The Rumour Thread

I wouldn't mind seeing a new SC profile. I'd prefer something completely new such as aelves, however I think they're going to release mostly Primaris Marines and Chaos (Nurgle, followed by Slaanesh) in the next few months.

15 hours ago, Tidings said:

To the Stormcast players saying they need something better than a Celestant Prime, no you don't. SCE can already shoot as well or better than Wanderers, melee as well as Orruks, survive better than anyone else, and move around the table/deploy like Sylvaneth. You don't NEED to have the equivalent of what other armies are themed around. It's actually okay for other armies to have something that SCE DON'T have. 

Very true, the only inherent drawback for stormcast is their numbers. 

Hmm a stormcast shoulder pad with an anvil on it... what could it be...? Guys, anvils of heldenhammer are the last chamber of stormcast. I think we get another faction of stormcast like the vanguard wing or extremis chamber. And spacemarines have a lot more than stormcast so im sure its stormcast!

On 29/06/2017 at 4:07 PM, Ratty_McRatface said:

I was looking threw the New Warhammer 40K book and I noticed something that I thought people on this thread might find interesting.  There are is a section on the book where they describe various major battles going on between Chaos and other forces where they talk a little bit about the events and have a little list of the players involved.   In the list the Pestigor Legions are listed multiple times other things too like ,  Redhorn Bloodgors, SporeWalker-Colossal Beast and a Tentacled Behemoth-WarpMonster are all listed for in Korn, Nurgle and Slaanesh army's respectively.

I would say this is a strong hint that both Nurgle and Korn are going to get Tzaangors equivelents and that there might be some big beastys also on the way, all of witch I would bet would be for both 40k and AOS.

What do you guys think of that? If you have the new 40K rule book and want to look it up yourself look on pages 158-167

Cheers,

Ratty 

I've seen Pestigors on the soon-to-be new Nurgle team Bloodbowl roster as well

2 hours ago, shadowgra said:

How will come out new deathguard? Can't wait more for some rumour on Nurgle for aos!!

Yeah I feel kinda dissapointed. appearently NURGLY isn't happening by the look of the WD preview. My last hope is that the end og July will have some new deathguard stuff that will lead to Nurgle daemon release suitiable for AOS and 40K.

I was so sure about this since their was so many signs and rumor engines pointering toward the perfect Nurgle Month. The WD is even released on the 7th..

5 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Yeah I feel kinda dissapointed. appearently NURGLY isn't happening by the look of the WD preview. My last hope is that the end og July will have some new deathguard stuff that will lead to Nurgle daemon release suitiable for AOS and 40K.

I was so sure about this since their was so many signs and rumor engines pointering toward the perfect Nurgle Month. The WD is even released on the 7th..

Could still be Nurgust, I suppose. 

15 hours ago, Uncas said:

Hey, I may have misheard, but i think they said on warhammer tv today during the second game that the general's handbook 2 had already gone to print. Did anyone else hear that? 

I thought I heard them say that it was already complete. ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Uncas said:

Hey, I may have misheard, but i think they said on warhammer tv today during the second game that the general's handbook 2 had already gone to print. Did anyone else hear that? 

Wouldn't surprise me - the lead time on most hard copy publications is up to 3 months though as they're normally printed in china and shipped back.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, rokapoke said:

So last night I played a battle plan from the Quest for Ghal Maraz campaign book. It was an absolute blast! This leads me to a question that I think belongs in this thread -- when will GW next produce a campaign book?

Not soon enough!

On 7/1/2017 at 9:33 PM, rokapoke said:

So last night I played a battle plan from the Quest for Ghal Maraz campaign book. It was an absolute blast! This leads me to a question that I think belongs in this thread -- when will GW next produce a campaign book?

In my opinion, we might not get it at all, unfortunately. Why?

- End Times - we needed this to say goodbye to  the Old World, or world that was as we call it nowadays. Plus in typical Game of Thrones style cut few heads off, limbs, smash, crash, explode or kill bunch of Special characters with style. Next Big Bang, small light in space, curtain goes down. THE END Thank you for all the years you spent on WFB, but this is the END, thanks and bye - we can say those books were directed to good old customers

Next Chapter of the story

- Fast forward few thousand years, Badumm tssss. Realmgate Wars started. Why we needed those? To build up the scene for new conflict, there was no background for eight mortal realms up until this point, so here we go. We have a story through the realms in several books. Main protagonists are here, factions being introduced here and there. Story line to back up new releases. New worlds, new possibilities, new game - again we can assume, that those books were directed this time, to existing and new customers.

Story is advancing slowly with each new book, slowly, but still there is something going on. It may be possible that we will get campaign books if:

- new starter will pop up, with completely different factions, maybe Destruction vs. Death,

- completely new factions will get introduced: Slaanesh returns and he hates aelves more than ever, surprise, surprise?!

My few cents on the topic. Still it would be nice to get some new campaign books (give points values to battalions included there this time around ;) )

It would be nice to have something new. 

After the build up for the overlords we have been left dry.

I'm so desperate that I'm thinking on buying DawnSpire.

I need mah elfs.

And seeing those damn Warhammer total war 2 teases is killing me!

Edited by Sete
  • Like 2