The Rumour Thread

It definitely felt like that was the end of 40K for fest, aim it’s gives me good hope for tomorrow (in stream they said is the most exciting thing of the week) not things, thing, implies one session about one thing? They definitely squeezed the last out and gave the final teaser video :) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The Cadian Upgrade sprue for an 18-year old kit has me wondering, how would people feel if the Freeguild received a more AoSified upgrade sprue instead of a completely new set? Presumably Azyr-themed due to there being too many Realms.

I...don't know. Prior to this reveal I would rather expect gw to step away from upgrade sprues. In general I'd rather expect GW to simply let Cities where it is, without a real update until they release some new City-like-Faction which will take the place. New daemon hunters and the Soulborne aesthetics of CC could already show what direction thoose new faction could head for. 

24 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The Cadian Upgrade sprue for an 18-year old kit has me wondering, how would people feel if the Freeguild received a more AoSified upgrade sprue instead of a completely new set? Presumably Azyr-themed due to there being too many Realms.

IMHO Cities should aim to full melting plot, and to do so they need to release multi race kits. At least for basic units.

40 minutes ago, Mattrulesok said:

oh no, i think im in love with that baby goblin squig bike thing that surely will cost 10 times what it should to buy individually off ebay

Oh, my soul 🥰. I need 20 of those! 

Edited by Grotbag Scuttlers When
Didn't see the wonderful baby goblin
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Even though the Freeguild faces and weapons are not great, I think easily the worst thing about them is their onesie-clad body. I really think they could do with a resculpt, not an upgrade sprue. See Greatswords for reference, those still look really good because they are wearing actual clothes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

do you think tomorrow will be about aos 3.0?

We can only hope! I think at least a teaser vid will be shown! Even if vid is literally like the one ninth for with a sister, marine fighting necrons and showed the first skorpekh, they said at end of this stream tomorrow is showing the best thing of all! 

Big fan or all things greenskins here so that was cool. Now to decide if I'll invest the time to turn them into bonesplitterz or not. 🤔

I do feel that the artist doing the AoS orruk head sculpts does a much better job. Most of those look weird to my eyes. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grotbag Scuttlers When said:

IMHO Cities should aim to full melting plot, and to do so they need to release multi race kits. At least for basic units.

Oh, my soul 🥰. I need 20 of those! 

Yeah, personally I‘d also like them to release something completely new... a) are the new kits way better (those cadians seem stubby for today‘s standards, which is a shame) and b) CoS should look more different than just a few extra bits... and c) the mix out of different races would be a cool and unique thing too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

Yeah it took my attention as well. Have Silent People been described as insectoid creatures? I can't believe that GW would leave them just as a background race that doesn't see models.

All out of likes. 

I will say thay the design of SPs will definitely make or break it for me, if they indeed are coming. 

A quick image search of humanoid insects yields some amazing as well as equally derpy designs. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

All out of likes. 

I will say thay the design of SPs will definitely make or break it for me, if they indeed are coming. 

A quick image search of humanoid insects yields some amazing as well as equally derpy designs. 

Well GW certainly got the derpy part down pat with the Vespid... so chances are high, they‘d do better now. 😅

Edited by MitGas

Well that's was an amazing reveal day!! Those Orks have me hyped as hell for whatever Orruk type critters we get for AOS!! 

The upgrade sprue was also a big surprise so I'm happy for those Militarum players. 

The Mega Armoured Warboss is just screaming for an AOS conversion, regardless that is my favourite 40K model in a long time, the Grot gunner is epic. 

Checkout the Warhammer Instagram, people are loving the box and asking if its Limited release and GW is confirming it is, the comments replying are not nice towards GW in regards to scalpers and pre order crashes.

Edited by KingBrodd

7 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Maybe the hammer banner was for Age of Sigmar:Soul Arena game?

PS. Joking

You joke, but I think you’re right! Partially because I’ve learned to expect GW to not do what anyone expects, and partially because these previews have been relatively unnecessary, and because I don’t want to get disappointed when it’s not AOS 3.0.

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

I...don't know. Prior to this reveal I would rather expect gw to step away from upgrade sprues. In general I'd rather expect GW to simply let Cities where it is, without a real update until they release some new City-like-Faction which will take the place. New daemon hunters and the Soulborne aesthetics of CC could already show what direction thoose new faction could head for. 

Not sure about cities of sigmar, but if GW released a similar pack for chaos marauders I think I'd be.... sorta happy. When I built mine I swapped in heads/weapons from the marauder horsemen kit and it was a vast improvement over the standard bits. I think a fresh set of weapons, heads, and a few bits here and there would make a pretty big difference. Nowhere near as good as a new kit of course, but it would be something at least.

• Like 1

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

The lack of Animation has me worried now. They said they'd be showing stuff off from it right? What if it really is just showing off one of their shows?

The 40k stuff was split across 2 days for some reason, despite not actually having much more to show than AOS. They're obviously saving something big and unannounced for saturday. We know Eisenhorn is coming, so it doesn't make sense that it would be THE big reveal of warhammer fest 2021.  If they had enough on their shows they would've just had a day dedicated to them, and not stretched the 40k reveals to have the big one on saturday.
They might have something to say about their shows, but I doubt it's all they're showing off because then why would they need to obfuscate the subject of the reveal?

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

As much as I'd like to believe that, the article on warcom states rather clearly that theses are half of 40 orks we're getting. Still, doesn't rule out AoS orruks appearing in starter or any other way

I figured the article that went up after would clarify, thanks for finding it!

39 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Checkout the Warhammer Instagram, people are loving the box and asking if its Limited release and GW is confirming it is, the comments replying are not nice towards GW in regards to scalpers and pre order crashes.

at this point I feel like GW should make all limited released Made-to-Order, because the scalping is only going to get more ridiculous since it's automated bots now. Or any kind of checking system to get as many boxes into real customers hands as possible. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that they'd make less money by going M2O, as we saw with how Indomitus orders blew up.

• Like 2