The Rumour Thread

If the eisenhorn leaks are true... just want to say... called it ;) but I’d rather be wrong! Equally guys, don’t forget if 3rd isn’t announced on Saturday it means we will get a proper 1/2hour reveal solely dedicated to 3rd! So while we will have to wait, we will get better results in the long term! So don’t be too disappointed, it just means we are getting a better reveal ;) 

• Thanks 2

Yeah, it's kinda funny really. Lots of people (myself included) will feel really disappointed come Saturday if it isn't AoS 3, buuuut with all the signs pointing so firmly at an impending third edition, we'll still get AoS 3 in the near future, and whether or not it gets previewed at Warhammer Fest won't actually affect its release date, so... it's funny how human psychology works, I guess?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Yeah, it's kinda funny really. Lots of people (myself included) will feel really disappointed come Saturday if it isn't AoS 3, buuuut with all the signs pointing so firmly at an impending third edition, we'll still get AoS 3 in the near future, and whether or not it gets previewed at Warhammer Fest won't actually affect its release date, so... it's funny how human psychology works, I guess?

Indeed, but it will definitely get a reveal event and it just means we will get a full stream and not one of these short ones(which I think it deserves nothing less than!) they can’t hold it off due to releases being made for 3rd and not just models and tomes but novels too! Very excited when it’s revealed, kind of hoping for its own stream! But equally I don’t want tears and want us all to see the new goodies ASAP! 

12 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Seriously I already knew about the video game before hand, how was this a preview?

Because big preview events attract a lot of GW's customers who are otherwise not online as much. So they have a far greater chance to miss one off articles or news; plus all those who might not be big gamers and who don't keep up with games, but who might well be interested in such a product.

As for the time yes this could be put down into 1 or 2 days; which is basically what happens every year we don't have global pandemic. GW has just spread it out a bit this week to make it more of a marketing thing and not just one or two days of previews and then nothing. 

Plus don't forget GW's already got a lot of stuff still to come out so these are previews with GW already backlogged a bit. 

It's good to taper expectations just in case, but I'm 100% certain there is more Age of Sigmar coming on Saturday, it could/should be a new edition announcemnet but it might be something else.

My evidence: The banners for warhammerfest.

When GW put up a new article about warhammerfest, they highlight one of the releases in the thumbnail, and put the banner it corresponds to front and center behind it. (They didn't do that for Necromunda today, because they did it for underworlds, but the Delaque reveal was clearly necromunda, and the banner logo of the black aquila skull is also clearly necromunda)

So going by the linked images, and what we have left. We have seen all the Banners represented except for the ork skull (which is amlost certainly in reguards to the new beast snagga orks to be unveiled tomorrow on a 40k preview day) ANd that only leaves the hammer of Sigmar banner, and with 1 whole "mystery day" left. It seems likely that banner corresponds to the day.

Screenshot (53).png

Screenshot (54).png

Screenshot (56).png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Overall: Some cool releases but it felt a little short and a bit flat. I will agree with the people here that have said this could have been maybe a weekend long event rather than a full week. Hopefully Saturday’s reveal makes it all worthwhile!

Warhammer Underworlds:
I really love this warband! I think it captures so much of why I think that IDK are aesthetically the nicest Aelven faction in the game. I did purchase the IDK Battleforce but eventually traded it aways as the models intimidated my low level hobby prowess. Still if they keep up this standard I will likely finding myself getting them again only to trade away out of fear.

Necromunda:
I feel these chaps could easily work with my Slaves to darkness army I could proxy them as heroes and the mechanical flying thing as a chaos spawn? I doubt I will go through with this plan but I often feel that way about Necromunda stuff and don’t follow through. I think I would be more inclined to follow through in proxying Necromunda models if I played it or 40k as I feel like it is a bit cost prohibitive considering I would likely run the models as something that there are cheaper options for.

Aeronautica Imperialis:
This game interests me, but I think if I would invest in a space combat game I would be more interested in the X-Wing or Armada as I prefer the IP. But I do think these ships look nice and provide more imaginative possibilities as they are not pre-painted. I will look up some battle reports and check out the rules… So I guess I am interested but not invested. 

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

Because big preview events attract a lot of GW's customers who are otherwise not online as much. So they have a far greater chance to miss one off articles or news; plus all those who might not be big gamers and who don't keep up with games, but who might well be interested in such a product.

As for the time yes this could be put down into 1 or 2 days; which is basically what happens every year we don't have global pandemic. GW has just spread it out a bit this week to make it more of a marketing thing and not just one or two days of previews and then nothing. 

Plus don't forget GW's already got a lot of stuff still to come out so these are previews with GW already backlogged a bit. 

Understood sir, my legions will stand down.

• Haha 1

been thinking about the short previews today and I'm wondering how much of this decision was to get data on a- customer engagement and b- customer reactions, without these datapoints overlapping through different IPs or games. it'd be much easier to sort and collate this data after small, specific reveals than one weekend of an hours-long reveal.

the BL day was probably the smallest live audience so far, but it did tick up during the Ghosts set reveal. I was keeping an eye on the viewer count today, it dipped down slightly after each reveal but was also gaining viewers before the next one. heck even after the full stream ended today there were still 3000 people waiting around.

I don't recall GW saying how long any of the days would be, but I think it's a safe guess that Saturday could be a much longer reveal stream than what we've gotten so far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

It is a top view of the big claw. You can tell by the 3 side spikes and the ridges on the inside of the claws. Barnacles are the same

i'll give you the side spikes, but the claw still doesn't look open enough to look like the rumor engine. we'll have to wait for more angles (ha)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, elfhead said:

After all the underworld warbands are released, I would love it if they release the dread pageant separate from the starter kit. 

Won't be for another year and a half at least, when the sixth season makes Direchasm 'illegal'.

The Cursebreakers and Briar Queen sold separately look to have snuck onto Direct Only without any fanfare since Nightvault was discontinued.