The Rumour Thread

Everyone mentions Whitefang, is this guy some insider of sorts? ๐Ÿ˜‹

If we get more stormcasts this means that GW needs some serious competition on the wargaming area, so they can stop releasing more of the same thing (stormcasts/space marines) and diversify the release boxes. ๐Ÿ˜ช

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

Everyone mentions Whitefang, is this guy some insider of sorts? ๐Ÿ˜‹

If we get more stormcasts this means that GW needs some serious competition on the wargaming area, so they can stop releasing more of the same thing (stormcasts/space marines) and diversify the release boxes. ๐Ÿ˜ช

Youโ€™re aware that Stormcast havenโ€™t had anything (except single characters)ย in 3-4 years right?

While LRL and Slaanesh just got two waves within 12 months (technically 3 for Slaanesh?)

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bluesummers said:

You sure? I think the so-called Stormcast overkill is a bit of an community thing. To me Age of Sigmarโ€™s releases come across as relative diverse: new factions, revamping older factions and several โ€˜splashโ€™ releases (heroes/special characters).ย 
ย 

(I get this statement on Space Marines, but as said before: TGA isnโ€™t the place for that, boring, discussion)ย 

• Like 5

Baseless speculation, but what if the new starter is Cities of Sigmar/Order of Azyr with 1/4 Stormcast? Rules allow it, and would make represent a Siege defendant force, if the Siege of Excelsis is the thing that kicks off 3e.

4 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Youโ€™re aware that Stormcast havenโ€™t had anything in 3-4 years right?

While LRL and Slaanesh just got two waves within 12 months.ย 

Hey now, they got a named character a few weeks ago. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Youโ€™re aware that Stormcast havenโ€™t had anything in 3-4 years right?

While LRL and Slaanesh just got two waves within 12 months.ย 

Haven't played since the release of 2nd so i don't know, if thats the case then its good for the game. But i am talking more of the "posterboys" tactic which is hideous, they tried doing it in AoS but thank god it failed and the armies you play against are not 80% stormcasts (something like in 40K and marines which is the reason i never got into the sci-fi equivalent).

Edited by Bluesummers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

20 minutes ago, Socrates said:

You sure? I think the so-called Stormcast overkill is a bit of an community thing. To me Age of Sigmarโ€™s releases come across as relative diverse: new factions, revamping older factions and several โ€˜splashโ€™ releases (heroes/special characters).ย 
ย 

(I get this statement on Space Marines, but as said before: TGA isnโ€™t the place for that, boring, discussion)ย 

As i mentioned above their tactic to "marinify" AoS failed as stormcasts aren't as popular as they wanted them to be, so now you got the occasional release box with a new chapter. Also i believe stormcasts are the reason behind not getting a proper human faction all these years...

But enough with all this talk about SCs, fingers crossed for a 3.0 announcement ๐Ÿ˜‹.

Edited by Bluesummers
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, 123lac said:

Yeah but fundamentally beasts of chaos are the wild version of chaos. The pure version in a sense.ย 

Beasts of chaos just need some proper love from gw.ย 

It's like saying that I wish everybody had a wonderful life. Who could disagree with me then you get too the details of what "proper love from GW" means and people start arguing.

One thing I do miss from WHFB is starter boxes from all editions not featuring the same faction on one side over and over.

I'm cool with SCE getting more stuff. There's other armies that need it way, way more but they can get some stuff here and there no problem. Every starter box featuring SCE? Please no. I get the value of a consistent beginner-friendly "semi-protagonist" army, but me and a lot of people (can't say exactly how many) would rather not automatically feel disinterest towards one half of all starter sets.

It certainly doesn't help convince all the misinformed players who believe SCE are as pushed as they were at the start of 1st edition to try out the game. Featuring Stormcast as the face of the franchise almost everywhere seems counterproductive in that regard (and I can't wait for the AOS videogames to catch up with the faction diversity we currently have).

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

One thing I do miss from WHFB is starter boxes from all editions not featuring the same faction on one side over and over.

