The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, FFJump said:

As a Chaos Dwarf fan, I disagree :D. I want more than anything for the "hobgobs" unit to be real. We haven't had models since 5th edition and they're insanely expensive now to get even one. If these even remotely look like hobgoblins and only carry the spirit of them, that's fine, I'll take them even if we have to have them shoved into another army to get them lol.

I hope TW WH3 and CA will yet again show that implementation is the key when it comes to popularity of niche factions. They have done it with Tomb Kings, Vampirates etc. Fingers crossed for thise chorfs.

1 hour ago, FFJump said:

As a Chaos Dwarf fan, I disagree :D. I want more than anything for the "hobgobs" unit to be real. We haven't had models since 5th edition and they're insanely expensive now to get even one. If these even remotely look like hobgoblins and only carry the spirit of them, that's fine, I'll take them even if we have to have them shoved into another army to get them lol.

I hope TW WH3 and CA will yet again show that implementation is the key when it comes to popularity of niche factions. They have done it with Tomb Kings, Vampirates etc. Fingers crossed for thise chorfs.

8 hours ago, Nagash42 said:

so grimdark live says the name of the new box is called Dominion. 

the goblinoid army is called the cruel boys/z?

they look like LOTR orcs so all mangled looking and such.

They have a unit called hobgobs who apparently trade to get weapons and armor from Chaos Dwarves!

Warboss is on a weird squig/wolf/bear critter

Shame with a black pot being stirred by a snotling. 

Ooh, I wonder if we could be seeing cross-GA alliances for hobgobs and furnace kings 😍

Just taken a look at the sprues of the skeletons and I have to say, I'm impressed. Me and probably a few other people like their models to be diverse, and it seems this kit is at least as good at giving you options as the previous one. Especially after buying the lumimeth spearmen which were advertised as multipart kit, but really only gave options for heads and shields, I was afraid we're moving fully towards monopose. Luckily that doesn't seem to be the case

Generally speaking, Greenskinz don’t usually use “C” for pronunciation, so maybe replace that with another letter.

Warclans may have new members! I doubt IJ will like these new lads!

Swamp maybe not the place for gitmob though, sadly

Time to watch Lotr and Hobbit again ! Visually speaking Hobbit maybe a little bit more modern 

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I've managed to resist buying any of it.

Thankfully.

I'll let the rush die down.

I'm still intent on making a totally usless army with just a vampire on zombie dragon leading a horde of skeletons with a wight king.

I'll need to convert or scratch build a zombie dragon as the current one is Nah and gash.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

More like slave units in the Chaos dwarves rooster XD  .

if only.  but we all know that's not going to happen. ☺️

We've been waiting longer than Sisters of Battle for legitimacy.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

6 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Generally speaking, Greenskinz don’t usually use “C” for pronunciation, so maybe replace that with another letter.

Time to rewatch Lotr and Hobbit, visually speaking Hobbit maybe a little bit more modern 

So... Kruel Boyz? That sounds like GW is going to drop the hottest rap album of 2021.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Time to watch Lotr and Hobbit again ! Visually speaking Hobbit maybe a little bit more modern 

if the new look is Gundabad and mordor or even nick lund Chronicle then I'm in.

here's one I drew earlier...

IMG_0966.jpg.54c3a1583f7054e190f4b84e6c5739b5.jpg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 7

1 minute ago, texhnology said:

The limited book was nicked from my cart, when I pressed checkout the button grayed out... i feel cheated...

Its like going to the store and have some one rip your products from your hands in the cashier queue :S

so in a nutshell, you had to be there and close your eyes and click the just give me everything button or else. :(

16 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Alright, KROOL BOYZ are go.

King_K._Rool_Smash_Ultimate.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

if the new look is Gundabad and mordor or even nick lund Chronicle then I'm in.

here's one I drew earlier...

IMG_0966.jpg.54c3a1583f7054e190f4b84e6c5739b5.jpg

Wow! Those are some impressive drawing skills. I'd love an army with this aesthetic. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Drakensgreed said:

I really like what I‘m hearing here. Story-wise, I think the orruks that were a bit too runt-y and got cast out from their clans formed their own new societies and with the rise of Kragnos, finally felt it was time to come out of hiding.

I'd love them to be free of the  "Hulk Smash" stereotype.  I think it would be awesome to have a middle earth style Uruk Hai orc which was full of malice and raw power that would make a Khorne army jealous..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I'd love them to be free of the  "Hulk Smash" stereotype.  I think it would be awesome to have a middle earth style Uruk Hai orc which was full of malice and raw power that would make a Khorne army jealous..

I think the major problems is that malice is difficult to convey visually.
Old world greenskins,40k ones and also aos ones have malicious and crafty sides, still this is mostly a lore piece not reflected in the models.
Orks in 40k have books full of the kultural side of the lore that you can't see normally for example.
Also i'd sy that orcs at least have the real raw power done in the best way, Khorne servants are still slaves to him and corrupt as chaos does in a way, destruction is the purest form of "survival of the fittest" we could see that even Uruks can't convey imho, because after all they're still servants of another power.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson