The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

i feel like they miss the whole step of Grugni actually going to Azyr and making the New Armor for Sigmar and if there was anything that needed to be done for those armor to be finished

2 hours ago, Nos said:

The more I think about it the more I think that this was simply a poorly executed narrative event, the Belakor aspect I mean.

Because even without the immediate AOS 3 reveals, people would not honestly have believed SC were just going to not be a thing or die out or whatever. People would always have assumed it would be a temporary problem that Belakor had caused because if it wasnt it simply strikes too hard at an essential aspect of AOS. It would never have seemed credible for long 

I'm sure these issues will be addressed in BR Kragnos and without Covid we wouldve had at least 3 months to ponder these effects.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I‘ll wait for GMG‘s Battletome review before buying anything ^^

Totally agree on this point, with how swingy book design is these days, you don't know what sort of battletome you're going to get.

If you invest early in an army and end up with a badly-written book, you're stuck in the 'feels bad' corner for the next two or three years.*

That's part of the reason I didn't buy cursed city when it came out.

* BTW should clarify that badly written doesn't necessarily mean in terms of relative power level, but rather one that has poor internal balance and encourages mono list design, or else offers few synergies. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

If only the Chainrasps had it this good

Chainrasps are available in multiple formats a bit everywhere at really cheap prices. If you have mortal realms available in your country they throw them at you by the dozen..

57 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I‘ll wait for GMG‘s Battletome review before buying anything ^^

Speaking of that, are there any other good review sites out there? I really, really want to like GMG, but damn, the main host just makes too many assumptions and rushes through words too much to make their content enjoyable/useful to me.

I'd love to find a (professional, money-making) site that understands that not all their viewers are longtime players and that uses hosts that can speak well.  I mean, if you make money using words, use your words well. Ya know?

Suggestions?

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

Speaking of that, are there any other good review sites out there? I really, really want to like GMG, but damn, the main host just makes too many assumptions and rushes through words too much to make their content enjoyable/useful to me.

I'd love to find a (professional, money-making) site that understands that not all their viewers are longtime players and that uses hosts that can speak well.  I mean, if you make money using words, use your words well. Ya know?

Suggestions?

Goonhammer? They focus a bit more on the competitive side of things tho

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I'm glad we are getting Vampires just after Warhammer Fest ! That was a strange week, full of unexpected ups and downs... But well, OH BOY AM I HAPPY TO FINALLY SEE AOS 3RD EDITION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rules looks good (with confirmations of Grimdark Live and ListLab leaks), and I'm sure the AOS team did a good job to clarify and upgrade them.

What I absolutely LOVE are the fluff snippets ; 

• Return the focus to AOS1 post apocalyptic fluff : the Mortal Realms are still Hellish Wastelands dominated mainly by Chaos (as seen in Warcry and the Slaves to Darkness battletome) ; but Order launches "Dawnbringer" Crusades, so Hope persists 😍 (Also : another mention of Grugni - with Grombrindal, Duardrazhal and Be'lakor - really hints at an eventual Dispossessed / Chamon Duardin release soon-ish !).
  • Meanwhile, ERA OF THE BEAST and Destruction on the rise, it really was their time (really looking forward to the new grimdarky Swamp Gobs if the hints are true ;) ).
  • The new Stormcast Eternals are incredible (... even most of that other hellish wasteland that is 4chan seems to agree). And just like I hopped this new wave looks like a Warrior Chamber reboot with new "Celestant" and "Paladin" types models. I can see how they were referred to as "Knighlty" (instead of "Brets") : in the sense that their armors and weapons are more "realistic" looking (with better proportions, leather straps, etc.), but still their own thing (Art Deco, greco-roman themes, Medieval / Renaissance celestial imagery, etc.). Also, kind of an Adeptus Custodes stance for the Vindictors, love it.

In short : BRING IT ON ❤️ 

What rules gubbins can we look forward to?

Been trying to digest yesterday’s preview. I’ll admit I don’t get a Hobgoblins from yesteryear vibe at all from that teaser (bit bummed as I loved the old Hobgoblins). I don’t get a Fimir vibe either, It feels Greenskin/Troll.

I’m thinking, it will be a brand new Race of Greenskins, what Idoneth are to Aelfs, with references and tidbits, but very much a new culture/race etc.

the closest my scrambling mind can imagine at this point is Half Orcs, but without being called Half Orcs.

