The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I think as well the stormcast artwork with all the spawny tentacled horrors with eyeballs and maws everywhere screams more tzeentch than destruction. 🤔

and this is what's weird, GW is advertising this both as "Year of the Beast" and also the edition that reframes the setting to show how much of the realms Chaos still holds (as opposed to the other Alliances) . They're usually pretty clean about the distinction between Beasts and Daemons, so a very interesting edition is ahead of us. Let the Second Waves begin!

• Like 1

So break down of this now we know more could be:

‘You seek prophecy, wretch? You go to your death!’ he boomed. ‘The gate will shatter! The earth will tear! The sky shall eat the storm, and the serpent’s tide will rise! The Changer’s riddle is born anew by the splitting mirror of the Dark Prince!’

The gate will shatter: The realmgates in Chamon exploding 
The earth will tear: Kragnos breaking free of his prison
The sky shall eat the storm:  New stormcast being released vs the storm of chaos 
The serpents tide will rise: Morathi-khaines armies taking Anvilguard and giving the souls to the IDK
Plitting mirror of the dark prince: The two new Slaanesh twins 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

and this is what's weird, GW is advertising this both as "Year of the Beast" and also the edition that reframes the setting to show how much of the realms Chaos still holds (as opposed to the other Alliances) .

If only there was an existing faction that fit this description... Nothing comes to mind though... 🤔 

Also if the rumours are true, I feel like Sigmar sending his new and improved Stormcast and Dragons to fight a bunch of swamp goblins is a slight misallocation of resources!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

If only there was an existing faction that fit this description... Nothing comes to mind though... 🤔 

Also if the rumours are true, I feel like Sigmar sending his new and improved Stormcast and Dragons to fight a bunch of swamp goblins is a slight misallocation of resources!

well maybe the new Army is related to Kragnos who apparently hunted down the Dragons to near extinction in the Age of Myth. so they are going for the Kragnos Vs Dragon angle 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it'll depend how much they link up with the Gloomspite. If there's Bog-grots going around finding new hidden paths so the Loonking's forces can keep warping around and turning Order's precious cities into mushroom-zombie hives or moon crushed craters that'd be a serious matter for the new Stormcast to test their mettle against.

Getting shadowkin involved would help too. With the Malerion story today that got me thinking how useful they'd be in that situation after Tyrion's little scouting force is over. It'd be a good way to have Malerion to get Sigmar to call Tyrion off as they can't fight anyway as long as Malerion stays in Ulgu which does just waste time when the realms are under siege again.

"Also Teclis also can't go into Ulgu. That's made quite clear - the dichotomy of Hysh and Ulgu means Tyrion and Teclis can't go into Ulgu, and Malerion and Morathi can't go into Hysh (It also means that the classic "High Elves vs Dark Elves" confrontation can't really happen since neither side will ever be able to dominate or control the other's realm). They all can meet in Shyish, however, and the Hidden Gloaming between the two realms."

Also GW seems to recently love relating the word Beasts with Orkz/ and Greenskinz lately.

Obviously AoS, Gorkamorka is the Incarnate of Beasts and most of his Faction are based in Ghur

40K, the Beastz was the strongest ORK every seen by the Imperium. During the War of the Beastz, he beat up a Primarch, destroy a whole Marine legion, and nearly getting to Terra before eventually getting defeated. and then there Saga of the Beast with Ghazghkull. Beast Snaggas of cource

• Like 3

In terms of the cover art, remember 40ks included Chaos, even when the box contained Necrons, and Chaos Space Marines yet to receive an update.

Just bc Angel Waifu is slapping up some Tzeentchy Spawny goodness, doesnt mean we should be expecting Chaos

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

People keep telling themselves that 

Then that’s when cunningly brutal kicks in

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

3 hours ago, PJetski said:

Watch: Irish man drums rhythm of 'It's Always Sunny in ...

PednZGe.png.58eed0ab001c13c85106b2623181cd5c.png

6 hours ago, cyrus said:

Hu3Z93Y.jpg

m0UaXEl.jpg

01.jpg

red mask and red effigy look very similar

black mask seems to have horns in the same manner khan hobgoblins/ wolf riders

"three holes skulls" on both bases look the same : i can't find them on any other miniatures.

Excellent observation I am currently working on a speculation board 2.0 and if you don´t mind I would like to include this.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I think it'll depend how much they link up with the Gloomspite. If there's Bog-grots going around finding new hidden paths so the Loonking's forces can keep warping around and turning Order's precious cities into mushroom-zombie hives or moon crushed craters that'd be a serious matter for the new Stormcast to test their mettle against.

