But if they want to capitalize on FOMO and vagueness, I'll just save my money and play on TTS. No skin off my back 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bayul said:

Because it should be called Necromancer on Mortis Engine, it's basically a mount.

Yeah still is in the only Nighthaunt start collecting :) guess once AoS 3.0 hits the shelves we will get the Soul Wars half for 50/55£ like Khorne before 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Yeah still is in the only Nighthaunt start collecting :) 

Nighthaunt never had a SC, Malignants did. That SC is out of stock now and Mortis Engines can be found in the Soulblight Gravelords category.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh damn I hope its included in it!! Seeing the Sons represented in Broken Realms will be amazing. Hopefully it's the Murgg Brothers from the BR short.

The flashpoints stuff is not only lore, but it's pretty good lore too. White Dwarf has become a bit of a must have for AOS lore seekers if you ask me, what with flashpoints and ongoing short story series etc

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Carnelian said:

The flashpoints stuff is not only lore, but it's pretty good lore too. White Dwarf has become a bit of a must have for AOS lore seekers if you ask me, what with flashpoints and ongoing short story series etc

THERE ARE ONGOING STORIES!? ****** are they compiled somewhere? I havent bought a WD in almost a decade.

2 hours ago, Lavieth said:

Im going to preface this as I'm not going at you Angry Panda. I really liked your post. I just needed this last quote.

Probably better served for a thread of it's own, but can you blame GW?  For some reason so much of the player base feels a sense entitlement to know the business practices of the company and then when there is no "communication" there is an unnecessary amount of rage directed towards them. I'm sorry to say it, but, if GW doesn't feel the need to disclose stuff to the comminuty that is their prerogative. 

There are far to many instances where very influential content creators have gone out of their way to stir up discontent and encourage a large amount of negativity towards GW. Just look at all the people trolling GW during their live streams. When the loudest part of feedback is generally negative and not even constructive, I would argue, it compounds the reasons why GW would be more inclined to being silent about things, especially when it  comes to reveals amd things that, us as the community, should be excited for because it means new models to see on the tables. A lot of these content creators need to assume a level of social responsibility for how they act and how they can negatively influence reactions because of their platform. They also need to remember that the company they like to dig at, and further more the hard working people at GW who do not deserve personal attacks, are the reason they have a platform and in some cases have been able to turn it into a career of sorts. 

With that said, I hope the aforementioned rumor about expanding existing armies is true. I'd love to see an expansion on the Fyreslayers that isn't just the Warclans treatment. This would be a great opportunity for GW to increase the range and add a uniqueness to them that their range is in need of.

I really think it is such a huge slippery slope when people state that “people being angry” = “creators goading them” 

Warhammer is a huge global game at this point it is just a matter of size of the player base that you get overly negative people. 

Anybody who says that I should feel ashamed because somebody completely else I have nothing to do with was mean to our devs on the social media can royally (insert bad words here). I am tired of people on high horse trying to make me feel bad for somebody else’s actions and I am tired of arguments that go like this “GW is right not to communicate because of some people who are mean to them who happen to be in minority” 

At this point with the size of the playerbase it is blatantly clear you will have people with untreated medical conditions being angry at you at some point and sending you those special mails..... I am truly sad and I hope those people may find help and the underpaid employees at GW managing their social media/mails etc.  will manage this situation. 

having that said the “can you blame them?” Argument is inherently flawed and just allows some internet users to badmouth internet creators. (Most of those creators were critical of GW deleting their earlier communication and being silent not that they communicated in any way)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MothmanDraws said:

Please god no, anything but old animosity rules.

I wouldn't mind it for some narrative scenarios, but yeah, for matched play ... Just about the mist horrid thing to infest the game.

Unfun.

Unjoy.

Ungood.

Just un.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, relic456 said:

you can play the full game online without spending a penny. One can call it entitlement, I see it as trying to make an

If you after playing online, you're not playing the full game.

The models are a fundamental, critical, crucial element.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Absolutely agree. 

I can see why people did it during lockdown but to me it just seems sterile. 

Warhammer has always been about the models, they bring people together. Going to events, GW store or games shop, you can strike up a conversation with a stranger over how they painted or converted their army. 

But anyway, back to rumours! Hopfully this Sunday will see the announcement of Kragos. Really enjoyed the broken realm series, I've definitely become more of a narrative gamer and these books have given some great battles to re-enact. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

You play your hobby and I'll play mine homie. I find the game just as fulfilling on TTS (plus significant QoL improvements) as in person play. I can live without in person models if it saves me from wasting money on bad rules.

Edited by relic456
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

Got to admit this one gripe, I fully understand, I honestly thought the would make swords/maces and separate profile to the lances, probably with a -1 rend but without the charge bonus the Lance has... oh well 

3D0CF493-BF51-4969-9857-1C143503EF6C.jpeg

I had really hoped 3.0 would bring more standardized weapon ranges & rend. Oh well!

Edited by Televiper11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I wouldn't mind it for some narrative scenarios, but yeah, for matched play ... Just about the mist horrid thing to infest the game.

Unfun.

Unjoy.

Ungood.

Just un.

