The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Whitefang liked my post about more like terminator stormcast, I’m guess bulky dudes built more or less for taking on deadly force... or destruction ;) 

big(ger)cast
stormcast terminators/aggressors as prior mentioned

more lord ordinators?

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

In regards to the Black Library Preview tomorrow what do we want to see?

Model wise I'd love for Hamilcar Bear Eater to recieve a model!! Even the cover of his book just like Gardus would be perfect!!

Novel wise Im hoping for some more Destruction focused novels. Either with them as antagonists or protagonists. 

A group of Disspossessed tasked with taking back a hold from a Troggherd, a Stormcast Chamber hunting down a Beastclaw Raiders Alfrostun that has been expanding its Mawpath or even a Freeguild Regiment holding out Dawn of the Dead style as a Stomp of Gargants wrecks their town.

I’d definitely want destruction books! And maybe just one about kragnos! If not a Hamilcar model a felix one would be cool! 40K had the last character model stands to reason aos would be next, but otherwise a siege of Terra book and a 40K book, given how short these streams are, I think we won’t see much unfortunately, maybe a mega edition on top with a interview! 

1 minute ago, Indecisive said:

big(ger)cast
stormcast terminators/aggressors as prior mentioned

more lord ordinators?

I was looking at the known but unopened chambers and one caught my eye, called the ruination chamber, sounds like the kind of chamber you’d open up to ruin a siege! Maybe a Lord Relictor? Would be nice! 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Considering they showed off a trailer for that mobile game, we might actually see something this week.

I think the game might be actually good if the devs come up with an interesting autobattler. Like you really need an efficient game to play while on the toilet. 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

;););) 

I watched it too. Can confirm. 

A credible person (the likes of Whitefang trust me) said this summer would be GREAT. 

And apparently the SCE are worth the wait... BRING IT ON

I expect  stormcast war machines, maybe a storm-cannon,  maybe even a twin-tailed heavens dragon.

I wonder what the Covenant Chambers and Logister Chambers are all about. 

The  Covenant Chambers sound like they have something to do with priest and Logister Chambers sounds like something for transportation.

Edited by xking

8 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

I like BL day because unlike AoS and 40K days there’s no chance of anyone getting disappointed - it’s Black Library, how disappointing can it get?

they discontinue xenos books or say that Gav thorpe will be writing another eldar shite book lmao

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, xking said:

I wonder what the Covenant Chambers and Logister Chambers are all about. 

The  Covenant Chambers sound like they have something to do with priest and Logister Chambers sounds like something for transportation.

my bet on Logister is Stormcast Skyship like KO

31 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

I’d definitely want destruction books! And maybe just one about kragnos! If not a Hamilcar model a felix one would be cool! 40K had the last character model stands to reason aos would be next, but otherwise a siege of Terra book and a 40K book, given how short these streams are, I think we won’t see much unfortunately, maybe a mega edition on top with a interview! 

Anything AOS that isnt directly Chaos focused I'm all about. They have become the token baddies recently. 

30 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

I was looking at the known but unopened chambers and one caught my eye, called the ruination chamber, sounds like the kind of chamber you’d open up to ruin a siege! Maybe a Lord Relictor? Would be nice! 

Sad React from Whitefang!! No dice it seems.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Deakz28 said:

Possibly a better reference may have been more along the lines of “terminator/aggressor” stormcast, the rumours point to more kitted out and knightly stormcast, and it’s the closest thing I’d consider to “primaris” stormcast further

Ruination Chamber? Is that still an option  or was that revealed as something else?

stormcast terminators also fixes the main gripe with stormcast.

why do are army of superpowered reincarnated eternal golden lightning demigods formed from the souls of legendary warriors sit almost stat-for-stat as 'guy/gal in some armour who worships the devil'

Edited by Dreddships
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

why do are army of superpowered reincarnated eternal golden lightning demigods formed from the souls of legendary warriors sit almost stat-for-stat as 'guy/gal in some armour who worships the devil'

Don’t buy stormcast and go directly to a chaos army?

Edited by baiardo
  • Like 1

It's a long shot but I'd really love to see a AoS Slaanesh Black Library book. A chaos protagonist would be an interesting read - AoS is a world of infinite possibilities, so it'd be nice if one of them was a well written Chaos character :P 

With the amount on Slaanesh narratively at the moment it'd be a shame if we didn't get a story from their perspective. 

(On a more serious note, there are some well written Chaos characters, but there are also a decent number that get hit with the "dumb and evil" stick so they feel like cartoon characters that no one would want to read any deeper into; AoS is the perfect setting to turn this around)  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Well to be fair, Chaos Warriors are not exactly "random guys in armor". Over here we take the Path to Glory very seriously :P

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Thanks for the consideration mate!! Honestly, selfishly, I wish Kragnos were a named Gargant. Gargants are an earthquake on the move!!

I really love the model but it's not for me, buying wise.

Aesthetically he just doesnt feel 'Destructiony' enough. My opinion may change if they released a Faction for him but as a one of off I'm not the biggest fan, he still screams BOC to me.

In regards to BR I hope Gordrakk isnt outshone by Kragnos, I really dont want his first time in the spotlight to be overshadowed by Kragnos and used as a punching bag by GW to show just how tough the new guy is.

counterpoint: Beasts of Chaos should've been Destruction from the start, most of them don't worship one singular chaos god (if they even worship the big 4) and so many aspects line up with GA Destruction rather than Chaos.

2 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

Possibly a better reference may have been more along the lines of “terminator/aggressor” stormcast, the rumours point to more kitted out and knightly stormcast, and it’s the closest thing I’d consider to “primaris” stormcast further

we already have Paladins though..? they are already heavy knight/terminator type Stormcast. I don't understand how much more they could possibly bulk up Stormcast...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, drcrater said:

Well to be fair, Chaos Warriors are not exactly "random guys in armor". Over here we take the Path to Glory very seriously :P

He doesn't know that Chaos Warriors are infused with powers by ACTUAL gods, not underlings of those weakling pseudo gods of the "used to be mortals" kind. 😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

It's a long shot but I'd really love to see a AoS Slaanesh Black Library book. A chaos protagonist would be an interesting read - AoS is a world of infinite possibilities, so it'd be nice if one of them was a well written Chaos character :P 

With the amount on Slaanesh narratively at the moment it'd be a shame if we didn't get a story from their perspective. 

(On a more serious note, there are some well written Chaos characters, but there are also a decent number that get hit with the "dumb and evil" stick so they feel like cartoon characters that no one would want to read any deeper into; AoS is the perfect setting to turn this around)  

Technically there's a Sigvald book, though it is set in the Old World.  They did one for a champion of each if the Choas gods, but the Sigvald was the best of the bunch.