The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Kasper said:

It still feels a bit weak, but I guess it is a good compromise? Im sure Stormcast fans werent too happy about reading it at first. This feels like both sides lost and gained some.

It's always darkest before the dawn ;)

14 minutes ago, Kasper said:

I cant believe Be'lakor finally crawled out of the shadows and did something cool in the Broken Realms book, only to have it all be in vain. Really GW? :(

billede.png.99ae0209df93938d23a2ab3a1fb4f108.png

it's not in vain, he forced Sigmar into a corner to figure out how to prevent Stormcast from being trapped or killed when fighting Chaos/Bela.

We also only have 3 units that have the new thunderstrike armor, maybe there'll be another couple new kits to go with this but the whole range cannot be invalidated without redoing every. single. kit. Simple enough to make this interplay between Stormcast who have to fear a True Death and those that do not. But we need some AOS novels for that..

Honestly, the new Stormcast aren't really doing it for me but it is early days still. Silver lining is that I'm not feeling an immediate need to get the starter set and the grey mountain of shame has no chance to increase. Whatever new adversary is in there could change that pretty quickly though.

Also — loving the fairytale vibe of the teaser. Very ‘Destruction’ and reminded me of both the Gloomspite and Mega-Gargant stuff.

Can’t wait to find out more — in particular, what makes them different from the existing Gitz/Orruks.

Damn, I love this hobby. I’ve collected/played this game since I was a small kid and I’m just as in love with their worlds now as I was back then. So weird, to think their fantasy creations have been buzzing around in my head all this time!

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Also — loving the fairytale vibe of the teaser. Very ‘Destruction’ and reminded me of both the Gloomspite and Mega-Gargant stuff.

Can’t wait to find out more — in particular, what makes them different from the existing Gitz/Orruks.

Damn, I love this hobby. I’ve collected/played this game since I was a small kid and I’m just as in love with their worlds now as I was back then. So weird, to think their fantasy creations have been buzzing around in my head all this time!

The fairy tale angle GW has been pushing for Destruction has been so fun!! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lowki said:

Maybe I see things that are not there, but this from the hint:

image.png.28bcc9aeceb45d2e7af3088caf78773a.png

Looks a lot like something seen on the cover art:

image.png.6290dd5814a814a29a7bb489e844fb85.png

Is that something we know, already exist or...?

What if the those guardsmen are actually surrounded by one big monster with a lot of eyes! 

• Like 2

So no new chamber huh.
Kind of hard not to see a primaris analogue with the new reveals since they basically seem like an aesthetic redo with a thin background justification (belakor's spooky clouds were countered with a new armour design).

Real glow-up for the liberators, retributors too. Yn feels like a prosecutor hero with the original Blanche wing design.

Feather wings.
7x11ouok4jm21.png?width=827&format=png&a

Edited by Indecisive
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I agree - I think the new Stormcast look fantastic and a considerable improvement on AoS 1 Stormcast. On the other hand, the lore does sound like "old Stormcast but better in every way" which I'm not a fan of.

Models come before lore, but I feel sorry for the old Stormcast who aren't Sigmar's favourite anymore 😛

Not as much as anyone trying to flog them on fleabay is going to be.

so the question is whether they do a 40k and throw out a one time only launch starter box.

I think this might be the first preview event where they announced everything that the internet was sure they were going to announce. The rest of the Soulblight, The model for Kragnos, and the first glimpse at the new edition.

I know some folks were wishlisting more, with no real evidence, but that's always the case. Usually our expectations are massively out of step with what gets announced, but this time the general zeitgeist of what we were expecting was pretty much on the mark!

21 minutes ago, PJetski said:

The new hero is a Celestant according to the official youtube channel.

This further indicates that this is a reboot of the Warrior Chamber and not a new Chamber

image.png.93d32de32e774c0f5845df43fc52054f.png

what if Celestants are right below, or adjacent to, Lord-Celestants? seems weird they left off the Lord part if it is a reboot

Those face-shield things look veeeeeery Gobliny. So whilst it might not be STEPPE goblins per se... it WILL be goblins! Woo! Yay!

What if these new Gobbos become part of a faction with the Grotbag Scuttlers and/or the Gitmob? Kinda like the GG but Sun-themed instead?

I don't understand the problem people has with this stormcast being better and stronger. I mean, it only makes sense with a moving storyline, is like Phase I star wars clone troopers vs Phase II clone troopers. The armor is just more advanced and better designed after years of warfare. 

I see this evolution of the stormcasts as the same. Actually, it would be cooler if the new fluff was that all old stormcast are phased out in favour of this newer, more darker, stylized stormcasts. That doesnt mean old units need to disappear of course! Just like in legion you have phase 1 and phase 2 clones. They are just historical units. And the proper stormcasts would be the same, they would just change equipement.

Edited by Galas
  • Like 9

well that was great- the new Stormcast hero is fantastic! I like the new look Stormcast as well and then of course Grungni was mentioned...

3 hours ago, Grotbag Scuttlers When said:

GRUNGI HELPED SIGMAR

3 hours ago, novakai said:

so Grungi returns to make the new Thunderstrike armor

Really... "the Maker God has been busy .." should have led to.."making new duardin stuff.." but no.. helping out Sigmar again... 🙄 poor lad can needs all the help he can get, thats whay the new stormcast look so good..😁

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Grungi stop faffing about with the Manlings and release something for the Dawi.

Exactly this... 

But yes looking forward to 2 more previews and seeing the new Destruction faction.. the rumour of the beastial foot definitely looks like it belong to a Destruction mounted hero.. we shall see- are they fighting over the ruins of Excelsis? Also - they seemed to emphasise forces of Cities of Sigmar sallying out- could be one of the early factions for 3rd?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

What if the those guardsmen are actually surrounded by one big monster with a lot of eyes! 

The cover art shows Yndrasta fighting a multi-eyed monster too! It looks more Chaos-y which go’s against the greenskinz theory though... 

If only the abductors in the story where beastmen that brought sacrifices to a gigantic shoggoth-like chaos spawn deep in the swamps, or for a vile ritual to summon Morghur himself. But the most beastman looking model in years (Kragnos) turned out to be a destruction god, so enough daydreaming on my side 😅

Edited by Infernalslayer
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2