The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I'd be ok with that.  They pretty much already are just a type of beastman, and my Skirmish warband uses them as the fodder troops to support my blight kings and drones.

Blasphemy really, they should be Destruction. Not hugely fond of their move over to Chaos

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

I don't think we will see aos specific nurgle stuff for a while. I believe they said outright that pox walkers would not be coming over. 

Noooooo! Then I have to convert them into Marauders myself. I do seriously not have the time for that. Really hope that you are wrong on this...

2 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

They have pretty clear differences fluff wise, so imo it wouldn't make sense if Pestilents would be folded in a Nurgle book.

Right, but Disciples of Tzeentch was the key word Tzeentch book. If they follow the same path with Nurgle then they're going to get allegiance synergy. 

I could see them as a distinct branch of the forces of Nurgle, like how daemons and disciples are separate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I don't think that's a good news. I believe most expected slaanesh to have completely new models with a proper introduction as previous armies had. This suggests that it will be just a repack. 

i think we will see in starter box:  Exalted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh, Seekers of Slaanesh and Daemonettes of Slaanesh

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I don't think that's a good news. I believe most expected slaanesh to have completely new models with a proper introduction as previous armies had. This suggests that it will be just a repack. 

oh there will be.

slaanesh has 3 unique mortal models, they'll redo the whole range 

Good to see that new Start Collecting boxes are on the way. More keen to see what those are than Path to Glory to be honest, if only because it opens up more races to become affordable to collect. I'll certainly be tempted by Fyreslayers I reckon.

The Slaanesh ones kinda just falls into place (Daemonettes, Seekers and a Chariot, with either Daemonettes or the Chariot doubling up). They could throw a curve ball and include the Hellstriders, but seems a bit odd to have 1 mortal unit amongst all the Daemons.

Beastclaw only have 2 plastic kits in their entire range. Stonehorn/Thundertusk at 96AUD and Mournfang @ 4 for 110AUD. Slots in nicely, so that's what I'd expect.

If I were to hazzard a guess for Fyreslayers, it'd probably be 10 Vulkites, 5 Hearthguard and 1 of the plastic clampack characters. Hopefully the Runemaster, as I reckon he's the more interesting of the 4.

Also, one can hope there are a few more to come and not just those 3 indicated. Not gonna get my hopes up, but I reckon you could make some interesting Wanderers and Free Peoples Start Collecting sets.

Edited by someone2040
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, someone2040 said:

If I were to hazzard a guess for Fyreslayers, it'd probably be 10 Vulkites, 5 Hearthguard and 1 of the plastic clampack characters. Hopefully the Runemaster, as I reckon he's the more interesting of the 4.

Also, one can hope there are a few more to come and not just those 3 indicated. Not gonna get my hopes up, but I reckon you could make some interesting Wanderers and Free Peoples Start Collecting sets.

Part of me is hoping for the mounted character pack for the Fyreslayers. But that would probably be too good of deal since it gives three characters total.

And they just repacked some Wanderer and Dispossessed kits, so its possible. The repacked Wanderers also make a perfect Start Collecting box: Nomad Prince, Glade Guards and Wild Riders. £7 saving so it wouldn't be too much of a wishlist!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlooDeck said:

Part of me is hoping for the mounted character pack for the Fyreslayers. But that would probably be too good of deal since it gives three characters total.

And they just repacked some Wanderer and Dispossessed kits, so its possible. The repacked Wanderers also make a perfect Start Collecting box: Nomad Prince, Glade Guards and Wild Riders. £7 saving so it wouldn't be too much of a wishlist!

I don't think they'll do the Magmadroth only because the Magmadroth alone already costs as much as the entire contents of most Start Collecting boxes.

Just analyzed a bunch of stuff, and I think these sets could conceivably make sense for factions that don't currently have them (and aren't one of the three we know are going to get them). This assumes that the price point is the same ($140AUD) and I made them based on Australian retail prices.

Wanderers: Nomad Prince, 16 Glade Guard, 5 Wild Riders + 10 Eternal Guard.

Nice selection of stuff, lands in the right ball park.

Free Peoples: Freeguild General on Foot, 2 boxes of Freeguild Guard/Handgunners/Archers/Outriders, 3 Demigryph Knights

Freeguild has a lot of options because a lot of the boxes are largely interchangeable being at the same price point.

Dispossessed: Warden King, 16 Warriors, 16 Quarrellers, 10 Irondrakes/Hammerers

A bit boring. I wouldn't predict them getting one, because they're all infantry. That being said, it's pretty likely that Fyreslayers would be all infantry as well...  Possibly Hammerers are more likely as the Quarrellers already give you a ranged unit.

Brayherds: Great Bray Shaman, 10 Ungor, 10 Gor, 10 Bestigor

A bit boring also, it's a bit like their old battalion but with the Great Bray Shaman in there.

Daughters of Khaine : Cauldron of Blood, 10 Witch Aelves, 5 Doomfire Warlocks

Can do one with the plastic kits they currently have. Nice rounded set. I don't think they'd get tone though, as this contains all the models for the Daughters range.

Devoted of Sigmar: War Shrine of Sigmar, 20 Flagellants

Pretty simple set made up of the only stuff in plastic. I wouldn't bet for it though, as it's pretty boring and the War Alter can only make 1 thing. All the other 'centrepiece' models tend to be able to make different variants.

