The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I'm curious.   What would that be? Cuz from where I'm sitting, the GA books are pretty darn good.

The Grand Alliance books while great in some ways, aren't so great in others (Mainly in combination with Generals Handbook).

In essence, all they did was reprint the Compendium Warscrolls (With some minor adjustments and keyword tweaks) that they wish to support models for while giving us some fluff for how they fit in the new mortal realms.

So did the Grand Alliance books really do that much for us? Not really. And in combination with the Generals Handbook and how you build armies, the fact that there are 44 sub-factions, 35~ish of which are probably medium to small and hard to actually build an enjoyable force around is a bit of an issue.

I think if you asked any High or Dark Aelf player, they'd probably prefer to use Compendium where they actually had synergies. And I'd say it's led to at least one High Elf player locally to give up the game a bit.

I think though, it does come back a lot to GW being too slow with updating those factions. It's pretty shameful to say, that since Beastclaw Raiders/Bonesplitterz (Which got zero model support) dropped at the same time as the Generals Handbook, the only older faction that has been migrated in almost a year were the Tzeentch Arcanites/Daemons which pretty much stayed as is anyway. That's where redoing Stormcast continually gets us I suppose.

In that time, we should have at least a few more battletomes of 'almost there' armies and I'd have hoped to see one of the small sub-factions expanded into a true faction.

But it is what it is. It's my opinion that the GA books didn't actually do that much for the game overall. Other people are free to see differently.

Edited by someone2040
  • Like 2

Hmm.  It looks like I just am in a different place than you.  For me, a set of very inexpensive physical books that contain all the rules for all my stuff (or damn close) and some good painting references made them highly valuable to me.  I still use them regularly, including for Skirmish.

The Generals Handbook did nothing to diminish them either, since the game I bought when the GA books came out is still the game, or one aspect of it anyway. The GH provides some alt structure for different styles of play, but that doesn't mean I cannot still take what I want in a game, even stuff from different GA books if I want.

I find the GA/Original-Early AoS experience to be fantastic - still. I have no issue building forces from them.  In fact, for me, the GH and the newer Battletomes are the downer. Don't get me wrong, they are neat and I am glad they exist, but they complicate the game needlessly and drag far too many good people who were growing as hobbyists and opponents back to a Dark Age of The One True Way to Play.  It's disheartening.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 5

I am a big fan of the GA books too - in fact I prefer them to the Indexes gw have done for 40k which for the most part just feel like a bunch of numbers and repeated rules (albeit with a fair few great pics or photos).

I find the GA books way more inspiring, where each warscroll has a photo and unique special rules. Would be neat if they republished them with GA allegiance abilities and points in the back and left the GHB for just the matched play rules and scenarios. More room for narrative and open scenarios then too!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

I still keep a faint hope that once deathguard releases are done AOS Nurgle will get the treatment. As they did for Tzeentch back in january. It makes so much sense as some of the DG models might work for AOS too. 

Hopefully it comes with updated Beasts of Nurgle and Great Unclean Ones. Add in poxwalkers and we'll have all we need for the combined battletome. (Though I would really want Pestigors)

1 hour ago, Mayple said:

I think that more or less confirms cthulhu aelves. Finally some rumor we can work with :D

Pretty much. I hope they won't look too good. I don't think I can stand collecting another army....

52 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Hopefully it comes with updated Beasts of Nurgle and Great Unclean Ones. Add in poxwalkers and we'll have all we need for the combined battletome. (Though I would really want Pestigors)

Pretty much. I hope they won't look too good. I don't think I can stand collecting another army....

I am pretty sure that the wormy scaly thing that have appeared in recent 40k art is connected to the rumor picture of the many tiny legs we saw a while back. These must be indicators that a new beast model is on its way. 

- In AOS beast have become one of the few fast units for Nurgle it can be a vital part of any Nurgle army and it's current model is very old, resin and butt ugly. It makes sense to give us a creepy bug version matching the design of the Rot flies.

- Rotbringers at the moment have only one unit. They need their Kairic Acolyte/Blood Reaver/Marauder counterpart which hopefully is Pox Walkers.

- Pestigors would make sense as counterpart to Tzaangors. I am not sure however if they are needed in the army. But since Pestigors has appeared in some of the very recent Nurgle fluff for 40K and AOS it wouldn't surprise me if they were made.