I'm cool with SCE getting more stuff. There's other armies that need it way, way more but they can get some stuff here and there no problem. Every starter box featuring SCE? Please no. I get the value of a consistent beginner-friendly "semi-protagonist" army, but me and a lot of people (can't say exactly how many) would rather not automatically feel disinterest towards one half of all starter sets.

It certainly doesn't help convince all the misinformed players who believe SCE are as pushed as they were at the start of 1st edition to try out the game. Featuring Stormcast as the face of the franchise almost everywhere seems counterproductive in that regard (and I can't wait for the AOS videogames to catch up with the faction diversity we currently have).

I totally agree with you. Never played Fantasy but back in the day i think there wasn't this "posterboy" thing so you got diverse army boxes?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

Haven't played since the release of 2nd so i don't know, if thats the case then its good for the game. But i am talking more of the "posterboys" tactic which is hideous, they tried doing in AoS but thank god it failed and the armies you play against are not 80% stormcasts (something like in 40K and marines which is the reason i never got into the sci-fi equivalent).

You just posted cringe.ย 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

I think the same and hopefully this will be the last edition to feature stormcast in the starter since they've now fought against every grand alliance. Having two different armies each time is just a breath of fresh air. Never played fantasy but always remember the high elf vs. Skaven box set which seemed so much more interestingย 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

As i mentioned above their tactic to "marinify" AoS failed as stormcasts aren't as popular as they wanted them to be, so now you got the occasional release box with a new chapter. Also i believe stormcasts are the reason behind not getting a proper human faction all these years...

Interesting take on things. I always thought that due to the hugeย span of the Mortal Realms it would be undoable to design a 'general' human faction which would fit all of the realms. Stormcast Eternals being a liberation/invasion force fits more easily in the different realms. (don't get me wrong, I'd love some new human models!)

Aside from that, I truly believe a lot of 'hate' the Stormcast Eternals get has to do with those who played Warhammer Fantasy, saw 'their game' end and now still see these 'Sigmarines' as the embodiment of evil.ย 

Edited by Socrates
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Not to talk about this all the time, but I just don't see the benefit of making BoC Destruction beyond "I want this army to be something else".

Is it freedom? BoC are the only chaos army with complete agency over their actions, they do whatever they want so long as it suits their principles. They're not the slaves of the chaos gods.

Is it content/relevance? That can be done without the change to Destruction.ย 

Playing more with the primal beast theme? That can also be done without Destruction.

BoC cause destruction because of their inherent and religious hatred for civilization, for order, for non-chaos. None of the Destruction armies have this reason for destroying, theirs is generally a matter of convenience, survival, fun or proving they are the strongest. BoC do these things, yes, but that hatred for civilization has always been their main priority and motivation.

You take away chaos, you take away their entire lore, fully rework their culture, ignore their philosophy, undo their premise, everything but the aesthetic (and not all of it is saved). I'm cool with some beastmen becoming part of Destruction, maybe even developing into their own army, but taking BoC out of chaos? Just make a new army, feral kurnothi, whatever species, Kragnos comes from, something different, whatever. Don't take away the army with the spot that no other chaos army can fill.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Aside from that, I truly believe a lot of 'hate' the Stormcast Eternals get has to do with those who played Warhammer Fantasy, saw 'their game' end and now still see these 'Sigmarines' as the embodiment of evil.ย 

I don't hate Stormcast and I think it's fine if they get a new release in the starter set, but I'd disagree with this take. I was against the amount of SC releases in AoS 1 and up to 2's beginning and I had never played a game of Fantasy in my life, and neither had the others who disliked their release schedule.ย 

The reason was basically that there were loads of cool concepts in AoS we were really excited about that weren't touched upon in favour of another SC release.ย 

This is no longer the issue now, but I don't think it's accurate to characterise complaints against AoS/SC as just disgruntled Fantasy players :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RamsesIII said:

Not to talk about this all the time, but I just don't see the benefit of making BoC Destruction beyond "I want this army to be something else".

