The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Next weekend preorder predictions? I am going with WU warbands as they are meant to be released in may. Maybe both at same week

20210502_094853.jpg

Pretty sure it’s the Necromunda starter set, but they may add a couple more things possibly the Ork set! I think gravelords will definitely come out this month, the model of the month and white dwarf suggest it. But I could definitely see this set coming out alongside a release too! 

9 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Next weekend preorder predictions? I am going with WU warbands as they are meant to be released in may. Maybe both at same week

Necromunda, but maybe more 

Edited by zamerion
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aleser said:

20210502_094853.jpg

Necromunda starter was announced. Maybe we also get the AdMech codex as well, considering that one is announced and we have some articles for it.

We haven't seen much of Kenan's reapers yet so they're out until we get a 2nd preview for them. And with the current hiccups it makes sense to me that they're trying to release both Underworlds bands at the same time.

For everything else we have next weeks previews from Warhammer Fest, so nothing until we get those done.

2 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

As much as I prefer the Old World setting to the current one, I 100% agree with this.

Please give me Destruction Wood Elves, Order Vampires or Not-Tomb-Kings, etc.

It could also be done by creating new faction keywords, like Nurge followers and Clan Pestilens could all get the keyword PESTILENTIAL HORDE meaning they could ally together in new ways, while not completely overhauling how the battletomes currently work

Another example could be GREY WATER FASTNESS, IRONWELD ARSENAL and KHARADRON OVERLORDS all get the STEAM HEAD LEGION; SYLVANETH and BEASTS OF CHAOS become also FOREST FIGHTERS; and so on

Edited by DoctorPerils

So a Grimdark Live update on the AoS 3.0 Destruction Army.

supposedly its a new Greenskins variant that's "smaller than orcs, larger than goblins" (which i guess that was what Whitefang was hinting at) one unit is clearly riding wolfs

kind of matches what Hobgoblins are in the Old world too but maybe less grot-like and more something totally new.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

17 +minutes to explain "smaller than orcs, larger than goblins" lol I'm glad they are certain on the variant itself now.

This all sounds like a roundabout way of saying "Gitmob." We already have Rippa's Snarlfangs which are slightly larger Grots riding significantly larger wolves/wargs/snarlfangs, it's not much of a stretch to see that being expanded on as a whole faction.

Every time I see these new rumors with speculation on mysterious wolf grots, it confuses me since we already know who those are. They appear in the Gloomspite codex, Underworlds, and a few short passages as the Gitmob. Unless they add a second separate culture of mongol-inspired grots riding wolves, it can only be the Gitmob.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

31 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

This all sounds like a roundabout way of saying "Gitmob." We already have Rippa's Snarlfangs which are slightly larger Grots riding significantly larger wolves/wargs/snarlfangs, it's not much of a stretch to see that being expanded on as a whole faction.

Every time I see these new rumors with speculation on mysterious wolf grots, it confuses me since we already know who those are. They appear in the Gloomspite codex, Underworlds, and a few short passages as the Gitmob. Unless they add a second separate culture of mongol-inspired grots riding wolves, it can only be the Gitmob.

Chaos Dwarves had hobgoblin slaves ... Just saying ;)

11 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

While I think this the most likely (that or Malerion join GA Chaos upon release), I do wish they mixed up some of these factions rather than keep them in the same configuration as the old world. Like rather than make Battletome Dark Elves of Sigmar, have the daughters of khaine be joined by soulblight; a chaos undead faction in the vein of krell; a human destruction faction that doesn't look like barbarians...

In a way, take the approach chaos Dwarves did, by moving a traditional "lawful good" race into the evil spectrum, and have them rule over a faction of their traditional enemies. Have fun breaking the stereotypes and create new characterful stuff

(Unrelated, but I think they could have some fun with moving Cities of Sigmar out of GA Order, and making them alliable into any of the grand alliances - this could give rise to the cult of nagash faction idea, or the old wood elf units in a Destruction wild Hunt style deal)

While i really like the idea of breaking away from some of the traditional moulds that the factions are in, i would be gutted if Malerion would be part of a chaos alliance as it goes completly against his character traits and would make 0 sense. It would be like them bringing back Settra and making him serve Nagash. As a fan and collector of chaos dwarves though i can fully understand how interesting turing a traditional trope on its head can be :)

ALL PRAISE HASHUT THE FATHER OF DARKNESS :)

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

5 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I still don't get how kragnos fits into this new greenskin army. 

He's either leader of destruction soup or like some sort of orruk centaur. Both of which seem weird to me

If Kragnos is destruction, I don't think he is a greenskin, but more a generic Destruction Godbeast-being.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

17 +minutes to explain "smaller than orcs, larger than goblins" lol I'm glad they are certain on the variant itself now.

Also, they claim that all the Stormcast and wolfrider models in the new boxed set are new, and that the box will contain both Stormcast and new faction battletomes (or, well, they just say 'books', but the strong implication is battletomes).

Ok, so Goblin Shape shifters? 

Like Primal Goblins with strong affinity towards Beasts. They worship Various animals, including wolves, Bears. Some can shape-shift or at least take on aspects of these animals. Their Totemic deity is Kragnos?

I don’t think I’ve ever grasped at straws so much trying to crack this.  

Possible aesthetic links to Kallikantzaros and more fantasy iterrations of cloven hooved Hobgoblins?

2E252501-255E-4602-A892-1BF2808BF18F.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Also, they claim that all the Stormcast and wolfrider models in the new boxed set are new, and that the box will contain both Stormcast and new faction battletomes (or, well, they just say 'books', but the strong implication is battletomes).

Chances of new Battletomes in the boxed set are lower than the return of Tomb Kings. More likely are Core rules and rules booklets that contain the warscrolls and background of the new units. (Like Shadow & Pain has)

• Like 1