The Rumour Thread

This was the first AoS model I painted.

B93C8037-9378-4AB7-BC8D-4EEB420CC1E1.jpeg.f9d88c28252580c0fcf0da98fcebe1bc.jpeg

and I still think this is one of my favourite gw models ever. 

51CC5610-1F57-47C8-9CD2-0B679D41EBB7.png.b05dec20af3913adb76fb5592540a28a.png

They absolutely still hold up. That said I’m down for new Stormcast. I’m really looking forward to the reveal of the destruction side. If they can capture some of the character that the new Gloomspite exuded, I will definitely be buying the new starter set. Exciting times ahead!

• Like 9

Interesting times! Certainly pleased to see new Stormcast Eternals. They are very well done but I do prefer the original aesthetic. I like the angelic, god-like look of the first versions. They just looked like they could go up against the hellish foes like the Chaos Warriors and crush them into the ground.

The more realistic thunderstrike armour is an interesting design choice and a better sculpt but it is a bit too far from what Stormcast represents in my humble opinion. They look so light compared to what has come before. Hard to give them fair judgement though when we haven’t seen the new models arrayed as an army. I am sure they will look great when paired with the adversaries from the starter set.

3.2.jpg

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 1

Really poor move with redesigning SCE in my opinion. Those sculpts clearly replace Liberators and Paladins. This lady angel also seems to replace celestant prime. Well, maybe they will keep both products but the new one seem so similar there's no really a room for both. We are talking here about sculpts that are 5 years old. Not an old, 15 year old army that seems outdated.

I really hope they're hiding a lot more for fixing double turn than the one that goes second gets an extra command point. If I am to play a double turn with Kharadron Overlords and shoot my opponent to oblivion or pass and go second for an extra command point guess which I'm going to choose...

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Really poor move with redesigning SCE in my opinion. Those sculpts clearly replace Liberators and Paladins. This lady angel also seems to replace celestant prime. Well, maybe they will keep both products but the new one seem so similar there's no really a room for both. We are talking here about sculpts that are 5 years old. Not an old, 15 year old army that seems outdated.

I really hope they're hiding a lot more for fixing double turn than the one that goes second gets an extra command point. If I am to play a double turn with Kharadron Overlords and shoot my opponent to oblivion or pass and go second for an extra command point guess which I'm going to choose...

They said Sigmar regards the angel lady as another tool along side the Prime. Not a replacement. But the termi-cast are definitely new Paladins while the spear guys are more then likely another battleline option

I was just wondering about something. As a person who generally doesn't play the game, only collects and paints, I don't really know what to think of such possibility, so I ask ya'll. What if Stormcast chambers were split to almost make separate armies? I definitely could see something like that, obviously including some rule like 'if your army is x chamber, 1 out of 4 units may be from other chambers'. Would that help with diversification of the army, especially if each chamber/subarmy/subfaction had it's own rules and abilities to make them more equal?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

trying to pick out details in the art, we got:
-some dude with a totem on the head or back, squatting on a totem or tower
-a bell, with two attendants/operators and what looks like a parade of others behind them
-and whatever that Azyrite thing is, the bottom looks like a drill??

2096726170_3.0revealart.png.b7dd22df1dce33df4c11012dfa35c2b7.png

This looks like it might be the Sigmarite Strongpoint mentioned in the designer’s video, something founded by expeditionary Stormcast forces in hostile territory and that may eventually be the seed or core part of a stormkeep/free city. I think the things around are profane idols to the dark gods of the kind you see in the Warcry rulebook.

As depicted here it’s pretty big and a bit impressionistic in details but I could see something like that being a new terrain piece for the new stormcast, particularly if they’re ramping up this spearhead/expeditionary theme for them.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

There are still those unshown bug rumor pics from a looong time ago. Was expectihg them to be revealed at this point. So what if this new army is either silent people or bug gobbos?

Which bug pics? The ones hatching from the egg? Those were shown as part of the new Sylvaneth model that’s coming out with Kragnos

6 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

There are still those unshown bug rumor pics from a looong time ago. Was expectihg them to be revealed at this point. So what if this new army is either silent people or bug gobbos?

Which bug pics? The ones hatching from the egg? Those were shown as part of the new Sylvaneth model that’s coming out with Kragnos

I don't mind the new Stormcast. This way, they can replace the worst offenders in the Stormcast range (warriors) with something less offensive to the eyes. Get a bit of diversity in as well. The other chambers are not that misshapen. We'll see Stormcast anyway, might as well have good looking ones.

