The Rumour Thread

21 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Genuinely curious, what makes you say that?

Honestly it's kinda just a personal opinion. It seems to me like they are trying to bring aos more thematically in line with old whfb. So it's a sort of nobledark world where there is a lot of grim stuff but the heroes have a chance.

A lot of newish releases, gloomspite, lumineth, gravelords have had units that are modern interpretations of iconic WHFB units. 

The new stormcast seem to clearly be an aesthetic shift from when they were first introduced. They look like humans in armour now, rather than fantasy space marines.

See how the slightly comic book style dark oath never got a full release, instead we got remakes of chaos warriors.

My view is the people in charge of aos now feel confident of making it closely resemble the good parts of WHFB that people loved, I.e flavour, main characters,  iconic units while using the flexibility of aos to introduce whatever they think is cool.

The aos setting as it is now allows them to finally unite all the great WHFB stuff while having the creative freedom to introduce factions like Idoneth, Karadron etc that wouldn't have fit in the old world.

• Like 22

Hold on a sec....boyz is the term used for orcs usually.

Not even Hobgoblin does iirc.

What If it is a complete armi with all the type of greenskins?

@HollowHillsi'd say the other day round about nobledark...whfb had always the grimdark tone of "chaos will win in the end",aos intsead ha more brightness.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

20 hours ago, Carnelian said:

One word: DWEENCLAW

Screenshot_20210514-220639_Ecosia.jpg

This is the best model GW has ever sculpted. Anyone who disagrees with me will be the first against the wall when the crustaceans rise.

Idoneth clearly need a 2nd wave with only sea creatures, crabs, squid, octopus etc 

If GW do not oblige they are leaving good money on the table.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

8 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Generally speaking, Greenskinz don’t usually use “C” for pronunciation, so maybe replace that with another letter.

Warclans may have new members! I doubt IJ will like these new lads!

Swamp maybe not the place for gitmob though, sadly

Time to watch Lotr and Hobbit again ! Visually speaking Hobbit maybe a little bit more modern 

White orks, then? Kruulboyz? Sounds allright.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

So my own theory trying to put things together.

In the Orruks Warclan book it describes the birth cycle of orruks, much like fungus. They need dark damp places to grow and then spawn pale, scrawny orruks with red eyes, that live in gloom and shadow until they're big enough to move out and join the rest of the warclans. 

What if the new race are simply orruks that never evolve past that scrawny creepy greenskinz and stick to the swamps and fens. 

We could still get more traditional orruks in the future for Ironjawz/Bonesplitterz, but we'd also have these halfway stage greenskinz. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

This is the best model GW has ever sculpted. Anyone who disagrees with me will be the first against the wall when the crustaceans rise.

Idoneth clearly need a 2nd wave with only sea creatures, crabs, squid, octopus etc 

If GW do not oblige they are leaving good money on the table.

Given all the positive reaction to it over the reveal I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if a designer is now furiously working away at the concept art. Might take a while but I'd be very surprised if GW doesn't at least try to cash in on that at some point.

1 hour ago, Grim Beasties said:

From AoS Facebook

FB_IMG_1621098775088.jpg

New Units: Newborns of Behemat, little gargants the size of a rhino who crawl on the battlefield exploring the world with their mouth, like babies do. Their tiny teeth are growing, and they need to chew on heads!

...sadly it would be a bit too much morbid to be able to blast a baby out of the game with a rocket battery.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Televiper11 said:

The SBGL novel was gone in 60 sec, same with the ltd ed art print set. I really hate their pre-order system that requires lightning reflex perfection.

It’s still available on the UK GW website

11 minutes ago, Grotbag Scuttlers When said:

New Units: Newborns of Behemat, little gargants the size of a rhino who crawl on the battlefield exploring the world with their mouth, like babies do. Their tiny teeth are growing, and they need to chew on heads!

...sadly it would be a bit too much morbid to be able to blast a baby out of the game with a rocket battery.

