The Rumour Thread

Okay maybe I am going mad after all this speculation, but I posted the last two speculation boards on Reddit and yesterday night I got a notification on my tablet regarding something like a "bubbling cauldron" and "stirring" written in cursive the message was longer but because it was just a notification I couldn't see the rest (the beginning of the message reminded me of a Poem). At this point it was really late so I wanted to read the notification in the next morning. After I have seen the grimdark live video today I wanted to look after the message because it sounded interesting regarding the last rumours but when I watched on my tablet the notification was there for a moment and then quickly disappeared. I have looked in my inbox there is also nothing. So maybe it is a technical bug or the moderators deleted the message or the person which posted this message deleted it himself. Either way I am going to put my Tin Foil hat on and stay hyped.

• Like 1

So the current belief is Hobbit-style greenskins, between orruks and grots. Sort of "lean orcs", I guess. Swamp or cavern dwellers. And the name of these friendly gits is "Cruelboys".

I wonder what will make them stand apart as a Destruction faction from Gloomspite and Warclans? Would they even be a separate faction, or an additional "third subtype" in Warclans?

Edited by Thalassic Monstrosity
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Perhaps these Morruks were shunned by regular Orruk society and retreated to the Swamps which made perfect breeding grounds? 

More Troggs!! Fellwater update, Sulphur Breath, Hill Troggoth, Mountain Troggoth, Ice Troggoth gimme gimme!!

Ooooh, I like that! I think a gang of gangly goblinoids covered in the grime and filth of the swamps would be sufficiently creepy to fit the teaser!

And a BIG second on getting more Troggoths! Playing with a Troggoth-only list made me feel the joy of krumpin' smaller gits I assume every Destruction player feels in their brutal but cunning (or possibly cunning but brutal) hearts...if only I would have named myself Public Universal Trogg!

• LOVE IT! 2

Oh no oh no they can't be called Cruel Boyz. Please no. It's completely against all AOS naming convention. Surely it will be the Kruulohr Lordboyz or something.

Edited by Dawnmane
brain remembered there was a bad joke to be made.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Ooooh, I like that! I think a gang of gangly goblinoids covered in the grime and filth of the swamps would be sufficiently creepy to fit the teaser!

And a BIG second on getting more Troggoths! Playing with a Troggoth-only list made me feel the joy of krumpin' smaller gits I assume every Destruction player feels in their brutal but cunning (or possibly cunning but brutal) hearts...if only I would have named myself Public Universal Trogg!

Yeah I think it works quite well together!! Almost like Smeagol retreating into the mountains and 'devolving' only instead of a River folk they are Orruks!!

We need more monsters and Troggoths are perfect to expand upon!!

13 hours ago, FFJump said:

People were saying this didn't really match a wolf's paw. Now it makes more sense if its not just a regular wolf.

Wolf Paw.jpg

Calling it. Dragon riders for stormcast. Thematically it makes sense to have the riders in the same ruins as angel lady.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grotbag Scuttlers When said:

I would unironically really like an evil swamp halfling army, maybe with a slight "Lord of the flies" theme

Halflings have always been seen as some kind of joke in most fantasy works. I mean, well, yeah often they kinda are, just look at WHFB and Blood Bowl heheh. But I'd totally love a more unique and even 'grimdark' take on the traditional halfling formula.

4 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

Oh no oh no they can't be called Cruel Boyz. Please no. 

I'm honestly not sure if that's gonna be the faction name, seems like NOTHING we have seen from GW so far in terms of AOS faction names. I can see a 'Cruel Boyz' unit, but as faction name? At least make it Machiavellian Guychumz, or something.

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah I think it works quite well together!! Almost like Smeagol retreating into the mountains and 'devolving' only instead of a River folk they are Orruks!!

We need more monsters and Troggoths are perfect to expand upon!!

Gollum and Orruks...maybe these will be called Golluks then? Smeagobs? 😄

• Haha 1

According to the teaser these guys sneak on groups of people to murder them. I don't see stinking/smelly monsters being able to do so like the water troggoths. I can see some kind of Gitz being smeared in dirt to smell exactly like the swamp as a form of camouflage tho.

Just now, Yoid said:

According to the teaser these guys sneak on groups of people to murder them. I don't see stinking/smelly monsters being able to do so like the water troggoths. I can see some kind of Gitz being smeared in dirt to smell exactly like the swamp as a form of camouflage tho.

Great, now I'm imagining goblins mimicking the ending of Predator and I don't know if the thought terrifies me or angers me - the latter because I know no matter what, I will never see this scene but between a Stormcast and a buffed up Gitmob.

• LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Halflings have always been seen as some kind of joke in most fantasy works. I mean, well, yeah often they kinda are, just look at WHFB and Blood Bowl heheh. But I'd totally love a more unique and even 'grimdark' take on the traditional halfling formula.

I'm honestly not sure if that's gonna be the faction name, seems like NOTHING we have seen from GW so far in terms of AOS faction names. I can see a 'Cruel Boyz' unit, but as faction name? At least make it Machiavellian Guychumz, or something.

Gollum and Orruks...maybe these will be called Golluks then? Smeagobs? 😄

If the Ghur map is anything to go off of, Morruks actually.

3 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I'd be happy with a nod towards more traditional fairie folk - Pixies, Redcaps, Brownies, Boggarts, and such like.  The fairy-tale motiff has appeared occasionally recently, especially since the Sons release.

1 hour ago, Grotbag Scuttlers When said:

I would unironically really like an evil swamp halfling army, maybe with a slight "Lord of the flies" theme

Your Posts kinda reminded me of the Magic the Gathering Shadowmoor set which got a more twisted approach to the classic faerie and goblin aesthetic.

1948911426_Shadowmoorart.jpg.d13d4cc8e12354e1bfb4528a7e8bcd0a.jpg

• Like 4