The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

He's just being obtuse about whether or not it's still legal to use in matched play. It's obvious that it's been replaced and won't receive any further support, but until GW releases some kind of FAQ or errata, technically it will still be usable, but if I'm remembering the rules right, you'd have to use the updated warscrolls and points.

ohhh i see, sorry for being dumb

This is what annoys me with GW. I moved into painting stuff up for some other games, as even though I love AoS there is a few things that pushed me away from it (not counting the insane work load I've had over the 61 weeks of the 2 week lockdown I've been stuck in)

Cursed city seemed to now just be a ploy to push people to buy the new kits in higher priced, but smaller offerings. Make a tempted big set that hardly anyone is able to get, let them all get annoyed at scalpers, then the GW prices don't look so bad.

Then there's the new start collecting kit. I'm hoping we see some leaked prices quickly, but I've been warning my group the last few weeks that start collectings are on the way out (IMO of course), I've spent a small fortune grabbing the almost all the last ones I've been wanting/needing just in case. Just one more to go (if it comes back into stock that is!). Then I see they've kept the start collecting, but I'm honestly expecting this one to be priced like the combat patrols (€100+) as thats over a €100 of troops before you add in the wight king. I'm not so worried with this set- I always though GraveGuard were over priced anyway, so I've been using other company skeletons as the bog standard and then the GW skeletons from the start collecting as my grave guard. So I own no actual GG and I can always do with more black knights/hex wraiths. But to lock the new character behind an old kit paywall is awful. Yes, I've heard the argument that these are 'start collectings' meant for new players, but there will be many that have tons of the old kits but wanted the one new one. Yes, the wight will come on its own but that could be months or even a year away- they've not done a good job getting the new characters from the 2 army sets they've been doing the last 4 years.

I'm not impressed with the release of cursed city, but this release does at least contain the two kits I really, really wanted from the whole game, I will probably buy it reluctantly. But I will less inclined to buy any kits/games like this in future.

I'd really hoped that the last broken realms book was coming this week, so I could grab it whilst my own hype for it is still high. I loved Morathis book but had no interest in Teclis, so skipped it and without Teclis I skipped Be'lakor as well.

Those new wolves are ace though. Going to find as many excuses as I can to paint quite the number of them. The one being eaten by the crow is my favourite model to come out this year (so far)

One big question remains though:

Who‘s been killing all these wolves for all those millennia? (WHF up until now)?

it must be some Dark Entety REALLY hating wolves. Cat-God-Monster confirmed? :D

Or were all these wolves once ridden by Goblins (who obviously die, because that’s what Goblins do xD)?

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Haha 3

i am surprise that Rakudar the wolf and his court are separate sets considering that they are one unit in the game.

in fact why does wolf Rakudar not have his own separate profile, he the only miniature in Cursed City that doesn't share a sprue with the other models

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

Just now, novakai said:

i am surprise that Rakudar the wolf and his court as separate sets considering that they are one unit in the game.

in fact why does wolf Rakudar not have his own separate profile, he the only miniature in Cursed City that doesn't share a sprue with the other models

I'm reaaallly hoping that they get separate points now, since the whole argument of "you don't want good units locked behind a sidegame" is 100% dead now. And as you said, if they keep things as they are, then you won't be able to run Radukar or his court without buying the other box.

Worst case scenario, we'll get some cool proxy models.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

One big question remains though:

Who‘s been killing all these wolves for all those millennia? (WHF up until now)?

it must be some Dark Entety REALLY hating wolves. Cat-God-Monster confirmed? :D

Or were all these wolves once ridden by Goblins (who obviously does, because that’s what Goblins do xD)?

liam-neeson-awesome_1.jpg?w=990

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

Some synergies in the book seem really crazy. Not too sure about how people were so tepid on it earlier.
Skeleton Warrior spam appears to have fallen by the wayside, but Blood Knight, Grave Guard, Dire Wolf lists really seem to have promise and maybe even the usually jokey monster mash option.

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Since cancelling City, all references to the models and in-lore stuff has completely left out references to the game.

They are really trying to erase it. I am very curious to one day find out what the story behind them killing it is.

I really get the feeling its a legal dispute - hence they can't talk about it etc..like copyright infringement. Until its resolved they can't do anything with it- only thing that makes sense to me.

2 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person that actually likes Graveguard. I think GW accidentally made that box specifically for me.

Oh I love them too- fantastic models, I have a big unit painted up in my old VC army. 

3 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Is Lady Annika multi-options (different arms) or have they just updated the sculpt since the first preview? 

Looks like multi option arms. Fantastic sculpt , very tempted to pick her up as a painting project.. the whole Soul blight release is really well sculpted.. must resist...

