The Rumour Thread

35 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The lack of a Vargskyrs and Vyrkos, nevermind the Grave Guard not being updated, scream releases that will be out in the near future.

In my opinion it would be a shame not to add more undead Ogors, Vampire Infantry like the Bloodborn and Vargskyrs to the army. Those models were so well received by the community that not making them would be stupid :)

• Like 8

I didn't follow the news close enough about the soulblight army but can someone tell me:

- what previous death units can be played and are they ok/good/lame in this BT ? (I have LoN army and FEC already and mortarchs and lord on zombidragon).

- Reciprocally : what are the soulblight new units that can be played in LoN/FEC/death army ?
I don't know yet if I'll buy new stuff except the knights and skeletons, and maybe some leader/lord...dunno. 

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

I didn't follow the news close enough about the soulblight army but can someone tell me:

- what previous death units can be played and are they ok/good/lame in this BT ? (I have LoN army and FEC already and mortarchs and lord on zombidragon).

- Reciprocally : what are the soulblight new units that can be played in LoN/FEC/death army ?
I don't know yet if I'll buy new stuff except the knights and skeletons, and maybe some leader/lord...dunno. 

Legion of nagash is gone, Soulblight is the new legion of nagash 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Legion of Negash lite, no ethereal unit or any of the classic ones VC even had: black coach, spirit host, wraith and banshee.

so not really LoN

well, yes, it isn't LoN, it's Soulblight Gravelords

12 minutes ago, pitzok said:

well, yes, it isn't LoN, it's Soulblight Gravelords

The point is that it’s the new LoN because they said so, it actually isn’t a representation of the soup that was the LoN at the time. A new LoN would be all encompassing soup of all death factions. This is more or less hamfisted bats zombies and skeletons

30 minutes ago, HanShot First said:

What do you guys think Slaves to Darkness will get in 3.0? New marauders? Chaos dragon?

I'd guess multi-part Warriors and Knights as a minimum. Chaos Lord on Karkadrak might get it's own box, but will probably be the same kit.

They'd be pretty crazy not to update the (on-foot) Marauders at this time, but they might want to keep trying to push the Warcry Cultists on people instead, although after Skeletons and Zombies were revamped I just don't see them leaving them out to dry beyond that.

Chosen are similarly ancient, so I could seem either as a dual-kit with the Warriors or in a 5-model 'elite' box, visually closer to the Varangard.

They always seem to want a big, new, flashy centrepiece these days, but I don't see Chaos getting Dragons back. 

Maybe the Hellcanon will return- sorry, Hellrainer Daemoncannon.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

So with the bug push into Ghur this edition, does anyone think we're going to be seeing more Ghur specific units popping up in other armies?  For example, we've got the new beast hunter angel for Stormcast, and the Vengorian Lord and the Mother of Nightmares are either from Ghur or heavily influenced from there in Soulblight.  So are we going to see these narrative nods in other armies?

• Like 3

A thing I'm interested in is where the next season of underworlds takes place. Shadespire released during first edition of AoS but took place in a city placed in shyish. Beastgrave is in ghur and boom, 3rd ed is in that realm. The realm also seems to be switching every two seasons, so it would be logical if in 5th season we again switched location to a one in the realm on which 4th ed will take place. I personally hope for Ulgu or Ghyran

• Like 3

I really do think that hopes of a second wave are either wishful thinking applied to situations we’ve seen before (there was so much they could have done for StD that they just didn’t, much like SBGL but they didn’t get another wave) or even misplaced optimism applied to stuff that wouldn’t change anyway: look at the bad/iffy warscrolls from the Lumineth release, none of them were changed. There’s no reason to take poorly written Wight King and etc scrolls as evidence of anything other than sloppiness.

I’m not seeing anything convincing or more than incredulousness at GW’s actions re: Cursed City and doing the same sort of limited options stuff AoS has had since the very start.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

A thing I'm interested in is where the next season of underworlds takes place. Shadespire released during first edition of AoS but took place in a city placed in shyish. Beastgrave is in ghur and boom, 3rd ed is in that realm. The realm also seems to be switching every two seasons, so it would be logical if in 5th season we again switched location to a one in the realm on which 4th ed will take place. I personally hope for Ulgu or Ghyran

That's a good catch!  It wouldn't necessarily have to point to the focal point of the new edition, but the stories of the beastgrave mountain (likely where Kragnos will emerge from, if I understand correctly) and Shadespire (where Sigvald broke out of and lots of soul-shenanigans happened) both pointed to at least some new models and major story beats.  So far underworlds is 2-0 predicting new editions lol!  I will mention though that underworlds seems to change locations every 2 years (so far but we'll see with season 5) and AoS does new editions every 3 years, so it seems like that would have to break down eventually, right?  

Regardless I'm sure season 5's location will point to something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

well if Adam and Eddie  where correct on the livestream that we are getting two previews this month,

the first one should be announce today and maybe a possible tease?

Welp never mind,

side note: I think they forgot to release the Medusi Ironscale sepetately

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zamerion said:

No semminar/preview next week?

Nope. But i have a storng suspect on when the next one will be....

https://ageofsigmar.com/?utm_source=WarhammerCommunity&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=AoS11052021&utm_content=AoS11052021

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zamerion said:

No semminar/preview next week?

I think they meant 2 previews including the one we got already.

5 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Looks like i'm not getting Wight Knight anytime soon....