29947E99-6022-4FFA-81E6-7BE11FBE30FE.jpeg

C61BC831-9C20-4D7E-8C71-3C763E70116B.png

970E769B-1867-49D8-869B-9E72434D92A0.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I was just wondering about something. As a person who generally doesn't play the game, only collects and paints, I don't really know what to think of such possibility, so I ask ya'll. What if Stormcast chambers were split to almost make separate armies? I definitely could see something like that, obviously including some rule like 'if your army is x chamber, 1 out of 4 units may be from other chambers'. Would that help with diversification of the army, especially if each chamber/subarmy/subfaction had it's own rules and abilities to make them more equal?

as a Stormcast player, no thank you--I don't want Marine-level releases where there's 3 supplements a year because each big Chapter has its own book... just give us new warscrolls for old kits and army synergy between the chambers and it's fine

edit: by "fine" I mean "able to mix up existing kits into multiple viable lists or playstyles"

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

@KingBroddProbably the reveal will be about soulblight new rules,monday model could be anything but i think 40k.
Still surely before the end of the month they'll show something i think about the box, even just another teaser like the "Bad Moon speaking" one.

@Grim Beastiesthe hand rumor engine was seen in an artwork of Cursed City so i think is something from death?
The Gargant head on a flag makes me think about Grotbag Scuttlers but i would'nt get my hopes too up.
Still i'd say at least the first 4 and 6th-7th images are from destruction models.

@JackStreicherMortek guard increments are made with 10 models but are sold in 20 men boxes so perhaps Skeletons and Zombies will be the same.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

49 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Suggestions?

Goonhammer is quite good as not “man reads book” like many of the review videos but does a nice overview without spilling all the beans. Plus it’s words so may be easier to fit into day than watching a video.

Face hammer have been doing some good stuff recently as well as the Just Play guys (Richie and Ian). Just make sure you have a few hours spare as it’s full of info and ideas

25 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

So does anyone else think these rumor engine pics are part of the new Boglin faction?

unnamed.jpg.032ed8c1911bdac362ce530de468ccab.jpg

2021-02-09.jpg

2020-11-03.jpg

2020-10-27.jpg

2020-11-17.jpg

2021-02-16.jpg

2021-03-30.jpg

2021-03-23.jpg

2020-12-09.jpg

2020-12-10.jpg

2020-09-29.jpg

Most of those are certainly Destruction, although they aren't in the style of Fimir. Fimir are actually the best equipped Destruction faction, in terms of weapon/ armor quality and design; they're pretty well made all things considered, and these are too crude. So I'd say quite possibly.

Edited by Dankboss

2 hours ago, Envyus said:

I would not assume the new armour has a 100% chance of getting past the cursed Skies.

This is true, they mentioned in the stream that even thunderstrike armour only allows them to make it through the chaos MOST of the time.

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

One thing I love about the TGA forums is even though we may disagree on things, it never becomes hostile. This isn't a place where we throw words at each other over our toys, we are a strong and respectful community. 

Apes together strong 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Totally agree on this point, with how swingy book design is these days, you don't know what sort of battletome you're going to get.

If you invest early in an army and end up with a badly-written book, you're stuck in the 'feels bad' corner for the next two or three years.*

That's part of the reason I didn't buy cursed city when it came out.

* BTW should clarify that badly written doesn't necessarily mean in terms of relative power level, but rather one that has poor internal balance and encourages mono list design, or else offers few synergies. 

This is why I didn’t buy the new Slaanesh book: the models are phenomenal but the book is probably the worst one published by GW. Although, I did buy two boxes of Painbringers and Sigvald just for hobby purposes. 

• Like 1

It's definitely some new breed of greenskin.

I wonder if the teaser image from the newsletter suggests there'll be three different subtypes within the faction. One type that's more chaotic/mutated, one type that takes "mongolian" cues, and one type that winks alot (or are cyclopean).

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Grim Beasties said:

So does anyone else think these rumor engine pics are part of the new Boglin faction?

unnamed.jpg.032ed8c1911bdac362ce530de468ccab.jpg

2021-02-09.jpg

2020-11-03.jpg

2020-10-27.jpg

2020-11-17.jpg

2021-02-16.jpg

2021-03-30.jpg

2021-03-23.jpg

2020-12-09.jpg

2020-12-10.jpg

2020-09-29.jpg

The only one I’d say isn’t from the same faction/ design que’s is the curved spear tip with the spiked collar (7),  it’s definitely destruction but more Ironjawz or Ogor in design, if you look at the rest of the weapons there more just bits of tree with some metal spikes and bits nailed on and bashed together that one looks a bit more refined, and again the vultures could be from new ogors maybe some new beast riders with hunting vultures like the stonehorn/ thundertusk riders can take 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Goonhammer is quite good as not “man reads book” like many of the review videos but does a nice overview without spilling all the beans. Plus it’s words so may be easier to fit into day than watching a video.

Face hammer have been doing some good stuff recently as well as the Just Play guys (Richie and Ian). Just make sure you have a few hours spare as it’s full of info and ideas

GMG has a lot of non Warhammer content though, which is really informative.

Got me into Frostgrave and Rangers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1