I like the idea of it as a named rule that could call back to this mechanic, but only if it functions very differently. Maybe it could be a buff that stems from rivalries but will result in d3 mortal wounds... creating a risk reward mechanic resulting from infighting. Or it could instead be a balance mechanic tied to command abilities where the Orruks/Grots feel animosity to their general if they do not share certain subfaction keywords, requiring the player to roll to see if the Orruks/Grots will take orders. So even though I agree the old rules are terrible and should stay gone they could be adapted into something fluffy and either tactically interesting or possibly better balanced. Also to clarify these are not the best examples as I am very clearly not a great rules writer... I just like when they are able to take ideas that didn't work well and tweak them into something enjoyable. 

On a similar note, I personally hope that Eye of the Gods can be reworked for Slaves to Darkness to be a point system like all the other Chaos armies have. The more your hero does on the battlefield, the better their rewards, not simply a randomizer. For example, I think Spawndom would cost have a low point threshold and if your hero dies they would get replaced by a spawn like with Gavespawn. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, relic456 said:

You play your hobby and I'll play mine homie. I find the game just as fulfilling on TTS (plus significant QoL improvements) as in person play. I can live without in person models if it saves me from wasting money on bad rules.

Video games are not a hobby. Don't get me wrong, I luvz me some video games, but a hobby they are not.

Even IF they are, a digital Warhammer game would be a different hobby. The Warhammer hobby without WYSIWYG models is a different ... activity ... altogether and not the same thing in any meaningful way.

Also, Priest and no minion Mage in Hearthstone are vile assaults on fun. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

21 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Video games are not a hobby. Don't get me wrong, I luvz me some video games, but a hobby they are not.

Even IF they are, a digital Warhammer game would be a different hobby. The Warhammer hobby without WYSIWYG models is a different ... activity ... altogether and not the same thing in any meaningful way.

A hobby is literally anything you regularly do for fun. This is straight up gatekeeping nonsense. We play Age of Sigmar differently, it's still the same game.

But hey 3.0 right?

• Like 18

Since more people are making content off the mysterious rumours from reddit, I think that is the source, it's worth pointing out that whether Stormcast get their alleged "sleek dragon cavalry and flying cavalry" will be a good litmus to judge the entirety of the rumour very quick.
They, if they exist, will be revealed soon enough and have been referred to with enough specificity that a shot in the dark is very unlikely.

6 minutes ago, relic456 said:

A hobby is literally anything you regularly do for fun

Really? 

Nah.

That would mean that a completely, totally, utterly passive experience like standing in the breeze on a hot day is a hobby.

It's not.

Anyone interested in a separate thread on what makes a hobby? I know I am!   😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

HOLD UP THE FLASHPOINT ARTICLES ARE LORE!?

They add more info of the Broken Realms events. For example, the Neferata story we can read in the last WD, extend the ending of the conclusions for Death faction and prepares them for the events coming later.

I had a dream last night that it was preview day, and me and my friends were back in a school for some reason and a GW employee came in to the room and gave us a surprise. He said you can either go to the AOS 3.0 preview, or instead a special secret reveal. 

I thought, hey I'll just see the starter set anyway let's see this secret reveal. So we got transported by bus to separate halls and sat down for the reveals. 

All we got were some comical aliens, proper cartoon pixar style in red jumpsuits and like 3 eyes. 

Then it turns out I couldn't even find out what the AOS 3.0 one was like, as you were forbidden from leaking from either preview. 

I had been duped, utterly bamboozled. Even in my dreams I couldn't see the starter set 😢, but is it odd the strangest take from that dream was that my friends were there and actually liked Warhammer? 😂 At least Xenos finally got a release. Hope yall like red jumpsuit Pixar aliens. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I like the idea of it as a named rule that could call back to this mechanic, but only if it functions very differently. Maybe it could be a buff that stems from rivalries but will result in d3 mortal wounds... creating a risk reward mechanic resulting from infighting. Or it could instead be a balance mechanic tied to command abilities where the Orruks/Grots feel animosity to their general if they do not share certain subfaction keywords, requiring the player to roll to see if the Orruks/Grots will take orders. So even though I agree the old rules are terrible and should stay gone they could be adapted into something fluffy and either tactically interesting or possibly better balanced. Also to clarify these are not the best examples as I am very clearly not a great rules writer... I just like when they are able to take ideas that didn't work well and tweak them into something enjoyable. 

I think something along these lines could be fun. I dont think army rules should always be just buffing the army and force u to play in the same way every time. It could just add some flavour to the army as well. I get that some people want tournament rules to be better than the next army but thats not for me. I just want some casual fluffy and fun games. I've had some of the best times playing whfb where some orcs and gobbos started fighting and a troll started drooling while a hellcanon misfired/ exloded and killed itself with all kinds of artillery fire bouncing around through infantry lines and have them fleeing from battle. It was chaos in its best form. I am hoping some of these things find its way back to aos 3.0.

(i know whfb also had a lot of crappy things going on but these were to good ones imo)

Edited by Iksdee
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dreddships said:

Admech Codex, Datacards and Dice have been limited to 10 per Alchemists Workshop.

Seems GW really is getting thrown by the foreign production. 

Hopefully the AOS releases arent too badly affected?

Wonder if Dominion might take a hit bc of the rulebook?

I think it's a general production issue rather than a specifically overseas production issue.  AoS wise we should be fine overall, I would imagine they've stockpiled a fairly hefty amount of AoS3.

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Anyone interested in a separate thread on what makes a hobby? I know I am!   😁

+++ MOD HAT +++ Well it's a topic that doesn't belong in the rumour thread...  Just remember this is an AoS forum 😉