The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Does anyone know if all the PA books were out before 40k9e was announced? I think that might gives us a reference frame wether or not to expect AoS3e.

Yes, all books were at least revealed, but I’m pretty sure the final book, pariah, was indeed out, however, there’s also an argument to say this can’t be done now, Covid has delayed and caused issues a lot, as well as this reported system change, 3rd physically can’t be delayed without delaying every post 3rd release, which means an entire game system is on hold (one of the top ones as well!) therefore while the books of broken realms may have been delayed 3rd can’t be, so they may have to push it, but 9th only had a video teaser first! And that may be all we get, at the time of 9th no one knew that video was associated though, this time we are prepared.  Yes they may show it off entirely, or they will wait until kragnos is out (it has at least been revealed) and they will say the same as they did with PA these books were made with 3rd(9th) in mind, therefore still buy this book ;) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Does anyone know if all the PA books were out before 40k9e was announced? I think that might gives us a reference frame wether or not to expect AoS3e.

9th was announced at the end of May, whilst the final PA book (Phariah) released at the end of June.

They did have a very jampacked schedule playing catchup with PA books for a few weeks due to Covid and I'd go out on a limb and guess the same thing happened with the five month gap between Morathi and Teclis compared to the relatively close release of Be'lakor when it came to Broken Realms.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

9th was announced at the end of May, whilst the final PA book (Phariah) released at the end of June.

They did have a very jampacked schedule playing catchup with PA books for a few weeks due to Covid and I'd go out on a limb and guess the same thing happened with the five month gap between Morathi, Teclis and then the relatively close release of Be'lakor when it came to Broken Realms.

Yea following this, now kragnos is at least revealed like pariah was ( I thought it was released but only revealed thanks to the dude above) it’s really fair game for 3rd to be announced at the very least 

Luckily I don’t think BR kragnos will suffer the same as pariah, pariah was a really barebones book that was extremely difficult to recommend for customers, it has none of the content the previous ones had, whilst kragnos looks to be written and designed in the exact same vain as the others. So I definitely wouldn’t fear buying this one, I sure will pick it up! 
sorry for double post

Edited by Deakz28
Double post

24 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

3.0 seems more likely to me than Epic 40K/30K, HH.

They normally tease new editions a lot in advance with cryptic video trailers. Last year we had the teaser video on May 10 for 40k, with the full review on May 23.

My guess is that they'll do something similar with AoS. Would be unusual for them to come out guns blazing with a full starter box reveal without building it up even a little bit first. 

Would love to be wrong, I'm as excited for the new edition as everyone else, but I think they'll only offer a few crumbs on Saturday and instead focus on something else. 

4 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

They normally tease new editions a lot in advance with cryptic video trailers. Last year we had the teaser video on May 10 for 40k, with the full review on May 23.

My guess is that they'll do something similar with AoS. Would be unusual for them to come out guns blazing with a full starter box reveal without building it up even a little bit first. 

Would love to be wrong, I'm as excited for the new edition as everyone else, but I think they'll only offer a few crumbs on Saturday and instead focus on something else. 

This is definitely what I see happening a video, teasing the new units, like how the Skorpekh Lord and primaris melee were teased in the video with sisters as the red herring, I could see this and in a few weeks a AOS only preview! And maybe a teaser video at the end hinting to something big but outside (a la silent king style) probably another, yes another, god returning.... maybe someone is lurking in the shadows...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

As you know I'm not huge on Aelves but it's a nice warband! 

I wish IDK weren't elves. Some original new anthropomorphic underwater "xenos" race with soulstealing/vampiric flavour would work too. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Feii said:

I wish IDK weren't elves. Some original new anthropomorphic underwater "xenos" race with soulstealing/vampiric flavour would work too. 

Yeah, that would definitely be cool... but I think if they were less about somewhat typical Aelves visually and more about weird fish-things like those critters or something more mutated, then that would be good enough to make them really interesting. Perhaps in the future they'll become just that. 

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

As a life long resident if the state of Maryland, I am duty bound to buy this crab related Warband.  Now my only question is, "How does one paint Old Bay onto a crab?"

Use a little texture paint, then dry brush it. 

• Like 1

That warband is perfect.  This seasons warbands have been great, with the Slaanesh, Vampires and the Idoneth being the standouts in my view.

I hope it is a preview for a second wave of Idoneth, but the Crimson Court wasn't a great foreshadowing of the Soulblight Grave Lords, whereas the Slaanesh one was.

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, that would definitely be cool... but I think if they were less about somewhat typical Aelves visually and more about weird fish-things like those critters or something more mutated, then that would be good enough to make them really interesting. Perhaps in the future they'll become just that. 

More interesting to you but not me ;). I have been playing the fishy boiz for awhile and love that they are elves. H8ters gonna H8. The Deepkin have amazing lore and miniatures...but this is for rumours and not projecting our dislike for toy elves soooooo. 

I am not sure about getting a second wave of minis for the IDK. I would imagine a DOK treatment with new dice (hopefully these ones will be more functional) and a character which I am totally fine with. Regarding SBGL, I have my fingers crossed there will be some sort of discounted box. I won't be disappointed as I am not expecting an awesome box set the likes of the LRL during wave 1 but I won't be mad if we get one 😈.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

As a life long resident if the state of Maryland, I am duty bound to buy this crab related Warband.  Now my only question is, "How does one paint Old Bay onto a crab?"

I know how you feel from Virginia. I have a deep dislike of Elves, but by Gork I will start a deepkin army if they introduce more crabs. I have a degree in Marine Biology and love their cute little faces. I will give those knife ears a chance if I can have a crab battle.

For old bay they make that rusty powder pigment for tanks and stuff. Apply that to the shell of the crab, add a few black specks for pepper, and you are most of the way there.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 1

The Ghal Maraz banner and coin got to mean something tho. The coin may be related to a later release or anouncement, but the banner got to be something Warhammer Fest related. Even if it is just a teaser for AoS 3.0, some kind of animation or a computer game promotion.

6 hours ago, Visual_Delusion said:

IDK are basically Falmer from Elder Scrolls, right?

They have more in common with es maoromer than falmer. The onky thing they share with falmer is pale skin and blindness. Maorimer raidvthe coasts of summerset and are from pyondinea we learn more about them in eso. They are a fan fav and might be first new race added to eso at some ponit.

Edited by Barkanaut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NicholasFlamelGames said:

More interesting to you but not me ;). I have been playing the fishy boiz for awhile and love that they are elves. H8ters gonna H8. The Deepkin have amazing lore and miniatures...but this is for rumours and not projecting our dislike for toy elves soooooo. 

I am not sure about getting a second wave of minis for the IDK. I would imagine a DOK treatment with new dice (hopefully these ones will be more functional) and a character which I am totally fine with. Regarding SBGL, I have my fingers crossed there will be some sort of discounted box. I won't be disappointed as I am not expecting an awesome box set the likes of the LRL during wave 1 but I won't be mad if we get one 😈.

I have a feeling said discounted box was Cursed City, it just had bad miscommunication and incorrect marketing :( but let’s not open that can of wyrms