The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

I am a bit worried that saturday reveal won't be about 3rd edition... I mean there aren't many rumours going around comparatively to when 2nd AoS or 9th 40K got announced.

I don’t remember much for 9th either, apart from the same kind of ‘it’s been 3 years, it makes sense’ that there is for AoS now. We have Whitefangs stuff here which has been solid in the past. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Still-young said:

“Byrgenwerth...Byrgenwerth...Blasphemous murderers...Blood-crazed fiends...Atonement for the wretches...By the wrath of Mother Kos...Mercy for the poor, wizened child...Mercy, oh please...”

If they don't re-release Cursed City, they gotta release Jelsen Darrock on his own to stand in for a "good hunter".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Still-young said:

“Byrgenwerth...Byrgenwerth...Blasphemous murderers...Blood-crazed fiends...Atonement for the wretches...By the wrath of Mother Kos...Mercy for the poor, wizened child...Mercy, oh please...”

I need to play this game! If you're interested in more Lovecraftian-inspired fish people (and the townsfolk who revere them), you can check 'em out here.

The new fish/crab minis look great — I will probably pick up a couple for conversion purposes. It's been a long time coming!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

I am a bit worried that saturday reveal won't be about 3rd edition... I mean there aren't many rumours going around comparatively to when 2nd AoS or 9th 40K got announced.

There aren't many options for the Saturday reveal to be honest. It is billed as a mystery to generate wider interest. Faction/expansion/codex previews would be under the respective system. Which leaves either 1) Summer big release, or 2) something non-game related.

For big summer release, we have either Old World or AoS3e, or potentially a Horus Heresy soft relaunch. For non-game related we can have the rumoured Live-Action Eisenhorn adaption.

Old World I would expect some more buzz about (like sketches for the 2nd faction) and it will take the Summer big release slot, which will rule out an AoS3e this year. (Old World would require a bunch of releases, and would compete in hype with AoS3e, so not smart marketing) Horus Hersey relaunch would run into a similiar problem, and I don't know how big it is. Which leaves AoS3e and Live Action adaption. Personally I suspect the latter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

There aren't many options for the Saturday reveal to be honest. It is billed as a mystery to generate wider interest. Faction/expansion/codex previews would be under the respective system. Which leaves either 1) Summer big release, or 2) something non-game related.

Maybe it's because I am not invested into 40k fiction at all, but I feel like ending the week with the reveal of an Eisenhorn TV show would not exactly be going out with a bang.

I still remain hopful that we will see more AoS. After all, the Stormcast hammer banner and Ghal Maraz coin are still unaccounted for. Unless they were hyping up that auto battler phone game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Maybe it's because I am not invested into 40k fiction at all, but I feel like ending the week with the reveal of an Eisenhorn TV show would not exactly be going out with a bang.

I still remain hopful that we will see more AoS. After all, the Stormcast hammer banner and Ghal Maraz coin are still unaccounted for. Unless they were hyping up that auto battler phone game.

Well, if you're primary a 40k fan then ending with a new edition for AoS might not be that much of a bang for you either. ;)

Live action adaption would be a big thing for GW (just look at the mainstream popularity of an IP when it gets one of those), and certainly worthwhile for them to hype it up that way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Well, if you're primary a 40k fan then ending with a new edition for AoS might not be that much of a bang for you either. ;)

Live action adaption would be a big thing for GW (just look at the mainstream popularity of an IP when it gets one of those), and certainly worthwhile for them to hype it up that way.

I guess I can just appreciate how much of a big deal a new edition is for a GW game, even if I don't play that game. It's fairly close to my interests still, after all, in so far as it's about miniatures and games.

A 40k TV show is a lot farther removed from that, from my perspective. It's not really inherently more exciting than the announcement of a new Black Library book. But still, I can appreciate that some people get really into the lore, so I'm not going to claim that this is some kind of objectively correct way to feel about these things.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I don’t remember much for 9th either, apart from the same kind of ‘it’s been 3 years, it makes sense’ that there is for AoS now. We have Whitefangs stuff here which has been solid in the past. 

I searched for Whitefangs posts but it appears he hasn't posted anything about 3.0... can you quote the stuff you are referring to?

Could Saturday not be multiple reveals? 40k 9th wasn't properly shown off until the end of May and we're only just starting it, so given how threadbare this Fest has been I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up just being a teaser of "Yeah 3.0 is coming, here's a narration by Sigmar and some shadowy model silhouettes." Adam and Eddie say "Wow!" and then Eisenhorn/some Warhammer Animation thing GW thinks people are more excited about than they actually are.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

I searched for Whitefangs posts but it appears he hasn't posted anything about 3.0... can you quote the stuff you are referring to?

