The Rumour Thread

28 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

A wild rumour appeared. Couldn't copy the text so just took a screenshot. It's so random to see this pop up on GamingLeaksAndRumours of all places but it is a rumour so might aswell share. Most reads like common assumptions but the Duradin bit is a bit unlikely I reckon, I just can't see it happening. 

OP states they "got it from a French worker who translates the text into French for Games Workshop text."

Screenshot_20210510_073449.jpg

Can see this happening tbh, especially the release of some freeguild-type humans for cities. Especially with the trailer for 3.0 featuring humans with the old empire aesthetic. 

This does make me concerned about my phoenix guard cities army though, and whether they will go to legends. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

A wild rumour appeared. Couldn't copy the text so just took a screenshot. It's so random to see this pop up on GamingLeaksAndRumours of all places but it is a rumour so might aswell share. Most reads like common assumptions but the Duradin bit is a bit unlikely I reckon, I just can't see it happening. 

OP states they "got it from a French worker who translates the text into French for Games Workshop text."

I would tend not to believe this because it's all established topics of speculation. I also don't think an all-dwarves soup army is very likely, with how popular Kharadron are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

*mutters and grumbles about the rumour cause stormcast getting all the new dragons* That alone is justification not to believe them!!!! ;)

Dwarf Soup could or could not work. Khadorans are totally their own thing, are popular and have a very distinct design. They just don't fit into the idea of being rolled back into the other dwarf groups. 

Fyreslayers are quite their own thing too and I think the only reason they aren't more used is that they are just not a diverse army in terms of model range. Meanwhile regular dwarves are just ignored thus far and have lost a lot of their flare (siege weapons and the like). Each of the three is very distinct. 

I could see Disspossessed and Fyreslayers merging quite easily, but Khadorans I can't see easily merging back into Dwarves not really a reason to do it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would tend not to believe this because it's all established topics of speculation. I also don't think an all-dwarves soup army is very likely, with how popular Kharadron are.

I frequent that subreddit often, this is just one of those people mashing a bunch of vague stuff together based on things already know, rumoured, or guessable. He’s deleted all his posting history but you can check it on websites for credibility and he’s attempted to “leak” battlefield and call of duty before. It’s just karma farming off the hype unfortunately.  

I wouldn’t trust anyone unless they have a strong consistency with leaks prior, or can verify a source with the mods. Lots of people like to write vague stuff and build communities of it. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

*mutters and grumbles about the rumour cause stormcast getting all the new dragons* That alone is justification not to believe them!!!! ;)

Dwarf Soup could or could not work. Khadorans are totally their own thing, are popular and have a very distinct design. They just don't fit into the idea of being rolled back into the other dwarf groups. 

Fyreslayers are quite their own thing too and I think the only reason they aren't more used is that they are just not a diverse army in terms of model range. Meanwhile regular dwarves are just ignored thus far and have lost a lot of their flare (siege weapons and the like). Each of the three is very distinct. 

I could see Disspossessed and Fyreslayers merging quite easily, but Khadorans I can't see easily merging back into Dwarves not really a reason to do it. 

I mean imagine them souping up Idoneth, Lumineth, and Daughters 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

If any dwarves get souped, I think it's Dispossessed with Fyreslayers. Because slayers were an established part of the Warhammer Fantasy Dwarves range and they have a small enough number of models to work as a subfaction of a "big dwarves" army. But souping in Kharadron is what makes no sense to me. They have a strong aesthetic and play style that is very different from the other dwarves and it would definitely be like souping up Idoneth and Lumineth.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 5

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If any dwarves get souped, I think it's Dispossessed with Fyreslayers. Because slayers were an established part of the Warhammer Fantasy Dwarves range and they have a small enough number of models to work as a subfaction of a "big dwarves" army. But souping in Kharadron is what makes on sense to me. They have a strong aesthetic and play style that is very different from the other dwarves and it would definitely be like souping up Idoneth and Lumineth.

Exactly. I just picked up some KO because they are not the traditional dwarf aesthetic. I don’t really like the other dwarves and personally I wouldn’t really appreciate KO being bunged in with the rest it doesn’t make sense even with grungi returning.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

I'm already part fearful that GW "might" soup Dark Elves back together. 

On the one hand I 100% get that fans of the classic army would be over the moon to have their army back together once more. 

On the other I kind of like that DoK have a huge established identity for themselves and I feel that being put back into Dark Elves would dilute that greatly. Especially since the original DoK models are really only the elite end of the Dark Elf army roster and that Dark Elf forces that are left could easily operate independent of the DoK contents. 

It's a bit like rebuilding Sylvaneth with Kurnothi/Wanderers - on the one hand great on the other do Sylvaneth players feel like it would dilute or grow their range? My gut feeling is it would feel more like a growth but then I think Sylvaneth haven't strayed as far from their roots (ooh look plant pun!) as the DoK have from the Dark Elf roots. At least in terms of asthetics. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

The dwarven part is the most obnoxious, to be honest. Not only Grungni helping Sigmar (AGAIN!) instead of his own people, but at the same time, all dwarves souping together without any real reason and for sure will not get any new models for the next 2-3 years (at best). I see this as bs even if it's true..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Fake, but not fake

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 minute ago, Captaniser said:

What does that even mean? That some of it is fake but not all of it?

The guy who posted it has posted fake leaks in the past for other games and has cleaned his account so it looks fresh. The “leak” is a compilation of pre existing rumour such as the hob goblins, guesses such as dwarf soup as grungi is back and new dragon stormcast seeing as they have basically redone liberators and paladins so why not the dragon cavalry and flying units, and other vague info.

everybody please take this with a grain of salt if any at all, it’s just a karma chaser there’s tonnes of it on that forum. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

What does that even mean? That some of it is fake but not all of it?

I’m going to hazard a guess at the info is mostly true but the leaker is just guessing with the mostly obvious and therefore is also not fake info! Hoping malekith is indeed a true part to this! 
tldr: Leaker doesn’t have real info, just obvious guesses

Edited by Deakz28

Just now, Deakz28 said:

I’m going to hazard a guess at the info is mostly true but the leaker is just guessing with the mostly obvious and therefore is also not fake info! Hoping malekith is indeed a true part to this! 

Malekith has been hinted at lots before he’s a long time coming, this is all vague and pre existing information 

Just now, Deakz28 said:

Malerion/Malekith and dark elves have been around the corner for the past... 5 years now? :D

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Malekith has been hinted at lots before he’s a long time coming, this is all vague and pre existing information 

41 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Malerion/Malekith and dark elves have been around the corner for the past... 5 years now? :D

You both give me hope this is the edition 😁

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, zamerion said:

unknown.png

Completely relative to ones expectations of course, but prices are not that bad right? Skelletons go from 25 Euro per 10 to 45 per 20, so basically 5 Euro less expensive, Zombies from 32.50 to 42,50. New Bloodknight are a lot cheaper (as expected) by 30 Euro, and fell bats stay teh same at 40 Euro.

Zombie price raise is considerable...maybe, if assumptions are correct that prices ar somewhat relative to the % they make up from an armylist, Zombies may cost more points in the new Tome?

Lauka is cheaper than I expected

Edited by Lowki