In all fairness, a lot of Ork Boyz are essentially infants and they get blasted into chunky salsa all the time. Maybe it's different because they're having fun?

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Ooooh, I like that! I think a gang of gangly goblinoids covered in the grime and filth of the swamps would be sufficiently creepy to fit the teaser!

And a BIG second on getting more Troggoths! Playing with a Troggoth-only list made me feel the joy of krumpin' smaller gits I assume every Destruction player feels in their brutal but cunning (or possibly cunning but brutal) hearts...if only I would have named myself Public Universal Trogg!

As one of many representatives from the Aelven factions, let me offer my praise and welcome to Public Universal Trogg. 

Public Universal Duardin is dead!

Long live Public Universal Trogg!

• Haha 2

So it's supposed to be a preview this Saturday isn't it? They said we have 2 previews this month. One will be when the counter of AoS web goes down and then we have next Saturday for the first.

What will it be? Teaser of the new race and teaser of the box next saturday?

For 40k they have a lot not sell. Sisters of battle, mechanicus battltome... so as some boxed games.

Maybe next saturday full gravelords models and reveal the new faction?

When will be BR:Kragnos go out? Whith that book we will see a lot of models on preorder (maybe they don't make army boxes because of that?)

Will GW put on preorder kragnos and tease the new box the same weekend? I feel there's a lot to reveal that might make people wait and don't buy those models because of the new 3.0 box...

I see too much things left and too soon a possible reveal of the box. But maybe I'm wrong, and I hope so.

16 hours ago, FFJump said:

People were saying this didn't really match a wolf's paw. Now it makes more sense if its not just a regular wolf.

Wolf Paw.jpg

99120218038_CelestialDrocolines01.jpg

It seems dracoline 's paw to me

This is probably new stormcast archer unit

2020-11-10.jpg

• Like 3

I don't know how I feel about the 'weapons are mostly visual' Warscrolls that're coming out of the Soulblight. Presumably this is going to be the norm going forward, so things like Vulkite Pickaxe or Axe choices won't matter beyond the visual.

Whilst it's going to be nice that you won't necessarily have to worry about building a kit how you'd like it and then going onto Discord with fifty people screaming it's not the meta option and therefore you need to strip the glue and replace them immediately, I feel like it's going to lose a degree of flavour and recognisability to things like halberds/spears having the exact same reach as a shortsword.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I don't know how I feel about the 'weapons are mostly visual' Warscrolls that're coming out of the Soulblight. Presumably this is going to be the norm going forward, so things like Vulkite Pickaxe or Axe choices won't matter beyond the visual.

Whilst it's going to be nice that you won't necessarily have to worry about building a kit how you'd like it and then going onto Discord with fifty people screaming it's not the meta option and therefore you need to strip the glue and replace them immediately, I feel like it's going to lose a degree of flavour and recognisability to things like halberds/spears having the exact same reach as a shortsword.

Personally I like that sort of design for heroes because it makes conversions and proxies easier. There's no reason your Vampire Lord needs to be like the new one, it could be bloodline-themed ones from the Crimson Court, or you make your own custom lord.

I don't think I like it for infantry though. I like my Pokin' Spears and Stabbas as separate options, even if the different is mostly negligible in most cases.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Honestly it's kinda just a personal opinion. It seems to me like they are trying to bring aos more thematically in line with old whfb. So it's a sort of nobledark world where there is a lot of grim stuff but the heroes have a chance.

A lot of newish releases, gloomspite, lumineth, gravelords have had units that are modern interpretations of iconic WHFB units. 

The new stormcast seem to clearly be an aesthetic shift from when they were first introduced. They look like humans in armour now, rather than fantasy space marines.

See how the slightly comic book style dark oath never got a full release, instead we got remakes of chaos warriors.

My view is the people in charge of aos now feel confident of making it closely resemble the good parts of WHFB that people loved, I.e flavour, main characters,  iconic units while using the flexibility of aos to introduce whatever they think is cool.