Darking Covens: Sorceress on Black Dragon, 10 Bleakswords, 10 Executioners

I'd probably bet on the Dragon over the foot variant, but in any case think it's unlikely. This is all the kits for the Darkling Covens (apart from Foot Sorceress) in one package. 

Scourge Privateers: Fleetmaster, 20 Black Ark Corsairs, Kharadribyss

Interesting little set, I think personally I'd prefer the Chariot in there but it's already on the cheaper end when it comes to savings. I think it's unlikely as GW hasn't shown any sets that duplicate kits yet.

Bonesplitterz: Savage Big Boss, 20 Savage Orruks, 10 Savage Boar Boyz

Pretty doubtful set, there's just no variety available in terms of kits as Bonesplitterz is made up of 2 kits + characters. It ends up just being a load of Orruks. Compare it to Greenskinz which throws a Chariot in the mix (even if it's an old shoddy Chariot model). 

Gitmob Grots: Gitmob Shaman, 40 Grots, 10 Wolf Riders

The most boring and uninteresting set ever. Sadly I think, given the age of the models, that Gitmob probably should've just been left behind when the Grand Alliance books swung around. I don't see them getting an update in the future, and I get the feeling they kept them because they have all the War Machines in Destruction.

And that's about it really. Noticeable lack of Death stuff. They've pretty much exhausted their options of plastic battleline kits. You need to go into Zombie territory to make a new start collecting box I reckon. You could probably do something like Necromander, 40 Zombies, Corpse Cart or Mortis Engine, 20 Zombies, Corpse Cart, but I think it's unlikely for the same reason as the Grots, old aging Zombie models that people don't really want to buy.

Also interestingly, even though Order is the largest Grand Alliance, it only has 3 Start Collecting sets (The same number as Death). Chaos has the most, mainly because there are 3 Daemon sets (this is likely due to the 40k cross over).

Edited by someone2040
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, someone2040 said:

Wanderers: Nomad Prince, 16 Glade Guard, 5 Wild Riders + 10 Eternal Guard.

Nice selection of stuff, lands in the right ball park.

Daughters of Khaine : Cauldron of Blood, 10 Witch Aelves, 5 Doomfire Warlocks

Can do one with the plastic kits they currently have. Nice rounded set. I don't think they'd get tone though, as this contains all the models for the Daughters range.

Bonesplitterz: Savage Big Boss, 20 Savage Orruks, 10 Savage Boar Boyz

Pretty doubtful set, there's just no variety available in terms of kits as Bonesplitterz is made up of 2 kits + characters. It ends up just being a load of Orruks. Compare it to Greenskinz which throws a Chariot in the mix (even if it's an old shoddy Chariot model). 

Please do these ones first!  Daughters of Khaine would be instant buy for me. As for your doubts on the latter two, didn't the FEC start collecting contain their entire plastic range as well?

To all the people who doubt that the Fyreslayers box won't have a magmadroth... have you guys seen the other boxes?

Every box except possibly one exception has 2 units of troops, a hero, and an elite. That's the format.

I can't see this box not having the magmadroth kit. It would have nothing that looked remotely interesting otherwise, just a bunch of naked dwarves with no centerpiece model.

I mean, one of the boxes has the morghast kit in it? pestilens has a screaming bell, aaannnnd warp lightning cannon? I think we will see the magmadroth kit price drop, and i think it is more than likely we will have a droth in this SC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Karlbonner said:

To all the people who doubt that the Fyreslayers box won't have a magmadroth... have you guys seen the other boxes?

Every box except possibly one exception has 2 units of troops, a hero, and an elite. That's the format.

I can't see this box not having the magmadroth kit. It would have nothing that looked remotely interesting otherwise, just a bunch of naked dwarves with no centerpiece model.

I mean, one of the boxes has the morghast kit in it? pestilens has a screaming bell, aaannnnd warp lightning cannon? I think we will see the magmadroth kit price drop, and i think it is more than likely we will have a droth in this SC

Cost of Magmadroth: US$110

Cost of a Start Collecting box: US$85

This is why so many people expect the Magmadroth to be excluded from the Fyreslayers a Start Collecting. As far as I know, all of the existing Start Collecting centerpiece models cost US$85 or less. I know the Seraphon box is basically buying the Carnosaur and getting some Warriors and Knights for free, but I'm not expecting "buy a Magmadroth at a 25% discount and get other units for free."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rokapoke said:

Cost of Magmadroth: US$110

Cost of a Start Collecting box: US$85

This is why so many people expect the Magmadroth to be excluded from the Fyreslayers a Start Collecting. As far as I know, all of the existing Start Collecting centerpiece models cost US$85 or less. I know the Seraphon box is basically buying the Carnosaur and getting some Warriors and Knights for free, but I'm not expecting "buy a Magmadroth at a 25% discount and get other units for free."

But then you also get three character models in the Magmadroth box as well, so if they just gave you one character and the Magma its not impossible.

Just saw on Facebook that the Start Collecting boxes will be going up for purchase this weekend, presumably with the Paths To Glory book.

I would love to see a new unit for Fyreslayers (mini magmadroths plz) but expect something like Grimwrath, 5 Hearthguard, 10 Vulkite.