Is it freedom? BoC are the only chaos army with complete agency over their actions, they do whatever they want so long as it suits their principles. They're not the slaves of the chaos gods.

Is it content/relevance? That can be done without the change to Destruction.ย 

Playing more with the primal beast theme? That can also be done without Destruction.

BoC cause destruction because of their inherent and religious hatred for civilization, for order, for non-chaos. None of the Destruction armies have this reason for destroying, theirs is generally a matter of convenience, survival, fun or proving they are the strongest. BoC do these things, yes, but that hatred for civilization has always been their main priority and motivation.

You take away chaos, you take away their entire lore, fully rework their culture, ignore their philosophy, undo their premise, everything but the aesthetic (and not all of it is saved). I'm cool with some beastmen becoming part of Destruction, maybe even developing into their own army, but taking BoC out of chaos? Just make a new army, feral kurnothi, whatever species, Kragnos comes from, something different, whatever. Don't take away the army with the spot that no other chaos army can fill.

You mean the army that doesn't sell and is extremely unpopular? Nice niche to have and then you wonder why GW keeps not caring about BoC

Just now, Feii said:

You mean the army that doesn't sell and is extremely unpopular? Nice niche to have and then you wonder why GW keeps not caring about BoC

I mean, Slaanesh was really unpopular and niche for a long time (esp with all the talks of squatting) and it's now one of the biggest ranges. I don't think BoC players have to give up hope due to current unpopularityย ย 

• Like 5

Just now, Feii said:

They haven't had new releases in the entirety of AOS (that I can remember right now) aside from marked gors that are already parts of other far more supported armies, they have no playable named characters and their impact in the big events of the lore is non-existent.ย 

I don't think the issue is them being chaos-aligned.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'd disagree with this take.ย 

This is no longer the issue now, but I don't think it's accurate to characterise complaints against AoS/SC as just disgruntled Fantasy players :)

Good point, I might have formulated a bit too stark, thanks for pointing it out.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

I mean, Slaanesh was really unpopular and niche for a long time (esp with all the talks of squatting) and it's now one of the biggest ranges. I don't think BoC players have to give up hope due to current unpopularityย ย 

Nah man if anything boc are going to consume all 4 of the lesser gods (tzeentch, khorne , nurgle and slaanesh)

ย 

Just now, Enoby said:

Slaanesh is still (Sadly it is my fav god) the least popular Chaos God. The ****** rules they gave them, dooesn't help but that is a slightly different topic) Look at /r/necrontyr stats they have quadrupled their subscriber count since their big release which included a good/decent battletome and new range. Releasing a new range without a proper rules is just pure idiocy on the GW part.ย 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feii said:

Slaanesh is still (Sadly it is my fav god) the least popular Chaos God. The ****** rules they gave them, dooesn't help but that is a slightly different topic) Look at /r/necrontyr stats they have quadrupled their subscriber count since their big release which included a good/decent battletome and new range. Releasing a new range without a proper rules is just pure idiocy on the GW part.ย 

I feel I've bought enough to bring them into the 'popular' territory :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Maybe the aesthetic of Kragnos (this savage, barbaric look)ย means that when Beasts of Chaos receive something new, they go to the "mutation" route. I mean, in the lore, Morghur is still an existing force (even mentioned as a "minor chaos god" in the battletome). So maybe gw intention is, while keeping the "wild beast mob" theme, add some warping, chaos spawn-ish flavour to the army. I personally hope they keepย BoC being that primal chaos themed army.ย 

• Like 1

I really hope that after Destruction and Duardin and other smaller Factions recieve their updates, that the next Chaos alligned Factions updated are not any of the big 4 but a relaunch of Skaven and BOC. Update all the resin and old metal minis from Skaven, update the Gors, Bullgors, Razorgor, Tuskgor Chariot...hell update almost the entire BOC range and make them a primal fury that we know them to be. Keep them Chaos.

• Like 4