- Grt Unclean One must be a sure thing. 

What I am really looking forward to see is what kind of army traits and artifacts and battleplans the Nurgle battletome contains. Tzeentch and Khorne got some very cool thematic special rules so I cannot wait to see what's in store for grandfathers finest.

Also WHEN!!!?

My best bet would be after the deathguard release as that would allow GW to please AOS and 40K fans at the same time.

• Like 1

The quick Codex releases idea could be interesting to translate to AoS. I'm sure many of us would be happy to get a Lizardman treatment for old armies that are inevitably going to be ignored.

Write some fluff, add a few battalions, bit of traits, etc... not much work yet keeps a lot of people happy the easy way, while new minis come out.

My little finger tells me that we'll just get another tasteless stormcasts release. Yes, cthulhu elves are supposed to be on the way (when was the last elf miniature release? 2014?!), but GW has to squeeze in as much as possible those posterboys. 

I chatted to one of the GW managers today, he's fairly convinced Nurgle are about to be released for both 40k and AoS

How reliable/official that is I'm not sure but it's definitely not the first time we've heard that!

Edited by Liath
  • Like 1

We'll know by the GH2 whether Nurgle is getting an update at least. If he hasn't got any Allegiance rules it seems like a fairly strong indicator that he isn't getting much this year.

I wonder if Clans Pestilens will be folded into the greater Nurgle collection, or if they'll remain distinct though. 

27 minutes ago, BlooDeck said:

I wonder if Clans Pestilens will be folded into the greater Nurgle collection, or if they'll remain distinct though. 

I hope not. Would seem like a very quick and dirty fix to avoid developing pox-walkers and/or pestigors

• Like 2

y'all seem pretty sure that GHB2 is released before Nurgle. Unless GHB2 is sneaked in during the flood of 40K stuff I thought it made more sense to release Nurgle before GHB2. 

It would seem that we are waiting for the Path to glory and GHB 2 book soon but I wonder when soon is.

Edited by Greasygeek

Path to glory was previewed in this month's WD.  Gangs of commoragh and skirmish had a similar 2 page preview in WD and turned up in the second half of that month. That suggests that path to glory will come first, possibly a preorder on the 15th. I had originally thought that Ghb2 would come out then but maybe not.

I don't think we will see aos specific nurgle stuff for a while. I believe they said outright that pox walkers would not be coming over. We may see a new demon or two but I would not expect a book anywhere near the deathguard release.

• Like 1

hey guys, stop hyping. they said that the ghb 2 will come out later this year. They started printing it now, so it means that we have to wait at least 3 months. I expect that the ghb 2 will will come out November or December. Also dont think that they will change any rules before Heat 4 Torunament and that Tournament is in October. So lets be reallistic, they will concentrate now on 40k and after October its time for aos.

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 1

Blood & Glory is in November (3/4/5), @Ben confirmed in one of the shows, that GH2017 will be available before this event, as it will be used on it. Hence we should get it few weeks prior this date.

If I heard it correctly yesterday on stream, or was it on Wednesday, Rufio was discussing future changes to Battleline units in GH2017. There should be more options in this area.

3 more weeks of July left. Few more Primaris and general 40k releases.

See no reason why GH2 can't be end of this month/start of August?

It's been touted all year as a July release, not sure why everyone's in a tizz about exactly when it'll be?

49 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

They started printing it now

Is this a thing? Did they do a print announcement? (genuine Q...)

55 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

hey guys, stop hyping. they said that the ghb 2 will come out later this year. They started printing it now, so it means that we have to wait at least 3 months. I expect that the ghb 2 will will come out November or December. Also dont think that they will change any rules before Heat 4 Torunament and that Tournament is in October. So lets be reallistic, they will concentrate now on 40k and after October its time for aos.

they said yearly release. not year and 1/3 release. 

its been shown  as a picture in the new starter set, so its already been printed and shipped. its just waiting on distribution

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fungrim said:

I mean, that was published 2-3 weeks ago, so any time after late June is 'later this year'....

How would you phrase it? but still keeping your options open for any unexpected delays. ;) 

Edited by Kramer

9 hours ago, BlooDeck said:

I'd be ok with that.  They pretty much already are just a type of beastman, and my Skirmish warband uses them as the fodder troops to support my blight kings and drones.