The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

It's fun to not have to worry about not having 'meta' weapons, but I wonder if this will simplify things a bit too much. Although honestly, as I'm only someone who plays the game casually, it probably won't have much effect for me, but I can imagine the more competetively minded grimacing at the thought.

I just like it for melee heroes since it means I can give them whatever weapon I want without having to worry about WYSIWYG. I Have four Loonbosses (maybe a bit much for regular play) but I never have to sit down and explain what his loadout is. One has a lance like a dismounted Boingrot, one has a large scrap metal mace, another has a sword and shield, and the last is a classic metal one with a large axe. It's all the same 3 attack, 3+, 3+, -1 rend, D3 damage profile, and the specific weapon can be represented with a relic (Leering Gitshield, Backstabbing Blade, etc).

In 40k sometimes I have to sit down and explain "Well you see this shotgun my Warboss is carrying is a Kustom Shoota and not a Twin Boomstick, his hook hand is actually a power klaw, the knife-wielding Grot on his shoulder is his Attack Squig, the choppa on his hip is decorative, and while I didn't model him with 2 sluggas as to not clutter the model the base profile has them."

I understand my viewpoint is pretty dumb, and when it comes to normal units I like my varied weapon options, but I like the simplicity of picking static hero profiles so I can go nuts with conversions. Converting heroes/HQs is my favorite part.

• Like 13

I see that the new skeletons and zombies are $60 for 20 models.

Witch elves would like to have a word with the GW pricing team. We have the exact same base size and are taken in similar unit sizes, are an older kit, but somehow cost double the real life monies.

Edited by Ggom
  • Like 3

On 5/15/2021 at 2:54 PM, Scythian said:

They claimed there was charge reactions.....true

They claimed there was going to be Stormcast vs Destruction.....true

They claimed a summer AoS 3.0 release......true

So far, a pretty good track record.

This has not yet been confirmed or even hinted at from official sources (aka the Warhammer Community website)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ggom said:

I see that the new skeletons and zombies are $60 for 20 models.

Witch elves would like to have a word with the GW pricing team. We have the exact same base size and are taken in similar unit sizes, are an older kit, but somehow cost double the real life monies.

Witch elves is a real multi component kit that  give you also an alternative build as sisters of slaugther : 5 sprues all together. 

Skeletons and zombies are basically monopose with just 2 sprues.Mould costs is probably half than Witch elves.

3 hours ago, Saï.Gonn said:

3 hours ago, Saï.Gonn said:

Is it a reference the these miniatures which are behind (it seems that a miniature is carried) :

WH.jpg

These look like new grave guards models imo. Perhaps soulblight might get the LRL, HoS treatment and see a second wave later? 

Edited by Sigmarusvult

15 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

These look like new grave guards models imo. Perhaps soulblight might get the LRL, HoS treatment and see a second wave later? 

I would not be surprised if this was the case. New Grave Guard, Black Knights, and a mounted Vampire Lord seem like a given tbh. Also I really hope they get some on-foot vampire troops (like the blood-born) and big zombie guys (like the Kosargi), but given the Cursed City incident it’s doubtful as to whether that’ll happen.

• Like 3

It would be really weird for them to hide new grave guard in an image from a month ago for a release down the line after a battletome release with a sizeable amount of new plastic kits. Holding stuff back is one thing, previewing and holding it back is another.

Honestly I’ve not seen anything to reasonably suggest a second wave for SBGL other than “well, they did it for these two armies that were basically half-armies at launch”. There’s no obvious huge gaps (plenty of factions are missing mounted lords that could accompany cool new cavalry units) or signs that a chunk of the SBGL range is MIA. Disappointment over design choices and missed opportunities, yes, but nothing that would plausibly be fixed by an updated battletome or barrage of new releases in 6 months. I don’t think it’s coming.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I just like it for melee heroes since it means I can give them whatever weapon I want without having to worry about WYSIWYG. I Have four Loonbosses (maybe a bit much for regular play) but I never have to sit down and explain what his loadout is. One has a lance like a dismounted Boingrot, one has a large scrap metal mace, another has a sword and shield, and the last is a classic metal one with a large axe. It's all the same 3 attack, 3+, 3+, -1 rend, D3 damage profile, and the specific weapon can be represented with a relic (Leering Gitshield, Backstabbing Blade, etc).

In 40k sometimes I have to sit down and explain "Well you see this shotgun my Warboss is carrying is a Kustom Shoota and not a Twin Boomstick, his hook hand is actually a power klaw, the knife-wielding Grot on his shoulder is his Attack Squig, the choppa on his hip is decorative, and while I didn't model him with 2 sluggas as to not clutter the model the base profile has them."

I understand my viewpoint is pretty dumb, and when it comes to normal units I like my varied weapon options, but I like the simplicity of picking static hero profiles so I can go nuts with conversions. Converting heroes/HQs is my favorite part.

This is the reason I have 20 dudes with like 100ish magnets in 40k and then said never again I am waiting for new weapon upgrade rules (going from one edition to another GW has just updated [read buff] just some weapons and factions and other factions are stuck with old battletomes and old weapon loadouts that are less powerful) and my hobby project is stuck with 40 dudes sitting on my shelf just torsos/heads/legs without the limbs. Hate that. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

2 waves with just some months of difference for armies would be the worst idea possible If it will became the standard for GW releases.

I don't think you need worry. Lumineth was clearly half a book when it released. This is clearly not the case for the Soulblight.  People have said that the sisters for 40k are following that model but it will have been more than 2 years between codexes with a new edition in between. I don't think the new Stormcast or destruction will be split, though we may see an underworlds warband for each. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

It would be really weird for them to hide new grave guard in an image from a month ago for a release down the line after a battletome release with a sizeable amount of new plastic kits. Holding stuff back is one thing, previewing and holding it back is another.

Honestly I’ve not seen anything to reasonably suggest a second wave for SBGL other than “well, they did it for these two armies that were basically half-armies at launch”. There’s no obvious huge gaps (plenty of factions are missing mounted lords that could accompany cool new cavalry units) or signs that a chunk of the SBGL range is MIA. Disappointment over design choices and missed opportunities, yes, but nothing that would plausibly be fixed by an updated battletome or barrage of new releases in 6 months. I don’t think it’s coming.

I hear you but then what are these models in the background ? At first I thought they were the new skeletons warriors but then in the picture they seem to carry huge hallebardes with their two hands, which none of the new skeletons are doing, hence why I assume it could be new grave guards.  I don't know anything I'm just trying to understand what those things are.

3 hours ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Hope so, but doubt it. It’s not like Lumineth where you have a half book. It’s everything inside. And a new book for what? New models that will replace old ones? Don’t think so

Edited by Erdemo86

Considering the Slaanesh Twins are going to be coming out a couple of months post-Hedonite tome, I don't think the precedent of seeing new Soulblight stuff shortly after release is that inconceivable, especially if GW are going to be putting out 40k-esq 'Warzone' books during 3.0.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

It would be really weird for them to hide new grave guard in an image from a month ago for a release down the line after a battletome release with a sizeable amount of new plastic kits.

Clearing stock. Especially since GG are the only real hammer unit in SBGL (they‘re good now!)

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Considering the Slaanesh Twins are going to be coming out a couple of months post-Hedonite tome, I don't think the precedent of seeing new Soulblight stuff shortly after release is that inconceivable, especially if GW are going to be putting out 40k-esq 'Warzone' books during 3.0.

Yeah I could see Soulblight getting another wave in a year or so. There isn't much in the way of AoS flavour there other than the heroes- maybe foot/flying vamp troops and a mounted vamp lord. The look like they might be designing a whole range all at once and then splitting the range up, but delivering them sooner so they aren't creating the micro factions. Its only a pain from the battle tome side of things, I'd prefer to see my army get an update sooner rather than later whenever something I like gets released rather than wait 4+ years for an update. If they aren't introducing as many new factions they could also get back to expanding the existing ones sooner too. a double expansion of most factions would be excellent. I'd love to see where they take KO and dwarfs generally .

• Like 3

with the rate of change model wise, I'd be happy to have battletomes containing mainly fluff and things like batallions, traits and atefacts and leave out the warscrolls, keeping them app and download based, really just using it to advance the storyline for that faction.

Then you can keep releasing lines whilst minimising the perception that  your battletome is already out of date.

Of course, you're never going to win, as if you release it all in one wave, people complain that they've received nothing in six months or 12 months time, and if you don't and just tease it, you  end up with the twins scenario.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah I could see Soulblight getting another wave in a year or so. There isn't much in the way of AoS flavour there other than the heroes- maybe foot/flying vamp troops and a mounted vamp lord. The look like they might be designing a whole range all at once and then splitting the range up, but delivering them sooner so they aren't creating the micro factions. Its only a pain from the battle tome side of things, I'd prefer to see my army get an update sooner rather than later whenever something I like gets released rather than wait 4+ years for an update. If they aren't introducing as many new factions they could also get back to expanding the existing ones sooner too. a double expansion of most factions would be excellent. I'd love to see where they take KO and dwarfs generally .

The lack of a Vargskyrs and Vyrkos, nevermind the Grave Guard not being updated, scream releases that will be out in the near future.

Judging by the success of Lumineth's second wave, no doubt they think they're onto a winner - people will complain and buy it anyway, such is the GW fan way I guess.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I don't think you need worry. Lumineth was clearly half a book when it released. This is clearly not the case for the Soulblight.

I really don't think this is all that clear. I don't necessarily expect a second wave for Soulblight, but there are some weird gaps in the new book you can point to. No endless spells or terrain, all the models they teased but did not follow through on with Cursed City (bat and rat swarms, vyrkos bloodborn, kosargi nightguard, zombie hero...) and the joke warscrolls of the Wight King and Black Knights to name a few.

My problem with Soulblight Gravelords is that zombies and Deathrattle didn't receive enough models. These new are just great but I think that this army lacks other zombie and skeleton heroes and elites. Something like Gothizzar Harvester. And heroes like Gorslav who should have been released outside CC box. That's when I can consider Gravelords again. Current range, especially heroes is not my taste.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feii said:

This is the reason I have 20 dudes with like 100ish magnets in 40k and then said never again I am waiting for new weapon upgrade rules (going from one edition to another GW has just updated [read buff] just some weapons and factions and other factions are stuck with old battletomes and old weapon loadouts that are less powerful) and my hobby project is stuck with 40 dudes sitting on my shelf just torsos/heads/legs without the limbs. Hate that. 

100%. I just glue em on and say f*&$ it if its not optimal. I would prefer not having to worry about the weapon profiles unless it’s something general, like - spears for range, or lances for charge bonus. Too much choice beyond that creates analysis paralysis haha

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ggom said:

100%. I just glue em on and say f*&$ it if its not optimal. I would prefer not having to worry about the weapon profiles unless it’s something general, like - spears for range, or lances for charge bonus. Too much choice beyond that creates analysis paralysis haha

I'm with you guys 100% of this!