The Rumour Thread

Really looking forward for today’s reveals, and what else is to come this week. Lowering my expectations a bit though, to prevent disappointment.

I think it is reasonable to expect the last Soulblight models to be revealed, and we will finally find out who and what Kragnos is. Anything else would be bonus for today (some BR army sets again that come with BR:Kragnos?) If it is less, yeah got to admit, I would be a bit disappointed.

For Saturday it is harder to tell what to expect. First teaser for AOS 3.0 would make perfectly sense, but the fact that it isn’t announced as AOS, is reason for some doubts. It far from excludes the possibility that it is AOS 3.0 reveal after all, I think, but we just can’t be as sure as when they would have announced is to be AOS upfront. I guess it just might be a marketing strategy to get everyone hyped up a bit by keeping it a mystery, I don’t know. It being the last day of the week, in the weekend, make you think it must be a big (the biggest?) announcement, and things like Horus Heresy or another look into the future for ToW, that is still years ahead of us, doesn’t seem to match that expectation. But who knows, as said I try to keep my expectations low for this one.

From what I have seen from the blurry picture, the Vampire centerpiece may not be my cup of tea.  A big vampire torse, hmm dunno if I like that idea….but lets see how I feel when I see it in all detail, so far all new centerpieces has been extraordinary this year.

For Kragnos, really enjoyed the speculations the past week. There is so much it can be, I think there was seldom so much room for speculation, from Chaos to Destruction, from BoC to Kurnothi, or something completely new. Downside, no doubt some people will be disappointed today. Personally, by what we know so far, I more and more got convinced this will be Chaos, probably BoC. Seems to match the aesthetics, and as someone said, the BR seems to be about Chaos vs Order. Not sure what the line “my people, they are gone” means though.

Looks like Destruction factions indeed will be the only ones completely excluded from BR, so I guess After Kragnos everything is set for them to get into the spotlight with the release of 3.0. A new army, if the rumors are true, what about the other factions?, would it be odd to expect that the other destructions factions will also get their share in the weeks or months after 3.0 is released?

26 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nah man, I’ve just been waiting for like 10-15years for a decent update, definitely not desperate 

Is it really that long? damn.

Well, the definately can use an update as well, and I guess at least at some point they need a replacement for all the metal still found in the range. Lets hope they just don't drop them without when molds wear out. 

The range looks still pretty good though, but if you see what they are capable of with plastic these days, makes me looking forward what they can do for Skaven 

16 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

MOAR GREENSKINZ FOR THE WAAAGH!!

Instead of larger Grots are we getting leaner Orruks?

10 hours ago, FFJump said:

Leaner orcs? So just regular non-black orcs ala Fantasy? Or, maybe, going by this Mongolian talk about their look and the Hobbit... a re-visit to how Orcs used to look like back in the earlier editions of Fantasy?

Old Orcs 2.jpg

Old Orcs 3.PNG

Old Orcs.JPG

@Whitefang reacted to both of these posts!! Leaner aesthetic Orruks confirmed!!

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Oldhammer is comming back!

Man-Mangler.jpg

20200624_160014.jpg

marcatv1p012mb2-01.jpg

Hmmm still think this rumor engine is related if that's the case. These evil looking faces were a very common element in oldhammer minis.

Evil Sun.jpg

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 3

Not a huge fan of wimpy orruks, but then beefy orruks were never really my bag either. Happy for those that are stoked by this though.

Personally, I'm hoping we get more information on the "knightly stormcast".

For instance, are they on horseback or not? 

Or are they not stormcast at all but rather order of azyr?

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 2

Super pumped to hopefully get more info on the vampires today. Because of my work schedule I'll likely be asleep for the preview, but I'm preparing by starting an Isabella Von Carstein campaign in Total War, having a glass of wine and building my Crimson Court warband. Probably a bit on the nose but still a fun way to hype myself up. 🧛‍♂️

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

With OBR the 'redux' Tomb Kings,

If the Gitmob is the spiritual 'redux' Oldhammer Orcs,

And the 'Stormcast Knights' is the spiritual 'redux' of Bretonnia,

Have we almost finished the arc of 'what happened to the squatted factions?' 