• Like 2

Nothing so far in terms of CC having copyright infringement lines up.

The 'Mournhold Elder Scrolls' or 'Blizzard and the Imps' stuff would make sense but Bethesda have no copyright on Mournhold and the Imp is way too generic for it to be an IP issue. 

Its also clearly none of the Death characters, which leaves out the Gorslav rumour.

Likely, its the much less sexy issue of paper production, UK rules on tariffs and rules of origin and likely GW, understanding they want to keep the 'made in the UK stamp', deciding to can it. 

Mixed in with covid delays and GW needing to get product out quickly to catch back up to schedule - 3.0 for example - Cursed City got a chop.

GW, being GW, doesn't like admitting when business takes over the hobby decision, so CC gets a big 'do not speak of this' label slapped over it - but it's pretty clear that everyone at the bottom - in marketing and the community team or in retail - were left out just as much as we were.

Executives being the rich hidden creatures they are obviously don't want their own company badmouthing them - so its not like those who do know can say anything too.

We'll find out one day what happened and it looks like it's far less 'sexy' than an oversight with copyright or GW wanting to be a villain - likely just the people at the top making decisions that the everyman gets forced to deal with. 

It's happened before - our entire game came from an up-top decision to overthrow WFB entirely for a financial incentive.

TLDR : the minis will come, executives make calls for business, dont hate on the everyman, the CC fiasco will go unanswered for as long as we dont have someone 'in the know' say something in a pub or leave and admit what happened

• Thanks 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

To be fair, i think they where force to release this part of the CC Set because they where in the Gravelord battletome and they just following their No model, No rule policy but with if we publish rules for them we have to make the model purchasable in some form.

they did this for Indomitus for the same exact reason because Indomitus has a lot of units that where not avaliable to buy once the box went no longer avaliable and where not in the recruit/ command editions so they had to release them separately as well

Sam (the AoS Labs guy) mentioned in his video that in 3.0 there'd be rules to try and prevent spamming units. A hard cap on using the same type of units, and some kind of system that limits unit size depending on how large other units are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

To be fair, i think they where force to release this part of the CC Set because they where in the Gravelord battletome and they just following their No model, No rule policy but with if we publish rules for them we have to make the model purchasable in some form.

they did this for Indomitus for the same exact reason because Indomitus has a lot of units that where not avaliable to buy once the box went no longer avaliable and where not in the recruit/ command editions so they had to release them separately as well

They could have put something like 'we know a lot of you were disappointed when you missed these models previously and we wanted you to have them as part of the new book, so we've released them as a single set/two sets'. They mentioned the city they are from but can't even pop up a half hearted apology or even acknowledge there is an issue with the models being sold out so quick.

Whilst there might be some reason that they can't mention it, but saying nothing they appear to be just sweeping it under the carpet. Does make me chuckle when the last share holders report mentions something about them needing to do better when they don't do right by their customers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pitzok said:

image.png.037e9f61c230474f5248fc747864f562.png

well, i'm not seeing any legions of nagash here so i guess it got replaced by soulblight + they don't sell the LoN battletome anymore

Fair enough, but still, no "this book replaces that book" statement from them, right?

1 hour ago, Nos said:

Absolute Baller Move releasing the Cursed City models without even mentioning Cursed City

What's there for Games Workshop to say about Cursed City that is going to help this sell these new releases? Do you want them say something FOMO like, "Check out these models previously from one of our fastest selling box sets: Cursed City.  Which sold out almost immediately. Be sure to pre-order yours May 22 early."

Games Workshop is in the business of selling models. On their end from a certain point of view, Cursed City was a huge success selling out so fast. I can't really see a scenario where bringing that up selling the same models but asking for more money assists in the selling of said models that isn't going to result in even more sore feelings from fans/ex-fans still paying attention to GW over not saying anything at all.

2 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

He's just being obtuse about whether or not it's still legal to use in matched play. It's obvious that it's been replaced and won't receive any further support, but until GW releases some kind of FAQ or errata, technically it will still be usable, but if I'm remembering the rules right, you'd have to use the updated warscrolls and points.

No, not at all, but thank you very much for the insult!

I'm genuinely trying to figure out if GW themselves have actually informed the player base that this new product, with a name completely different, with contents that are not simple updates but actual new entries, renders obsolete an entire Battletome and all armies built using it.

5 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Fair enough, but still, no "this book replaces that book" statement from them, right?

Actually some one commented on their Facebook page which they also commented stating it was the new book going forward 

D22B2CA2-C242-4718-98C3-E2D4C28396A3.png

Edited by Deakz28
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1