They also seem to be able to look past their own pauldrons, which is a big plus.

Turns out you need a dwarf to make them look human, and somehow less Dwarven. Maybe the help was more a way to fix trademark issues between dwarves and Stormcast.

But really, Grungni, get your act together and help the Disposessed!

EDIT: It also made my prediction of them looking like a child's drawing of a knight flat out wrong.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Shearl said:

You best be staying outta my marsh then long legs... 

1275435008_Fimirface.jpg.557b49cb979333824d8bf7296076534c.jpg

But as much as my army of Forgeworld Fimir and monsters could use reinforcements, I'm believing it will be greenskins like our prophet  @Whitefang has foretold. 

I'm guessing a new "breed" of evil means a new variety of orc, rather than a new species.

I still don't think it's an Orc despite the hints being interpreted from whitefang. Subtlety and sneakiness aren't traits attributed to WHFB Orcs or AoS Orruks as a species. The Boyz aren't the kind for skulking in the shadows like some sort of fairytale monster. It's like hinting at honest skaven, or cowardly saurus. It's not their nature.

It's either Grots, Fimir, or it's something completely new. I am thinking Nasty Skulkers sort of thing.

Edit: Or if Orruks are involved they share a faction with another sneakier race that will dominate the teasers/starter box.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. The Lothern Skycutter which was a beautiful model was squatted after 7 years. 

Similarly, Blacksmoke Battery rules were introduced in the General's Handbook 2019 but months later numerous models that were part of it were discontinued.

The proportions on the current Stormcast range are completely off and make every unit look heavy and bulky. I welcome the human proportions on the newer designs and think if they went with this design from the get go with Age of Sigmar then a lot of criticism the range has faced would have been avoided. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

trying to pick out details in the art, we got:
-some dude with a totem on the head or back, squatting on a totem or tower
-a bell, with two attendants/operators and what looks like a parade of others behind them
-and whatever that Azyrite thing is, the bottom looks like a drill??

2096726170_3.0revealart.png.b7dd22df1dce33df4c11012dfa35c2b7.png

This is actually an edited version of older artwork but I’m really struggling to remember which book it’s in.

Basically just the sigmarite structure in the center has been added.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, rosa said:

Poor Move GW. The range is just 4-5 years old. 

Yeah, but Freeguild Handgunners and Freeguild Guard look like anatomical studies compared to specifically the Warrior chamber. Vanguards get some points for their animals, which distract from the models in a good way (but are equally misshapen, plus 40k guns).

Then to remove the Lord Relictor, and the worst parts of SC are fixed.

Can't comment until I see the next two previews for this months, but looking only to what it was showed, glad to see improvements to SCE. Btw, some things that were said about Annihilators:
Nuevas miniaturas reveladas para Age of Sigmar en Warhammer Fest - Fanhammer

• Mortal woudns on charge
  • Hardest unit in SCE roster in terms of durability and thougness (2+ armor save)

Not too much but it gives them a diferent rolr on the battlefield than other Paladins (unless their charge-mw dmg is better than anthing evocators and other paladins doo).

I'm glad to see the new edition announced. Exciting times!

The new Stormcast models look good. I never disliked Stormcast like some people did, especially right at the beginning of AoS, but their aesthetic never especialy appealed to me, either. This new look where they moved away from the huge World of Warcraft shoulder pads and made them just a hair slimmer makes me like them a lot more. Still not enough to make me want to put them into my Cities army, but enough to make me excited about going up against them at some point. The new angel lady is also very cool.

I think GW has found a good balance for Stormcast as the main protagonist faction. I think being in every starter set, getting new models at the start of every edition and generally being the go-to for special releases is a good place for them to be in. This way, I don't feel like they overshadow other factions, but there is an option for new players who want a faction with guaranteed support. I hope their new battletome establishes them as a faction of simple, powerful rules and good fundamentals.

At this point I am most interested in our new antagonist faction. Personally, I have no nostalgia for Fimir. They just look like 80s DnD monsters to me. I'd rather see something completely new. Or, failing that, at least some cool kind of greenskin. The banner with the masks looks promising! I wonder if they will be Kragnos' dudes.

Also, I just want to mention: I think Cities of Sigmar stocks are rising. Three new cities in Broken Realms, new witch hunter models, and now redesigned Freeguild featuring in the new destruction faction teaser. I think we will be seeing the faction expanded sooner rather than later.

• Like 18