Edited by Dreddships

4 minutes ago, Akylas said:

Super pumped to hopefully get more info on the vampires today. Because of my work schedule I'll likely be asleep for the preview, but I'm preparing by starting an Isabella Von Carstein campaign in Total War, having a glass of wine and building my Crimson Court warband. Probably a bit on the nose but still a fun way to hype myself up. 🧛‍♂️

yeah, "wine"....
i am incredibly hyped as well

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Have we almost finished the arc of 'what happened to the squatted factions go?' 

I don’t see there being that many left, only shadow elves and maybe a couple others I’m missing but I doubt any are major other than Malekiths/malerions side to the elves... I definitely see them arriving in 3rd... I’ve been waiting since aos began for their return... but the vampires certainly have filled that void for now! Can’t wait for all the reveals! I know I’m gonna be blown away regardless of how much/little is shown! 

22 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Have we almost finished the arc of 'what happened to the squatted factions go?' 

Just need Kurnothi for wardancers/wood elves, a mountain kingdom dwarf faction to replace the dwarfs and Malekiths DE. 

There are a fair few factions- Skaven, BoC and Seraphon which are surviving on old sculpts and need updating. 

Really looking forward to the reveal later whatever it brings!

• Like 2

Hello guys, haven't played AoS since the release of 2.0 due to heavy unbalanced army rules (i was playing KO and BCR at the time).

After i saw the warhammer fest announcement i recalled that this year was about a new AoS edition (if a pattern is to be followed from previous releases).

Do we have any substantial info on what to expect from this new edition? Biggest for me is if the double turn is going away...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bluesummers said:

Do we have any substantial info on what to expect from this new edition? Biggest for me is if the double turn is going away...

Depens on what you consider "substantial", but recently the channel "Age of Sigmar List Lab" on youtube has been posting videos about mechanical changes for AoS 3 that many consider to be likely true.

While the videos don't cover all changes (just some personal highlights), it seems like the double turn is still in there. However, there is supposedly a new mechanics where on most (all?) scenarios, the player going second turn 3 gets to remove an objective.

Other changes mentioned are the introduction of generic battalions for matched play (with current battalions likely being narrative only in the future), changes to command point (you get more and they refill quicker), limitations on buff stacking (max +/-1 to saves, hit and wound) and the introduction of charge reactions.

13 hours ago, FFJump said:

Leaner orcs? So just regular non-black orcs ala Fantasy? Or, maybe, going by this Mongolian talk about their look and the Hobbit... a re-visit to how Orcs used to look like back in the earlier editions of Fantasy?

Old Orcs 2.jpg

Old Orcs 3.PNG

Old Orcs.JPG

Damn i am on the hype train again. Next stop emptywalleton!

(still hoping for a orruk/gobbo mixed army)

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 1

Hello,

V1 was for Chaos, V2 was for death, V3 will be the edition of the destruction.There is Kragnos for the last Broken Realms, a new destruction army in the starter box of V3. I think that we should have another destruction army (not soon ?). Death had nightaunt and Ossiarch, Destruction doesn't have a lot of army, that why I think that they will have a second new destruction army during V3.

Bye

22 minutes ago, Saï.Gonn said:

Hello,

V1 was for Chaos, V2 was for death, V3 will be the edition of the destruction.There is Kragnos for the last Broken Realms, a new destruction army in the starter box of V3. I think that we should have another destruction army (not soon ?). Death had nightaunt and Ossiarch, Destruction doesn't have a lot of army, that why I think that they will have a second new destruction army during V3.

Bye

Death is also getting Vamps so that’s 3 death factions. Chaos got Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle in their edition I believe too so we could potentially see 3 for Destruction.