Getting shadowkin involved would help too. With the Malerion story today that got me thinking how useful they'd be in that situation after Tyrion's little scouting force is over. It'd be a good way to have Malerion to get Sigmar to call Tyrion off as they can't fight anyway as long as Malerion stays in Ulgu which does just waste time when the realms are under siege again.

"Also Teclis also can't go into Ulgu. That's made quite clear - the dichotomy of Hysh and Ulgu means Tyrion and Teclis can't go into Ulgu, and Malerion and Morathi can't go into Hysh (It also means that the classic "High Elves vs Dark Elves" confrontation can't really happen since neither side will ever be able to dominate or control the other's realm). They all can meet in Shyish, however, and the Hidden Gloaming between the two realms."

I would laugh if our itty bitty Grots became the face of destruction, but I don't see us snatching that from Gordrakk or Kragnos. It would be hilarious to see a "lucky ted" type of character like Skragrott put on the same pillar as Archaon and literally gods.

Just had a thought. If these Hobgoblin rumors are true could it be that we’ll see a proper Chaos Dwarf release? With proper big hats, black orcs, and hobgoblin gits? I’ve always said they should be part of destruction instead of Chaos.

9 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

Just had a thought. If these Hobgoblin rumors are true could it be that we’ll see a proper Chaos Dwarf release? With proper big hats, black orcs, and hobgoblin gits? I’ve always said they should be part of destruction instead of Chaos.

Well, again, hobgoblin is probably just a descriptor because they're thinner than orruks, bigger than grots. And Whitefang even brought the Hobbit to mind so even more so "hobgoblin" is just a general term used. They probably have no actual relation to the hobgoblins of old whatsoever.

If we get new plastic Chaos Dwarfs, we already do have the background for them. They've been called the Furnace Kings and even the Furnace Kings of Azgorh in in AoS and they are Chaos-aligned as shown in the Bonereapers tome and other books they've been mentioned in. Hashut still exists too as described in the books and that White Dwarf article about the Salamander's Spine . That doesn't mean if they get an update they wouldn't just overwrite the existing lore or that they won't have actual hobgoblins in addition to this new swamp race. I'm pretty certain they'd still be Chaos though as the StD tome says they forge the armor for Chaos Warriors.

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

Maybe, but we kind of came up with Hobgoblin on our own, none of the rumors said that exact word. Some say weedy Orruks, some say large grots, and we are drawing our conclusions based on our own thoughts on what that means. We also have the map of Ghur with a location named after Morruks right next to Excelsis where the narrative is going to focus. GW has a habit of naming locations after species names (like the Troggoth Isles or the Aelf Groves) so my bet is they are called the Morruk Swampboyz or something.

Speaking of which I am just reminded of the Broken Realms short story (The Clobbering) where an Ardboy fights a lanky orruk with a spear and loses. Probably means nothing, but a lanky orruk is kind of what the rumors talk about.

• Like 5

The cool art is supposed to be the cover of the new core rules, I don't think it refers to a specific new faction but simply chaos spreading like in the realms of chaos, this kind of biomass that twist reality and grow. It can tie into later themes or simply point the art direction into a more grim-dark tone. If gitz are treated with enough respect they can be a formidable opponent to Stormcast, some of the Gloomspite Gitz storys describe really gritty stuff, like the shine of the bad moon making mushrooms grow over the skin of humans and the mortals pulling his own skin off while trying to erradicate them. Gitz can be nightmarish creatures once you accept that most of their cartoony things come from outdated concepts from the old world.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

In AOS we at least have 2\3 origin stories about chaos worshipping Dwarves(Furnace Kings, that runeson inscribing pillars with praise to the father of darkness and Zharr Vyxa in Ulgu) and also Hashut lore bits here and there.
Still Chaos darves symbolizes the evils of industrialization like pollution and other bad sides of society so they are a complex civilization.
Considering Hashut was and his a Chaos god i don't think they'll go anywhere but in the Chaos GA, still they could have Hobgoblin troops\slaves as in the old world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yoid said:

most of their cartoony things come from outdated concepts from the old world.

Gitz can be scary, but they can just as easily be comic relief; half their new models have some kind of joke or funny detail hidden on them. GW is actively embracing both and I don't think thatyou don't have to pretend as if one side is an outdated vestige.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Genuinely curious, what makes you say that?

To add to HollowHills' observation (I suspect the latest teaser and Cursed City/Soulblight surely makes one think of WHFB) - the storytelling and mood also feels more like WHFB than early AoS. IMO a great thing, as they incorporate some of WHFB best aspects now while keeping things more fantastical.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

In my opinion the aesthetic of AoS is getting closer and closer to WHFB by the day.

i didn't remember any of the LRL anime aesthetics came from WHFB

you can't tell me Robo Mech Cow and Kitsune fox spirit was something from WHFB

• Like 1
  • Confused 1