The aos setting as it is now allows them to finally unite all the great WHFB stuff while having the creative freedom to introduce factions like Idoneth, Karadron etc that wouldn't have fit in the old world.

I mean, just look at the mounted Wight King
Lady Annika too, I think I saw someone find art resembling her from decades back.

Soulblight really feels like Vampire Counts 2, Vykros has a feel resembling Kislev. But you also get things out there like Avengorii.
GW seems to be turning the dial back and forth settling on some blend of how things were with how the new stuff is. Same with Lumineth, you can see, now with the full release, where High Elves start and something new begins.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So, I wasn't necessarily too excited about the mysterious destruction faction at first. I already have Ironjawz, and I got Bonesplitterz because they were in the book and the models looked like they'd be fun. However, some of the talk, hints, and suggestions around here has got me wondering if this "new breed of evil" isn't just going to get bundled into Orruk Warclans, in which case I'm much more interested.

My personal wishlist is for Ironjawz to get an expansion, but at the same time, they're really kinda perfect just as they are. Just give me that Megaboss on Goregrunta (or, you know, a big ol' squig . . .) and I'll be happy.  Still, if these new destruction guys are the next wave of Warclans, I can get behind that.

I'm already planning to get the big ol' box when it comes out - just for the Stormcast. But if it ends up having models for two of the factions I already own, well, I certainly won't complain.

And if not, I'll let decide whether or not I like the models and figure out what to do with them from there.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

I agree that Ironjawz are basically perfect. Every unit has a role and fills it well. Brutes just need a little tweak to be more of a blender than they currently are. I’d only add one or two units to the range, like a Megaboss on Gore-Grunta and maybe some Stone Chuckaz

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Lady Annika too, I think I saw someone find art resembling her from decades back.

Soulblight really feels like Vampire Counts 2, Vykros has a feel resembling Kislev. But you also get things out there like Avengorii.
GW seems to be turning the dial back and forth settling on some blend of how things were with how the new stuff is. Same with Lumineth, you can see, now with the full release, where High Elves start and something new begins.

Yep, I wonder if its connected to the Old World- the new Vamps fit perfectly into VC, the core of Lumineth would fill in for high elves. Its probably because these core elements are what they see as "Warhammer" in design terms but it does leave a lot of room for crossover when the Old World gets released. 

1 hour ago, Indecisive said:

I think you are right about Lady Anika. Her pose, outfit, and mask resembles a vampire from the 7th edition army book, "The Silver Princess." Annika just has a nicer skincare routine than Layla of Copher, and a lot more hair. It's a cool callback.

Layla_Copher_Vampire_Counts_7th_Edition_illustration.jpg

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
Added photo of Silver Princess
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

The SBGL novel was gone in 60 sec, same with the ltd ed art print set. I really hate their pre-order system that requires lightning reflex perfection.

I was up early this morning for errands and was able to log in right when preorders went live. I thought I had the time wrong when I saw the novel was sold out and it wasn't even 1 minute past.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It's fun to not have to worry about not having 'meta' weapons, but I wonder if this will simplify things a bit too much. Although honestly, as I'm only someone who plays the game casually, it probably won't have much effect for me, but I can imagine the more competetively minded grimacing at the thought.

6 hours ago, Carnelian said:

As one of many representatives from the Aelven factions, let me offer my praise and welcome to Public Universal Trogg. 

Public Universal Duardin is dead!

Long live Public Universal Trogg!

As the Poster Formerly Known as Public Universal Duardin (or PFKPUD...now THAT is a mouthful!) I gracefully accept the invitation back to civilized Aelven grudgeless society, until White Dwarf articles and Black Library literature do us part.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

As the Poster Formerly Known as Public Universal Duardin (or PFKPUD...now THAT is a mouthful!) I gracefully accept the invitation back to civilized Aelven grudgeless society, until White Dwarf articles and Black Library literature do us part.

Welcome back!  Here is your razor so you may shave and rejoin polite society!

• Haha 2