The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Yes, GW didn't promise that but also there was not enough communication on their side that it simply won't work.

In a Warcom article they actually said that the box was a good starting point for a SBGL army. ^^ (but who knows, they tend to edit their articles every now and then to "correct" mistakes)

I am really looking forward to seeing the rules for the army! :D I hope you can make a crazy wolf-build which buffs dire wolfes to be scary in combat :D

• Thanks 1

As someone with lots of assorted seraphon models I have a wee bit of hope that they might get an update at some point in the near future. It certainly looks like Kragnos considers them to be his main enemy. If Kragnos' race were to return maybe we could see a boxed kit against the lizards?

Maybe there's hope for saurus that don't look like they're squatting over a toilet seat

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

In a Warcom article they actually said that the box was a good starting point for a SBGL army. ^^ (but who knows, they tend to edit their articles every now and then to "correct" mistakes)

I am really looking forward to seeing the rules for the army! :D I hope you can make a crazy wolf-build which buffs dire wolfes to be scary in combat :D

For some reason I can't add any more reactions today, so I just want to say thank you for reminding that GW actually did advertise CC this way.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Let's be honest here - you are not going to win many matched play games by taking 680 points of random heroes. We can assume they won't have any battalions and their rules are simply symbolic. I really don't understand why they kicked their customers by making it obligatory to take all of the CC or none basically.

Its never meant to be anything good for matched play. They just let u use them with some rules for people to have some fun with them in AoS. They cant force anyone who wants a comp army to buy cursed city or any other boxed games for that matter just because there is a limited run model that is OP in some way.

• Like 1

My predictions for today... lots of orks that we will see the conversion potential for, but also literally nothing that will make me excited. But come day two of 40k they will release a new army that will break my will but be no match for my empty bank account so it will not be collected. So as someone with no grounding in 40k lore, I am hoping for a Dark Mechanicus or Exodites.

I still hope for some big 3.0 AOS news on Saturday. I am still sad that LOTR does not have a dedicated day but hope for some news on the boxed game day...

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

They cant force anyone who wants a comp army to buy cursed city or any other boxed games for that matter just because there is a limited run model that is OP in some way.

Easy. They could have designed sprues the way to be able to sell these models separately later on. It was possible with Radukar, it was possible with Ogroid Thaumaturge and Gaunt Summoner in the previous Warhammer Quest so it could be possible with every single mini in Cursed City. It was GW decision to make CC Soulblight minis weak for AoS which in my opinion was really bad.

• Like 1

I feel like 3 different people designed SBG 1 did the remake of old sculptures 2nd did all the vyrkos and 3rd did the centerpiece. To me they don't seem like a cohesive army, unless we will get more stuff in 9 months which think we will it's too scattered. 

Also i think there is a big missed opportunity here. When they shown the first part of the army and blood dragon logo i thought the new vamps will be about the only death resource which is not used by any other death army and that is blood.  Something like The Yncarne, Avatar of Ynnead but with blood instead of magic. I would be fine with vampiretaur in that army, along with some other nightmare creatures, Castlevania style.  First thing that comes to mind is a vamp/spider hybrid like Cydea from Diablo.

With what we got i feel like there is a part 2 of the army waiting i mean the fact that Vyrkos didn't get a unit is quite bizzare. We got so many new heroes but not even 1 new unit that is not a resulpt.

To the people that think any cursed city expansions were scrapped and put into Gravelords. Think about how much time it takes to make any major decisions like that in any other company and there you have your answer.  It would take more then a year to do an adjustment like that do no. Neither of the SBG miniatures were planned as CC expansion. Not every vampire belongs in the city of Ulfenkarn. 

Perhaps the 40K ork reveals will give me some conversion proxies for Kragnos. I an not a fan of the giant centaur aesthetic for Destruction. Looks like a beasts of chaos unit that got lost and strayed into a random destruction army.  Instead I might use some gargantuan earth elemental, or one of privateer press's stone trolls, to represent "Kragnos, god of earthquakes". and poor Brodd, I bet he would have given his right arm for the "God of Earthquakes" to be a unique mega-gargant instead of an oversized centaur. 

On the other hand the Kragnos model would make a fantastic base model for a Warcraft inspired mannaroth type demon.. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

For some reason I can't add any more reactions today, so I just want to say thank you for reminding that GW actually did advertise CC this way.

CC is a great start for a gravelords army. 

I have a vampire lord, a Necromancer, 10 skeletons and 10 zombies. 

I'll also be using the 3 vamps as vampire heroes if such a thing exists, the grave digger as another Necromancer and the big wolf thing as a vargulf courtier in my flesh eaters army. 

Not to mention objectives markers

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

CC is a great start for a gravelords army. 

I have a vampire lord, a Necromancer, 10 skeletons and 10 zombies. 

I'll also be using the 3 vamps as vampire heroes if such a thing exists, the grave digger as another Necromancer and the big wolf thing as a vargulf courtier in my flesh eaters army. 

Not to mention objectives markers

Worse if you encounter a player or tournament with "what you see is what you get" rule. Or somebody simply wants to have everything compatible with actual rules and doesn't want to have any proxies.

One can always pretend that his Morathi model is Alarielle for the purpose of Sylvaneth army but it somehow kills the immersion for me.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Like Teclis and Tyrion twins? It's like Tyrion's mount or the guy himself maybe transformed somehow.

who knows, in the Vid, Kragnos says something like I defeated the twin headed god?

You know, a lot of people don't like the vamp-taur models but at least in my local group, everyone is talking about that figure, even the 40k guys. I suppose that's going to change with today's announcements, but at least for a day, AoS was in the mouth of almost everyone in the hobby.

• LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Worse if you encounter a player or tournament with "what you see is what you get" rule. Or somebody simply wants to have everything compatible with actual rules and doesn't want to have any proxies.

One can always pretend that his Morathi model is Alarielle for the purpose of Sylvaneth army but it somehow kills the immersion for me.

Never met one person who has kicked up a fuss about using reasonable proxies. 

I would never use Morathi as Alarielle as 2 completely diffrent armies and they don't look remotely like each other but can't see an issue with using a vampire as a vampire Lord. 

Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks I guess. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Never met one person who has kicked up a fuss about using reasonable proxies. 

I would never use Morathi as Alarielle as 2 completely diffrent armies and they don't look remotely like each other but can't see an issue with using a vampire as a vampire Lord. 

Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks I guess. 

Ok, I agree. I gave a bad example.

30 minutes ago, Talas said:

You know, a lot of people don't like the vamp-taur models but at least in my local group, everyone is talking about that figure, even the 40k guys. I suppose that's going to change with today's announcements, but at least for a day, AoS was in the mouth of almost everyone in the hobby.

At least it's interesting. You can't find anything like this in other universes. And the sculpt itself is executed perfectly.