3.0 rumours have come from grimdark live, aos list labs, and (to a lesser extent) honest wargamer. 

Whitefang hasn't really said anything explicit but has definitely steered expectations by the way he/she has been responding to comments here.

Afaik, no one has said AoS 3.0 will be revealed in its entirety on Saturday. But that's clearly what everyone here is hoping for.

Personally I think we should temper expectations a bit in case we're majorly disappointed by what will likely only amount to a very limited teaser trailer that doesn't show any models or rules changes.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Could Saturday not be multiple reveals? 40k 9th wasn't properly shown off until the end of May and we're only just starting it, so given how threadbare this Fest has been I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up just being a teaser of "Yeah 3.0 is coming, here's a narration by Sigmar and some shadowy model silhouettes." Adam and Eddie say "Wow!" and then Eisenhorn/some Warhammer Animation thing GW thinks people are more excited about than they actually are.

Yes I'm thinking there will be multiple things shown- probably not full reveals but more like trailers for AoS3, Old World and maybe new Horus Heresy. Is it on at 6 again or is it at the usual time of weekend reveals? Tonight should have the new Orks -I wonder what else they will tease/preview. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yes I'm thinking there will be multiple things shown- probably not full reveals but more like trailers for AoS3, Old World and maybe new Horus Heresy. Is it on at 6 again or is it at the usual time of weekend reveals? Tonight should have the new Orks -I wonder what else they will tease/preview. 

I'm expecting Beast Snaggas and another Warhammer Animation trailer.

After Monday was nothing but Sisters - a good chunk of which we'd already seen - and a splatbook, even the Animation expectation might be pushing it.

For Saturday, if it is 3.0 I'm fully expecting it to be a teaser trailer with a Sigmar voice over and silhouetted images of models saying soon. Then later in the month on the 22nd we have an exclusive AOS preview showing the boxed set with a release date late June early July. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

For Saturday, if it is 3.0 I'm fully expecting it to be a teaser trailer with a Sigmar voice over and silhouetted images of models saying soon. Then later in the month on the 22nd we have an exclusive AOS preview showing the boxed set with a release date late June early July. 

Totally agree with that. But then, its a livestream lasting around 30-40mins, so they're going to have to fill it with other stuff too  which I imagine will be non-AoS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

If they don't re-release Cursed City, they gotta release Jelsen Darrock on his own to stand in for a "good hunter".

So im not the only one that gets bloodborne vibes from cursed city :) wanted to do a bloodborne/souls inspired undead army for ages, with the release of the mother of nightmares im full on sold :)

Just now, AccendantEvincar said:

So im not the only one that gets bloodborne vibes from cursed city :) wanted to do a bloodborne/souls inspired undead army for ages, with the release of the mother of nightmares im full on sold :)

Bloodborne certainly took inspiration from Warhammer. I was happy when AoS returned to those Warhammer Fantasy-ish roots (or copied BB in return, which is highly ironic). I love the darker mood of BB and CC. While I appreciate some of the new high fantasy stuff, I certainly wouldn't Warhammer to go in the recent Forgotten Realms territory exclusively where things are too colorful and "friendly". I like it desolate and bleak, just like real life! 😎👍

• Like 1

I do think we will see AoS 3 on Saturday but it's a matter of hope Vs expectation. I hope we get a full reveal of the box as we did at Warhammer fest 2018. I think that was my favourite so far as they announced AoS 2  and Adeptus Titanicus.

I expect to see one Stormcast and one mini Orruk. I do not expect to see any rules news. They almost never talk rules at these kinds of previews. Monday's Kragnos info was a surprise. 

I hope we also see a Horus Heresy starter box and hear info about Eisenhorn. I don't expect a video as they almost certainly haven't started filming yet. I also don't actually expect to see Horus Heresy. There have been very few rumours about it except for some vague speculation about MkII armour. 

Whatever happens on Saturday, with the confirmation that Broken Realms Kragnos is the last book,  there is no doubt that AoS 3 IS coming this summer. So even if we hear nothing on Saturday we won't have long to wait to see everything that AoS 3 has to offer and in the meantime we have a Soulblight book that will probably go on pre-order in 2 weeks. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

49 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Yeah most of the stuff previewed this week has been stuff coming out over the next couple of months, so Saturday could be a bunch of hints and teasers for what’s coming later this year!